Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Original Liberator prop/model for sale?
Travisina
Frankymole wrote:

Travisina wrote:

A new article about B7, inspired (?) by the sale (?) of Libby on Ebay - in today's Telegraph:

A Genuine Classic
Urgh, what a stupid article.

Quote:
"...Girls tend not to appreciate the finer aspects of telefantasy prop collection"

I very nearly stopped reading after that Angry
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
You should see the hew and cry on Facebook about this model. I feel sorry for all the newer fans who don't know the facts yet. It seems it's been up to SD, Clanger68, Exterminator and myself to tell them the whole story!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Ellen York
Supposedly all publicity is good (as long as they spell your name correctly), but I'm not impressed with that article. Sigh! Sad

rojkerr1
That article makes ignorance and stupidity into an artform! Moron

Frankymole
Andy Spencer wrote: "For those still in doubt about what got sold on ebay recently, here is something to ponder, photo's of Martin Bower restoring 'the liberator' whilst The Liberator is still on the bench behind it! Some pretty nasty stuff has been going about recently so I think pictures can do their own talking."

Phil Stevens wrote: "There's only ever been ONE large Liberator, but here there are TWO. How can this be? Ah, Martin Bower built a replica!"

i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Frankymole/lib-replica.jpg

i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Frankymole/lib-replica2.jpg

Nice replica, but worth 33,000?

JustBrad
It is a lovely model, and no doubt worth a lot of money. The only thing that gets my ire is the attempts to pass it off as something it is not.

BradPaula
JustBrad wrote:

It is a lovely model, and no doubt worth a lot of money. The only thing that gets my ire is the attempts to pass it off as something it is not.

It gets me steamed too about how it is conveniently portrayed as the real thing and not a fabulous replica. But the main thing which gets me mad is that it keeps being put up for sale at some amazingly inflated price, only to have it 'sold' each time or suddenly taken off ebay for no logical reason. Does the owner think we conveniently forgot the other alleged sales of the replica? In the last year alone it's been put up for sale what- 3 or 4 times only to be mysteriously sold. The owner must have one of the transmuting matter machines which duplicates Tarrants or even ships, like in Moloch.

Love the Martin Bower copyright photos. The smoking gun at last? Geez- just own up to it and we'd be happy. If some poor unfortunate soul wants to squander his hard-earned cash for a replica then who am I to complain?

Frankymole
JustBrad wrote:

The replicas are worth up to 6000 or so. This sold for 33,000 under claims it was the screen-used hero prop, which it wasn't. Is that fraudulent misrepresentation, a gullible buyer, or both?

Of course, history is written by the winners, so in future generations this will become the "real" prop and Mat Irvine will be, as represented by the sellers, a liar. Even though he isn't.

Travisina
Frankymole wrote:

This sold for 33,000 under claims it was the screen-used hero prop, which it wasn't. Is that fraudulent misrepresentation, a gullible buyer, or both?

But was it ACTUALLY sold? When I went to eBay, it just said 'listing ended' - could that mean it was simply withdrawn from sale? Either way, I'm willing to bet that it turns up again on Ebay in a couple of months' time.

I feel sorry for poor Libby - it's a gorgeous model, beautifully detailed. It's not a studio prop, but it is an object of beauty in its own right. And from other things this chap has posted, it seems like he's managed to knock one of the nacelles out of alignment (there was a worrying reference to him using a bungee cord to straighten it). I wish a genuine fan would rescue it, though obviously not for 33k.

clanger68
As somebody pointed out to me elsewhere this Liberator thing isn't any of my business, which it essentially isn't.

I've always maintained what the model is worth is entirely up to the seller-buyer, what the model is perceived as (screen used or not) is up to the individual, although unfortunately, as always, whoever shouts loudest will have their version of history recorded.

I do feel that 'what it is being advertised as' with an intention to sell is my, and all interested parties, concern, but not enough to get hot under the collar.

However the seller/previous seller was making accusations/loose threats towards Mat Irvine on a facebook page last night before being banned from the group, this prompted me to publish the photos above.

Anyway, thank you Terry Nation, Ian Scoones, Martin Bower, Space Models, Roger Murray Leach and Mat Irvine for giving us and maintaining the sexiest space ship in the Galaxy.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Travisina
clanger68 wrote:

Anyway, thank you Terry Nation, Ian Scoones, Martin Bower, Space Models, Roger Murray Leach and Mat Irvine for giving us and maintaining the sexiest space ship in the Galaxy.

Hear, hear!

Anniew
Clanger if something is being sold is misrepresented in the description and you know it then that is our business and we should do all we can to warn the buyers. Originals are obviously much more valuable than replicas - however lovely. Thank you for standing up for what is right.

I agree if someone is prepared to pay 33,000 for a model good luck to them - I wish I had their money. But they should know that it IS a model before they shell out and if they choose to disbelieve the truth well, that's up to them but at least they were warned.

Shouting loudly and abusively in an attempt to shut people up tells its own story. I think the seller's reactions says it all.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Anniew, we have been warning people, both here and on Facebook. Clanger, Exterminator, Brad and myself often have posted here and on other sites trying to warn newer fans of the replica ship. But what is most strange is that this owner keeps putting the ship up and then suddenly taking it down repeatedly. Like I've said before, we can only warn others, as we aren't the prop police so if someone wants to sink that amount of cash into something of that nature, let them. Buyer beware.

Also, no one here wants our fandom besmirched, case in point being the that recent newspaper article highlighting that replica ship and making our fandom out to be a bunch off sad fan girls and boys. But we can only do so much on our end. Sad, but that's life.
Edited by BradPaula on 12 June 2015 23:19:19

Anniew
Yes I really admire all you do to promote the interests of us fans. My post was intended to thank you all for what you do. I wonder if the sellerputs it repeatedly up for sale because he is either hoping that eventually we'll get fed up warning others or to muddy the waters so that his story will be believed. Claim something sufficient times and it becomes true. Portraying fans as a bunch of saddoes strengthens his case. Clever amoral ploy. Or does he ( kinder thought) really believe he has an original and can't accept that he bought it under false pretences?
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

littlesue
Guess what?
It's back on Ebay...this time with a Pursuit Ship as well...still 33,000 though!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

Guess what?
It's back on Ebay...this time with a Pursuit Ship as well...still 33,000 though!!!!!

Wow, a BOGOF! By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings...

Click!

Joe Dredd
Sky, 9pm
Gordon Watson, Celia Sawyer, Alex Proud and David Sonnenthal seek to cast their eyes over more remarkable finds, as members of the public submit their prized possessions for approval. Among the latest items offered are Jackie Kennedy's maternity dress, a giant automaton, a Masonic punch-bowl, a valuable piece of Arts and Crafts silverware, and an original spacecraft model from the sci-fi TV series Blake's 7.

Link to Radio Times: Click!

I hope it's not that eBay bloke trying to whip up some providence for his model.

trevor travis
IT'S A FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Joe Dredd
Fake's 7!

trevor travis
Oh look, someone has now posted on the Radio Times page.... wonder who that was Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,826,904 unique visits since 8th January 2014