Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
March 2015 Fanfic Challenge
Travisina
That's just beautiful, PC!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
PC....lovely, just lovely....welling up a bit now.......................................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
DON’T GET MAD, GET EVEN

“So then”, said Carnell. “You have a proposition for me.”

“Revenge”, said the man. “I want revenge. They left me for dead.”

“And how do you propose to pay me? I’ve been forced onto the black market, but I still have my price. I don’t come cheap.”

The man was stumped. “I’m sorry, I don’t have anything.”

“In that case, you’re wasting my time, and my time is precious. I can’t do anything for you.”

“But please”, the man pleaded. “I must.. I must get even with Blake and Avon.”

“Blake? Roj Blake?”

“That’s him.”

“In that case, I’m sure I will be able to offer my services for free, just for this one occasion.”

Carnell sat back in his seat and smiled.

It had gone perfectly. Everything Carnell had promised had come true. The plan had worked, right down to the smallest degree.

Blake had lost the Liberator. He ended up on a backward planet called Gauda Prime, deluding himself he could still make a difference.

And Avon had stuffed up big time. He caused the Liberator to be destroyed. He’d made Servalan the richest lady in the galaxy. And now… he’d shot Blake dead.

The man swept majestically into the room, his long cape swirling around him. This was his moment of triumph, long predicted by Carnell. The man looked slightly sorrowful when he saw the inert body of Vila Restal. But it was just for a moment. Vila had left him for dead. The same as the others. The same as Jenna. Carnell had arranged for her death as well. Right in front of Blake’s eyes. BOOM!

Avon, numb with what he’d done, finally came to his senses. He looked at the Federation guards surrounding him, and he took a protective step over Blake’s body.

He then saw the large figure of a man in front of him. He raised his gun and grimaced.

“Hello Gan”, said Avon.

littlesue
TT...excellent. For a character who was only in one episode, Mr Smooth certainly does keep cropping up!

Anniew
They crouched uncomfortably under the bench. Dayna opened her mouth to speak but Tarrant silenced her with a long finger held to his lips. Her eyes widened as she heard the noise. Ears straining, holding their breath, they listened to the sound of footsteps drawing near.

---
Three hours earlier...

'He's dead, Vila. You saw him die. There is no way that the dead can come alive again." Avon addressed the cowering thief with controlled irritation but Vila was not to be dissuaded.

" There's no way I'd have predicted a monster in a weird basement, Avon, or a bloke that could live for over two hundred years, so don't give me that 'no way' stuff . I know what I heard."

"And what was that then? Tell us Vila." Tarrant turned to Dayna and Soolin inviting them to join in the joke.

"Oh yes, mock away Tarrant. You won't find it so funny when you hear it yourself."

Avon sat down on one of the couches in the rest area, a look of pained disbelief on his face, while Soolin poured herself some water, cynically amused. Dayna joined Tarrant in Vila-baiting.

"So what did you hear, Vila? It must have been terrifying to frighten someone as brave as you."

Tarrant grinned openly and Soolin turned away in a more tactful attempt to hide her smile. Avon merely grimaced slightly in what could have been amusement or more pain.

"Cheap shot Dayna!" Vila blasted back, indignantly, "If you'd have heard them your blood would have run as cold as mine, and even laughing boy there would have lost his smile."

"But what was it you heard? You haven't told us anything yet." Dayna persisted.

"Just that you believe Dorian's ghost is haunting the base." Tarrant added.

Vila glared at his crew mates, looked nervously over his shoulder, dropped his voice and explained in a near whisper, " I was in the shower room, just, towelling off, you know, when I heard... footsteps."

"Footsteps?" Soolin let her bafflement show. "Footsteps Vila?"

"Footsteps," Vila nodded, sitting down on the couch not far from Avon.

"Footsteps? Why on earth would that lead you to conclude we have a ghost here?" Dayna didn't bother to hide her scorn as she offered a plate with reconstituted cakes to Avon, who shuddered slightly and firmly shook his head in refusal. Vila leaned forward and grabbed three of the garishly decorated offerings, cramming two into his mouth.

"'En I 'ooked 'ow 'ere was 'uffing 'ere," he spluttered indistinctly through a mouthful of icing.

Avon's pained look intensified as he fastidiously flicked some of the sprayed cake crumbs from his sleeve. Soolin's bafflement increased.

" 'Uffing? " she asked, "what do you mean, 'uffing'?"

"'Uffing 'ere," Vila emphasised loudly. "'Uffing at all."

"He means," Avon translated wearily," that when he went to investigate the source of the footprints there was nothing to be seen. Nothing to explain why they occurred."

"'At's right. 'Uffing." Vila swallowed the rest of his cake, a process that involved much spluttering and choking, then took a huge mouthful of wine and spluttered some more while his crew mates watched on in fascinated repulsion. " I looked everywhere," he continued more clearly, "and I could hear them coming straight towards me but there was no one there. Then everything went cold, like I was in a tomb or something. Like it was when we were in that basement,."

The laughter died on Tarrant's lips and Dayna shivered involuntarily as they both recalled those horrific moments in the dark, the green mist swirling around them and something shapeless moving in the shadows. Even Soolin and Avon were silent for a few moments.

Then, decisively, Avon stood and pronounced, "Well, Vila, although I seriously doubt that we have anything to worry about, I recommend we all stay away from that shower room for the time being."

---

"It worked, Orac. ". Vila whispered, watching with satisfaction from his vantage point in the ventilation shaft above the shower room as Dayna and Tarrant shot out through its door and skidded to a halt in the empty corridor. Footsteps, distinct and purposeful could be heard marching towards them and the temperature dropped abruptly causing them to move together uneasily, looking fearfully around.

Instantly Vila switched off the fan and motioned Orac to cut sound transmission. All was quiet.

"Erm, Dayna," Tarrant muttered in the silence, " I think Avon's right. We'll just avoid this corridor in future, shall we?"

"Good idea," agreed Dayna hastily. " we can always use the shower in corridor three, even if it is a bit damp and the water's not so hot. Let's get out of here shall we?"

"Agreed." Tarrant was already moving swiftly away, looking about him uneasily and Dayna ran to catch up with him, grabbing his arm as they hurried off. "And, Dayna," he continued, "I don't think we need to tell the others about this, do we? Especially Vila. "

Dayna's heartfelt, "No way," hung in the air behind the rapidly retreating couple for several seconds, music to Vila's ears.

---
Later...

"We agreed one bottle of wine, Vila and one bottle of Alberan Brandy. Not a crate." Avon's sudden appearance startled Vila so much he nearly dropped the box of booze he was clutching tightly in his arms.

"Oh come on Avon. Isn't getting exclusive use of the best shower facility on Xenon worth I few bottles?"

Avon paused while he considered this and then his lips twitched wryly.

"Perhaps," he conceded and held the door open as Vila made his way back to his room clutching his prize.
Edited by Anniew on 18 March 2015 14:14:12
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Oh wow Ms Cleric, what a powerful and moving tale. And Trevor, a very clever story. I guess you are in the " Gan is a psychopath' camp?

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:
I guess you are in the " Gan is a psychopath' camp?

No, not really. Gan hasn't done any of the killing himself, he's just got Carnell to orchestrate the whole thing for him, to enable Blake and Avon to provide their own downfalls.

I just reasoned that if Blake had got it wrong (checked for the pulse in the wrong place - wouldn't put it past him) and Gan was alive, then he might be a bit peeved at being abandoned in Central Control. Gan is a man of absolutes. He follows Blake with absolute conviction. If his faith in Blake was destroyed, he may chose to bring down Blake with the same level of conviction i.e. find out someone who could do it for him, and what better candidate than Carnell?

PS Love the story based around the shower room on Xenon base Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 18 March 2015 14:33:34

Hugbot
purplecleric wrote:

I hope it does the original story justice.

Absolutely! What a brilliant continuation - giving fascinating insight into our heroes and consequently developing the idea further. And developing it consequently to a bitter ending ... this is B7 after all! I am honoured that I could spark such a great piece of prose!

@ TT: A neat tale with an ingenious idea, and a convincing explanation of all the mishaps that have befallen our heroes. Suddenly it all makes sense. Somehow I am glad that you did not write your Roj Bear story. I really like you hilariously funny stories, but it was very interesting to get to know your more serious side.

@ Anniew: Clever and funny! Good to see Avon and Vila again joining in a ploy ... a bit like Gambit meets Gaslight! And so many lovely details (Avon flicking the crumbs off his sleeve, Vila's incomprehensible speech etc.)! The Xenon shower room seems to have a strange attraction for many of our fanfic authors ... Grin

Anniew
Ah thanks Hugbot. I was so relieved to write that story. The well had seemed to run dry and I was finding it so difficult to write anything that I was relieved when I finally got an inspiration - off the backs of all the great shower stories! Your red room and Purple Cleric's sequel to it make such a great addition to the Blakes7 story!

And how nice to read Trevor's story about Gan, a character I would really struggle to write about. And one so shabbily treated that he really deserves the chance for revenge!

Travisina
More great stories - Annie, that was fun! Though I'm finding everyone's fixation with shower scenes a little unsettling!

And TT - very good, very clever. I didn't guess the twist until the end - well done!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Loved the idea of Avon and Vila forming a little scheme, just like a scene out of NCIS where that sort of thing is part of the formula. And a collaboration between Carnell and Gan? Interesting...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
PC, TT, and Annie- excellent stories! What is so great about this is the endless variety and wild imaginations of our Forum members. Thanks- they've all been very entertaining.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

littlesue
Lurena has been busy and produced a lovely picture to go with our Meegat short story.
Here it is and is now in place.
i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/img383_zpsex955a0l.jpg

Spaceship Dispatcher
That's excellent, and a good likeness of Suzan Farmer too. Very nice.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Lovely picture, Lurena!

peladon
So sorry, very little time to read, comment or write at the moment. Very much enjoyed what I have been able to read. This just came to me, a bit rough as I've not got time to polish it, so please fprgive the imperfections.

Progress to madness
At first he was cold. A cold with something more than just an absence of warmth, a cold that had an edge of bitterness that seemed to seep in from the grey haze that surrounded him. The same haze that kept everything at a distance that muffled voices and numbed touch. No tears, no feeling at all, just cold. He wondered if he was going mad.

Then gradually the cold went and the grey mist faded and the shivers came. Memories flickering on the edge of sleep, on the edge of vision, each one sending a jolt of something he couldn’t, or wouldn’t, name through him. The electric touch of horror and shame as he realised he would never recall them with anything but bitterness and pain ever again. He wondered if it would send him mad.

Then came the heat; a roaring furnace of rage that burned away the shivers and shrivelled the shame. How had he been such a fool? How had he not seen, not understood her lies, her treachery? How could he have believed in her and the absurd promises she offered? How dare she die before he had the chance to fling it all, his rage and contempt, in her face? He wondered then if madness had arrived.

Finally the habits of his lifetime reasserted themselves. She was what she was and she had let him go. Love or not there had been some attempt at recompense and she had not sought his death, though no doubt she could have arranged it before he ever left Earth. As for self blame? Well, she had been crafted to be all that he wanted, all that he needed her to be, to capture those things that would entrance him and prevent him seeing the truth of her. She had been designed and briefed by experts so why then should he take on blame? She had paid and he still lived, able to put the regret behind him. To learn and move on as he always had before. In the end who had the better of it?

Then he recognised the madness as grief and knew that it was over.

Anniew
Peladon. I loved this. Especially the end when he makes his regret a small part of life. Works beautifully. Thanks.

purplecleric
Yet more great entries and astonishing variety:

@TT - great to see an undervalued character take a step into the limelight and acquire the mantel of moral ambiguity that pervades B7.

@Lurena - another lovely illustration and a great likeness, too.

@AnnieW - I love it when Avon & Vila gang up! A well plotted way to complete the scene.

@peladon - no apologies necessary, thank you for contributing another of your beautiful, insightful pieces.

And now I really must finish my explanation of what Dayna & Tarrant are doing under the bench...

peladon
Anniew wrote:

Peladon. I loved this. Especially the end when he makes his regret a small part of life. Works beautifully. Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed it. No idea where it arrived from....

trevor travis
END GAME

They crouched uncomfortably under the bench. Dayna opened her mouth to speak but Tarrant silenced her with a long finger held to his lips. Her eyes widened as she heard the noise. Ears straining, holding their breath, they listened to the sound of footsteps drawing near.

And then the footsteps passed by and faded into the distance.

When they were in the clear, Tarrant and Dayna emerged from cover.

“So why are we hiding from Vila?” asked Dayna.

Tarrant smiled. “Because Vila is keeping something from us. And I’d like to know what! He came from that way.” Tarrant motioned down the corridor. “It must be one of the rooms down there.”

“One of them is the shower room, but I don’t have a clue what the others contain.”

“Soolin’s soap supplies? I’ve never known anyone take such long showers as her.”

“Well, I just hope she never finds out about you and Avon’s camera, otherwise we’ll find just how quick she is on the draw.”

Tarrant looked startled. How did Dayna know about that?

It only took a few minutes to find the room. Vila had locked the door. But most of the doors on Xenon Base would yield to a firm boot. This one wasn’t any different. Tarrant entered the room, while Dayna checked the corridor for Vila coming back.

“One guess”, said Tarrant, peering around the door.

Before Dayna had the chance to reply, Tarrant produced a bottle containing a red liquid.

“I should have known.”

“There’s a whole room of it, as well. Plus a chair and a pleasure console. And a peep hole through to the shower room.”

Dayna rolled her eyes. What was it with the men in the crew? “So much for Dorian’s wine having nearly run out. Vila must have found it, and then kept it to himself.”

“No wonder he’s been wandering off so much lately. And I wondered how he’d been staying so merry on Avon’s rations.”

“So, do we tell Avon?”

“Avon doesn’t need to know. Besides, who says Vila should be the only one to enjoy the wine? Neither of us is due on watch for another 12 hours, and Avon is off somewhere on Scorpio, trying to track Grant back down. What do you say to a glass or two, Dayna?”

A glass or two rapidly turned into a dozen.

Suddenly there was a sound from down the corridor.

A very drunk Tarrant, dressed only in his underpants, stumbled through the door to investigate.

He was confronted by a strange floating sphere. He shot it down, and then tripped over, his head bouncing off the far wall.

A dishevelled and semi-dressed Dayna emerged. “What’s that?” she slurred.

Tarrant got unsteadily to his feet. “No idea, Dayna. Shall we get back to the wine?”

They both giggled.

In the control room, he sighed. Tarrant and Dayna would not recognise the sphere, but Avon would, once he returned. He contemplated his options. The only one available was to deploy the other sphere on a clean-up operation, and hope that one didn’t end up shot down. His plans could not be discovered. Not at this stage.

END OF PART ONE.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Edited by trevor travis on 24 March 2015 16:56:12

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,143,079 unique visits since 8th January 2014