Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
rojkerr1

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
March 2015 Fanfic Challenge
Anniew
Oh thanks Mistletoe. That means a lot.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

I think it was your comment about Servalan's reaction to kissing Avon that inspired this piece. At least I hope it was you. My memory is getting appalling and I can't remember the thread where the comment was made to check it out. Xx

I don't think that was one of my comments, although with 6830 on the card so far it's not always easy to remember! If there was a romance in the show that I would lean towards, it would be Avon/Servalan rather than Avon/Cally; even though it's the ultimate 'distance relationship' and they rarely act upon it on screen. Was it really Blake he was hoping to find on Terminal, or was he sub-consciously accepting the risk that it was a trap because his emotional nemesis might be there? Anyway, I promised not to derail the thread and here I go...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
A quick rough of my first thought. I've darkened it a bit to make the pencils more visible.

It's not fiction so I won't go any further, but if I was I'd find some reference pictures so I could do a better job mimicking Don Martin's style.

As always, click for a bigger view.
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Blechhs%207_zpsraglrzl8.jpg

Anniew
SD. What an interesting view. Kinda Jungian Synchronicity. We won't continue to derail but I do like the idea.

Anniew
joe. Laughed out loud!

Hugbot
@ Joe: My first reaction to PC's March challenge was the horrible thought that Alfred E. Neuman might materialise aboard the Liberator. Now you made it real ... and it isn't horrible at all! I had a good laugh at that one, proper MAD style!

Incidentally, the German military intelligence agency is called MAD as well (Militärischer Abschirmdienst). Somehow appropriate ... Grin

Travisina
@Joe
Pure genius! Now I've got visions of the two Travis-es as Spy -v- Spy Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Thank you everyone!

You know Travisina, I was thinking along similar lines! Occasionally the strip would be Spy vs Spy vs Spy, with both Black & White Spies losing to a sultry lady spy, the Grey Spy. I was imagining Servalan as the Grey Spy.

I once had a stab at making a B7 fold-in, many years ago. I wonder where that is.

Anniew
A bit of fluff!

On the control panel there is a small grey button, unobtrusively placed and so far the crew have not discovered it.

When, eventually, they notice that it is there , they will, inevitably, request Zen to explain its function to them.

Zen will refuse as he must, causing them some displeasure.

Each, in their separate ways, will press Zen for the information and Zen will refuse it to each in turn. This will result in more displeasure, imprecations, even threats but Zen will remain unmoved.

Thwarted, Avon will try to bypass Zen's circuitry to discover its purpose. Zen will then apply the small electric shock that will discourage him.
Zen will continue to apply electric shocks of increasing intensity each time Avon attempts this until he desists for good or dies.
Blake and Jenna meanwhile, will search through Zen's databases for information. Zen will ensure this is a fruitless quest.
Vila will then, at Blake's request, try to dismantle the button to see if it's construction offers a clue.
Zen will again apply a warning shock. In Vila's case a single shock should prove a sufficient deterrent.

When all attempts have failed, the crew will polarise between those that wish to press the button and hang the risk and those who believe that to do so is insane. Those for risk will argue that they have experimented pushing other buttons without a problem, those against, that experimenting with them did not result in a warning, near-lethal shock.

The debate will rage over several weeks, increasing in intensity. Eventually curiosity will war with fear, argument will turn to threat, threat will end in violence and violence lead to death.

When the crew have destroyed each other, Zen will dispose of the bodies by transporting them into space.

This is was the fate of the last intruders to board Deep Space Vehicle 11.

The ship will then drift unmanned through space until The System locates and collects it.

The button was designed to provide a last fail safe against intruders who manage to board Deep Space Vehicle 11 and overcome its other defences.

The button's function is to drive intruders mad.

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

Incidentally, the German military intelligence agency is called MAD as well (Militärischer Abschirmdienst). Somehow appropriate ... Grin

Was mir Sorgen machen?

BradPaula
For this months fanfic challenge I thought I'd do a song. With apologies to Mr. Coward, here goes.

(as sung to "Mad about the Boy" by Noel Coward)

Mad about that Guy

Mad about that guy.
What's all this fuss about that leather and studs guy?
I can't imagine why the fan-girls cry- it's crazy to me still-
They're mad about that guy!

On the planets' weeds-
His glaring eyes are bright with menace and intrigues.
What's this shame I feel not seeing the appeal- it cannot be for real!
Mad about that guy!

Lord knows he is a hard one-
With cold stone at his core.
I know he hides his feelings-
But they adore him all the more!

Will it be his day?
The one called Bayban or 'Babe'- his old Mum would say.
You thought me mad, nor really sane- that I meant the 'other' one?
It's all because they're mad about that guy!
Mad about that guy! Mad about that guy!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
Next up, "Only Mad Wargs and Rebellious Ones (Go Out in the Zondar Sun)", complete with references to frying eyeballs and the tropical fruits of Palmero please.

Travisina
@ Paula - LOL - that's great, very clever!

@ Joe Dredd - funnily enough, that was my next thought, too Smile

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not familiar with the song/music that goes with Paula's fic, does anyone have a link to it? Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I'm not familiar with the song/music that goes with Paula's fic, does anyone have a link to it? Happy

It's been covered dozens of times - here's Marianne Faithfull:
https://www.youtu...7SfcARX_nQ

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks, Travisina! Yes, very good Paula Grin

trevor travis
Nice twist Paula Grin Grin

When I saw the title I thought, it's going to be about Del Grant, then I started reading, I thought, no it's Avon, and then....

BradPaula
Thank you everyone. I always strive to have fun in Blake's 7 fandom and I thought why not a Noel Coward song? Anyway, thanks to Travisina for posting a version of the song. I assumed everyone knew it well- but then not everyone is as old as I am! But in order to do my ficlet for March, I used my favorite version of the song- from 1969 and the film The Magic Christian, where Yul Brynner does definitive version of Mad About the Boy! Here's a link.

https://www.youtu...2pLzd__bHU

Enjoy! Grin

BradPaula
Busted

“They crouched uncomfortably under the bench. Dayna opened her mouth to speak but Tarrant silenced her with a long finger held to her lips. Her eyes widened as she heard the noise. Ears straining, holding their breath, they listened to the sound of footsteps drawing near.”

There was a sudden movement of the door knob- a sort of quiet metal jangle as the knob turned first tentatively and then more boldly. Someone besides Tarrant and Dayna were skulking about it seemed. And if it was Avon, what would they tell him about why they were hiding under the bench in the Xenon Base shower room? Hide and seek? No- they were both together under the bench. The thought vanished from Tarrant’s mind as he heard an audible click and someone opened the door a crack.

Dayna took a deep but silent breath, poised for action, even though having no idea what to say to the interloper as to why they were in their current hiding place. The door opened wider and a shadow appeared in the doorway. Tarrant tensed, waiting for the moment of revelation. And there it was- a stranger, an absolute stranger to them.

The stranger, a tall man, cautiously looked around him. He took out a small device, a personal recording mobile it seemed, and he started to record images of the shower room, slowly making his way around the place. He found the shower pods and opened one of them with interest. He took a quick scan of the pod and then pocketed the device.

Since it wasn’t Avon and this man had obviously infiltrated the base without setting off any alarms, Tarrant’s boldness overcame him and he bounded to his feet, arms held away from his sides, ready for a fight. “Just who in the hell are you?” he shouted. The intruder jumped with fright and swung around to face the curly-haired man.

“You do exist after all!” he exclaimed, obviously excited.

That was a peculiar thing to say after just being found in the shower room of a supposedly well defended base. “What’s your name?” Tarrant asked, using his most threatening voice.

Dayna came out from under the bench just then, her eyes wide with annoyance at the stranger. “What are you doing here and above all, how did you get in? Our defenses are some of the best in Federated space.” She approached the man, and unceremoniously patted him down for weapons, finally reaching into his front pocket and retrieving the mobile recording device.

“Hey, that’s mine!” the man exclaimed. “Give it back.”

Tarrant spoke in a curt staccato voice. “You’ll get it back when you answer who you are and how you got in here, and why exactly you chose the shower room to do your spying.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t think this old thing would work.” The intruder pulled up his shirt cuff and exposed a Liberator teleport bracelet. “I sort of ‘borrowed it’ from Mat Irvine at Return to Gauda Prime Two. Believe me, I never thought in a million years it would work. But when it did, I decided to have a good look around Xenon Base before I left. The shower room seemed to be a very hot topic on the Forum of late, so that’s where I went first. You aren’t going to hurt me, are you?”

“Just how do you know about our base?” Dayna asked as she inspected his mobile device.

“Everyone on the Forum knows about Xenon Base. We’re all fans you see; hence me with the borrowed teleport bracelet.”

Dayna and Tarrant exchanged confused glances. This didn’t make one iota of sense to the pair but they persisted trying to understand.

“Let’s start at the beginning. Who are you?” Tarrant softened his tone seeing this man was no threat to either him or Dayna.

“Well, they call me Trevor, Trevor Travis on the Forum. They all know me there.”

“OK, Trevor,” Tarrant replied, “and this Forum you speak of… is it a branch of the Federation?”

Trevor gently laughed. “No, we have nothing to do with the Federation. We’re just a bunch of fans that love Blake’s 7 and we post on our site and attend plays and go on location visits...” he trailed off seeing the blank looks on the pair’s faces.

This didn’t make any sense at all to either Tarrant or Dayna. She asked, “You say you are not affiliated with the Federation.” To Tarrant she said, “He wasn’t armed. Only this mobile device which can record images it seems and this set of old fashioned keys plus a handkerchief and some assorted sweets.”

Trevor Travis seemed to fret for a moment, but spoke up to the warrior Dayna. “I promise I’m not a threat. I just wanted to take a look around, so I can tell everyone about it. I always wanted to check out the shower room here. You see, I have a bit of a crush on Soolin, and I was hoping I’d get a glimpse of her… well… taking a shower.”

Dayna eyed him suspiciously. “You wanted to get an image of Soolin taking a shower, did you? Tarrant- what do you think of that?”

Tarrant blushed as he mused over his answer. He could sympathize with the man he admitted to himself. “I can’t make any sense of this, Dayna. Perhaps we should call Avon and he can figure it out.”

“No!” Trevor backed away, frightened now. “I want nothing to do with that psychopath Avon.” He tried to explain again. “I didn’t mean to trespass. Honestly, I really thought this was a prop.” He motioned to the teleport bracelet on his left wrist. At least they hadn’t taken that from him. A thought alighted for a second in his mind. “This is the National Trust all over again…” He ignored that notion and decided to keep silent about that subject.

The pilot’s eyes narrowed. “Yes… the teleport bracelet. It’s from the Liberator- now unfortunately destroyed. How do you happen to have one?” Tarrant asked suspiciously.

“Well, you did leave quite a lot of them about, didn’t you?” Trevor mentioned, trying to get a laugh out of the pair, to lighten the atmosphere a bit. It didn’t work. He tried a different tack. “Look, at least hand over my mobile phone. It was quite expensive and I don’t have it completely paid off yet.”

Tarrant nodded to Dayna. “Give it back. It’s not a weapon.” Dayna reluctantly gave it back to Trevor.

“No one will ever believe I made it to Xenon Base- the actual Xenon Base. Do you mind if I take a photo to show my friends SD and Paula?” Before either Tarrant or Dayna had time to reply, Trevor framed the pair and said “Say cheese!” then snapped a photo.

“Just what are you playing at?” Tarrant bellowed.

“Nothing. Just a memento for posterity. Look, I really can’t stay any longer. I’d better go. It’s been great finally meeting you. Amazing really.”

“And where do you think you’re going?” Dayna rounded on him, poised to jump if Trevor tried to run.

“I have to get back to my time as we have a rewatch soon and I don’t want to miss the episode. It features Soolin’s bottom quite nicely.” Trevor blushed, as if he had said too much. Before he hit the communications button on the bracelet he paused. He wanted to pinpoint exactly where into series Derek he had landed. “One last thing,” he announced. “Have you met Og yet?” The look on their faces said it all. Neither of them knew any one or thing named Og. “Well, just watch out for…” (and he stopped abruptly because if he mentioned Justin, Dayna would react and probably not positively towards him) “…if you meet Og’s owner, watch out. He’s a creep.”

Tarrant, in a stage whisper, asked Dayna, “Is this guy all there? I have no idea what he is babbling about.” Dayna shook her head. She didn’t understand half of what he had said either.

“Well, it was very nice meeting you both. Give my regards to Soolin. Tell her she has a fan.” Trevor Travis reached for his teleport bracelet and thumbing the communications button, announced, “Teleport now, Orac.”

The members of Xenon Base looked on with exasperation as he disappeared from the shower room. It was obvious now to Trevor that the Orac he had seen on Mat Irvine’s table at the Return to Gauda Prime Two convention had truly been the genuine article- and really worked as it did on screen. He soon was back standing in the middle of his living room, only a bit disorientated by the effects of the teleport. He took the teleport bracelet off his wrist and stared at it. “This thing goes back to Mat tomorrow morning!”

Back on Xenon Base, both Tarrant and Dayna shook their heads in disbelief as it had been such a freak encounter. “Should we tell Avon?” Dayna asked with obvious hesitation in her voice.

“Of course not, we’d only look like fools. And as for explaining why we were huddling together under the bench in the shower room- well it doesn’t pay to even think about that,” Tarrant admitted guiltily. They decided to forget the entire episode and return to their respective cabins on the base. Romance could come later, much later Tarrant thought dourly.

Just then Avon burst through the door of the shower room. “What are you two doing in here?” he blustered.

“Taking a shower?” Tarrant quipped and quickly exited the door for the quiet of his room. Dayna only shrugged and replied, “You’d never believe it if we told you!” and left too. Avon took a quick look around the room then exited.

Back on Earth, in Great Britain, in Oxfordshire, Trevor Travis mused over the whole experience. He suddenly remembered his mobile and quickly retrieved it from his pocket. He had to see if the photo of Tarrant and Dayna was there. It was. He smiled contentedly. “They’ll never believe it on the Forum…” he slyly thought. “Or maybe they will…” He ran to his computer hurrying to download the fabled photo to the Forum. As he worked on transferring the photo he mused, “If only I had caught a glimpse of Soolin…” Sigh.

Ellen York
That is brilliant, Paula. I could picture the whole thing in my head, and about fell out of my chair laughing over it. I have a soft spot for stories that mix the real world with a fictional one.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,169,918 unique visits since 8th January 2014