Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Should Jarvik have been a semi-regular?
Yes absolutely, he should have been in most of the remaining episodes in Colin and appeared in Derek too Yes absolutely, he should have been in most of the remaining episodes in Colin and appeared in Derek too 8%[1 Vote]
Yes, although only in two or three additional episodes Yes, although only in two or three additional episodes 33%[4 Votes]
Maybe, Iím undecided Maybe, Iím undecided 8%[1 Vote]
No, although I wouldnít have minded him being in one more episode somewhere No, although I wouldnít have minded him being in one more episode somewhere 8%[1 Vote]
Absolutely not, because I canít stand the character Absolutely not, because I canít stand the character 33%[4 Votes]
He should have featured in his spin-off series, alongside Og and Del Grant He should have featured in his spin-off series, alongside Og and Del Grant 0%[0 Votes]
Other (please specify) Other (please specify) 8%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 12
 Print Thread
Should Jarvik have been a semi-regular?
trevor travis
A little poll to follow on from the Jarvik discussion.

Would you like to have seen more of Jarvik, pitting his wits against Avon and Tarrant (although the latter is something of a non-contest!!), while being kept on a leash by Servalan. Or do you simply consider him to be a sexist, out-of-date, caveman?
Edited by trevor travis on 23 February 2015 12:56:43

Spaceship Dispatcher
Option one for me, as there was a void left by Travis being written out that was never really filled but which was such an important part imo of Terry Nation's original format; ie that we follow both sides, with some great drama in the Federation scenes as well as the rebellion. Servalan was better with a second semi-regular 'villain' to bounce dialogue off, and it's when she was 'alone' in this regard that she drifted to being more of a panto villain. Jarvik may not have been perfect in every way, but he would have been a great foil for Servalan and allowed more SLD style drama.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I've gone for Option Two, because he would have made an interesting addition to e.g. Children Of Auron, Moloch and Terminal, but I don't really see him crossing into Derek, once Servie is disguising her identity.

Maybe Jarvik could have been killed in "Terminal", to add even more to the impact to that episode.

Travisina
I've gone for option 2 too, and I agree with TT about killing him in 'Terminal'.

I like Jarvik; I like his relationship with Servalan and his interactions with Tarrant - there was definitely scope for further development with both the Federation and Liberator sides of the story.
Ah well, there's always fan fic...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
I started rejecting this out of hand but then I thought what an interesting dynamic it would have created with Avon and Dayna. Then I thought about writing that but whereas Del Grant exists for me as a real character I cannot really see Jarvik as anything but a collection of contradicting traits and cliches. Will ponder!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

briggsy1
I'd rather have had Dr.Plaxton as a semi-regular character. Her scientific knowledge would have come in useful on a number of occasions e.g. in Headhunter.

trevor travis
briggsy1 wrote:

I'd rather have had Dr.Plaxton as a semi-regular character.

Who?
Edited by trevor travis on 23 February 2015 15:16:49

JustBrad
No. Jaravik does not take orders well. He would only be happy staying if he were in command, but he doesn't want command, so we're back to No.

Same logic I have always used for Del Grant not staying on.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Who?

LOL Pfft
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Trevor. Double Lol.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Who?

Doctor Who as a semi regular?

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

You mean he walks in at the end of Blake and says:

"there should have been another way..."
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

JustBrad
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

You mean he walks in at the end of Blake and says:

"there should have been another way..."

Or: Oh, my.... I meant to land at the end of Season Three and get everyone off Terminal.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor: Oh, my.... I meant to land at the end of Season Three and get everyone off Terminal.
Clara: Can't you just do a thing and go for them?
Doctor: It doesn't work like that.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
Or: Oh, my.... I meant to land at the end of Season Three and get everyone off Terminal.

They manage that, anyway. Pfft

Well, apart from Cally... and she's already gone to pieces Wink

Rodney
Option 2 for me as well. He would have added a further dynamic to Series 3 which I still think was better than Series 2.
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

peladon
There would have been nothing on Liberator for him to do, too much technology and not enough 'manly' physical toil to posture over.

Spaceship Dispatcher
peladon wrote:

There would have been nothing on Liberator for him to do, too much technology and not enough 'manly' physical toil to posture over.

I think it was more a question of him staying on as a replacement for Travis than joining the rebellion...

Rodney
mind you, I could more believe him changing sides than Ven Glynd, Shrinker and some of the others who did an about face
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

trevor travis
Rodney wrote:

mind you, I could more believe him changing sides than Ven Glynd, Shrinker and some of the others who did an about face

Yes, Jarvik's loyalties could easily swing, although he would have, in effective, been the Travis replacement.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.67 seconds
9,158,747 unique visits since 8th January 2014