Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Is Jenna actually dead?
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

And only the original Blake could mess things up that badly Grin


That is the largest of the holes I admitted my theory held. Grin
 
trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

And only the original Blake could mess things up that badly Grin


That is the largest of the holes I admitted my theory held. Grin


Grin Grin
 
Joe Dredd
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I think Jenna is dead. It fits with the cynical tone of the final episode.


I love it that in this episode, we not only kill off everyone we can, we deliberately bring people (person) back to kill them off, and even those we can't bring back are killed off off-screen.
 
Tyce
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Jenna is NOT dead!!!

I wont allow it!!!

Beside are you calling the girl stupid!! Of course she wouldnít hit the self destruct button without having a back up plan (as Brad said)!! She knew exactly what she was doing!!! She is alive somewhere Ė although sadly severely injured and needs to recover before she can get home to Blake!!

Blake however believes she is dead because he knows she blew up half a squadron of gunships and she hasnít returned home yet!

Itís all just a matter of timing really.......the final episode took place after the destruction of the squadron, but not long after..........

Now.......once Blake wipes off all that tomato sauce that Avon squirted down the front of Blakeís shirt and they kiss and make up.........Jenna will have recovered enough to make contact with Blake so he can rush to her side and bring her home. OK?!!!

Glad we got that clear up! Deep breaths.........
Edited by Tyce on 24 February 2015 02:17:41
 
trevor travis
Tyce wrote:
Beside are you calling the girl stupid!!


Is Jenna intelligent? Now there lies another discussion. Much of her behaviour suggests otherwise!! Grin
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Tyce wrote:
Beside are you calling the girl stupid!!


Is Jenna intelligent? Now there lies another discussion. Much of her behaviour suggests otherwise!! Grin


Only in that is was Avon who shot Blake in S4 and not her in S1. Angry
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Tyce wrote:
Beside are you calling the girl stupid!!


Is Jenna intelligent? Now there lies another discussion. Much of her behaviour suggests otherwise!! Grin


Are you familiar with my affinity for Scottish Street Signs?
 
trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
Is Jenna intelligent? Now there lies another discussion. Much of her behaviour suggests otherwise!! Grin


Are you familiar with my affinity for Scottish Street Signs?


Brad, it's just that I see it like this:


While Jenna is an alpha grade, the jury on her intelligence is out.

After all, this is the woman who is a highly skilled pilot, who finds herself behind the wheel (so to speak) of the most powerful ship in the galaxy.

Intelligent behaviour would be to dump the lunatic terrorist as soon as possible, and live the high life, making the most of the vast fortune on board the ship, and doing some smuggling to keep herself occupied (as a smuggler isnít what she is, itís who she is).

Instead she spends the next 20+ episodes going along with the crazy plans of the lunatic terrorist because she fancies him, even though he clearly never shows the slightest bit of interest in her. She could pose naked on top of the Cipher Machine and Blake would only be interested in the decryption. And eventually the actions of the lunatic terrorist manage to separate her from the ship and its wealth.

Iím not sure if Jenna is intelligent. Otherwise would she almost blindly follow Blake? She could, at least, question him a bit more often.
 
Ellen York
trevor travis wrote:

Tyce wrote:
Beside are you calling the girl stupid!!


Is Jenna intelligent? Now there lies another discussion. Much of her behaviour suggests otherwise!! Grin


TT, don't make me get in line for a turn with the street-sign Angry
 
Ellen York
trevor travis wrote:

Intelligent behaviour would be to dump the lunatic terrorist as soon as possible, and live the high life, making the most of the vast fortune on board the ship, and doing some smuggling to keep herself occupied (as a smuggler isnít what she is, itís who she is).

Instead she spends the next 20+ episodes going along with the crazy plans of the lunatic terrorist because she fancies him, even though he clearly never shows the slightest bit of interest in her. She could pose naked on top of the Cipher Machine and Blake would only be interested in the decryption. And eventually the actions of the lunatic terrorist manage to separate her from the ship and its wealth.

Iím not sure if Jenna is intelligent. Otherwise would she almost blindly follow Blake? She could, at least, question him a bit more often.


Even intelligent people do stupid things sometimes, especially when there are emotions involved. Not only does she "fancy" Blake, but she also wants to believe in the cause (maybe some dreams are worth having). The two together make a very potent combination, which contribute to her staying with Blake when the sensible course would be to leave (or dump the lunatic terrorist). What I am trying to say is that making bad decisions doesn't necessarily make someone stupid, because intelligence isn't the only thing that goes into making decisions. Unless we are talking about a computer, but even that is in question with Zen and ORAC.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Ellen York wrote:

...What I am trying to say is that making bad decisions doesn't necessarily make someone stupid, because intelligence isn't the only thing that goes into making decisions...

Completely agree with you there; bad decisions have been made on personal and political levels through all of history due to factors other than simply 'intelligence' although perhaps, with learning ability or cleverness and common sense being different uses of the word, it's also easy to talk at crossed purposes on this.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Why is the clone acting so much like the real Blake, when the clone's personality in Weapon seemed a little off the real thing? Personally,I can't see any similarity between GT's interpretation and performance in s1/2 and D4 Blake so don't see how it's like the real Blake at all. His speech, his body language, his attitudes and judgement are all different.

Really?

That scene when Blake reveals his true intentions to Deva always sends shivers down my spine, because Gareth has not forgotten how to do Blake at all, despite being away for almost three years (excluding Terminal). It's Blake, with all his old fire. And Gareth nails it perfectly, as you'd expect from such a great actor.

And the dialogue deliberately matches that of earlier episodes i.e. the fact Blake has given Deva "a choice".

Did not Gareth Thomas himself though, when interviewed on the panel at RTGP, say that he asked Chris Boucher if he could play Blake as he always wanted to have played him and was given the okay? So he made Blake rougher, grittier, less heroic and idealistic, more of the guerrilla fighter that he thought a rebel and freedom fighter should have been. This is how I see the later interpretation of the role, and so Gareth's explanation fitted for me. But it does imo also open the door to other theories such as Brad's, because there are differences between Blake at the end compared with what he was like in the second series. Gareth even delivers the lines in a slightly different vocal tone. It could be the clone, and that would tie in with a lot of what Brad points out about the episode.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
trevor travis
Ellen York wrote:
What I am trying to say is that making bad decisions doesn't necessarily make someone stupid, because intelligence isn't the only thing that goes into making decisions.


Ellen, I see your point.

Yes, I guess what I'm saying is that Jenna makes some stupid decisions, rather than is actually stupid.

We often discuss the shortcomings of Blake and Avon, maybe it's high time to discuss those of Jenna (and for me to buy a hard hat Grin ).
 
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
It could be the clone


But the clone we see lacks any fire in the belly. And Blake in "Blake" still has that. The clones we see in "Weapon" are physical clones, but quite a way off mentally. I don't believe one could pass itself off as Blake for a sustained amount of time.

The only Blake as pig-headed and flawed as we see in "Blake" is the real Blake Grin Grin
 
Lurena
No Jenna is not dead!
She used an old smuggler's trick.
I think she was is contact with Blake when she tried to pass that last blockade. How else would he know she pushed the self-destruct button?
She must have said that to make her act believable. She set off a fake blast and ran, covered by the debris and radiation cloud.
Next I think is that she ran away from Blake, who had started his cause again, which made Jenna to be "second plan" ( not getting his attention), which annoyed her.
She fled into the arms of Del Grant. There is an excellent and highly entertaining fan fic by BradPaula to prove it!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
 
http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
peladon

Did not Gareth Thomas himself though, when interviewed on the panel at RTGP, say that he asked Chris Boucher if he could play Blake as he always wanted to have played him and was given the okay? So he made Blake rougher, grittier, less heroic and idealistic, more of the guerrilla fighter that he thought a rebel and freedom fighter should have been. This is how I see the later interpretation of the role, and so Gareth's explanation fitted for me. But it does imo also open the door to other theories such as Brad's, because there are differences between Blake at the end compared with what he was like in the second series. Gareth even delivers the lines in a slightly different vocal tone. It could be the clone, and that would tie in with a lot of what Brad points out about the episode.


Agreed, Blake isn't the same man he had been for two series either. So the two major characters are different people, explains a lot.Grin
 
sweevo
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Why is the clone acting so much like the real Blake, when the clone's personality in Weapon seemed a little off the real thing? Personally,I can't see any similarity between GT's interpretation and performance in s1/2 and D4 Blake so don't see how it's like the real Blake at all. His speech, his body language, his attitudes and judgement are all different.

Really?

That scene when Blake reveals his true intentions to Deva always sends shivers down my spine, because Gareth has not forgotten how to do Blake at all, despite being away for almost three years (excluding Terminal). It's Blake, with all his old fire. And Gareth nails it perfectly, as you'd expect from such a great actor.

And the dialogue deliberately matches that of earlier episodes i.e. the fact Blake has given Deva "a choice".

Did not Gareth Thomas himself though, when interviewed on the panel at RTGP, say that he asked Chris Boucher if he could play Blake as he always wanted to have played him and was given the okay? So he made Blake rougher, grittier, less heroic and idealistic, more of the guerrilla fighter that he thought a rebel and freedom fighter should have been. This is how I see the later interpretation of the role, and so Gareth's explanation fitted for me. But it does imo also open the door to other theories such as Brad's, because there are differences between Blake at the end compared with what he was like in the second series. Gareth even delivers the lines in a slightly different vocal tone. It could be the clone, and that would tie in with a lot of what Brad points out about the episode.


That's right. I asked Gareth if he would have liked to have played that version of Blake more frequently, which earned me a more than glowing reply from him. Smile
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
sweevo wrote:

That's right. I asked Gareth if he would have liked to have played that version of Blake more frequently, which earned me a more than glowing reply from him. Smile

Ah, thanks for confirming I remembered that right sweevo! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

sweevo wrote:

That's right. I asked Gareth if he would have liked to have played that version of Blake more frequently, which earned me a more than glowing reply from him. Smile

Ah, thanks for confirming I remembered that right sweevo! Grin


Yes, thanks Sweevo. So yes, Gareth talked of playing a version of Blake, not a version of a clone Wink

Plus Gareth specifically came back so that Blake could be killed, once and for all.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Yes, thanks Sweevo. So yes, Gareth talked of playing a version of Blake, not a version of a clone Wink

Plus Gareth specifically came back so that Blake could be killed, once and for all.

Actors rarely are conscious or concerned about fan speculation that might arise after broadcast, and this is a speculation thread rather than an analysis of only the on screen canon. It's not stated that it isn't the clone, so I'm interested.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.42 seconds
9,174,663 unique visits since 8th January 2014