Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
Joe Dredd

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Is Jenna actually dead?
Yes, she was back together with Blake and he witnessed what happened to her Yes, she was back together with Blake and he witnessed what happened to her 12%[2 Votes]
She was reported dead to Blake, he checked it out and believes to be true She was reported dead to Blake, he checked it out and believes to be true 29%[5 Votes]
Blake heard rumours of her death, but he’s not really sure Blake heard rumours of her death, but he’s not really sure 6%[1 Vote]
No, Blake totally made up the story to test Tarrant No, Blake totally made up the story to test Tarrant 29%[5 Votes]
No, and she’s living happily ever after with Og on Bucol-2 No, and she’s living happily ever after with Og on Bucol-2 0%[0 Votes]
No, and she was bought in an auction on Domo for 50,000 Vems by a Horizon member No, and she was bought in an auction on Domo for 50,000 Vems by a Horizon member 6%[1 Vote]
Other (please specify) Other (please specify) 18%[3 Votes]
Total Votes : 17
 Print Thread
Is Jenna actually dead?
trevor travis
The dialogue from ‘Blake’:

TARRANT: A random program.
BLAKE: It's an old smuggler's trick.
TARRANT: Did you learn it from an old smuggler?
BLAKE: No, from a young one, actually. Her name was Jenna.
TARRANT: What happened to her?
BLAKE: She tried to run the blockade once too often. Happens to all of them eventually.
TARRANT: You made the capture?
BLAKE: Nobody made the capture. She hit the self-destruct. And when it blew, she took half a squadron of gunships with her.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Rumours of her death have been greatly exaggerated... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I've gone for: "She was reported dead to Blake, he checked it out and believes to be true".

Blake says it with too much feeling and bitterness, to be making it up. As far as he is aware, Jenna is dead*

* Note to Brad, although of course Blake could have misunderstood or been misled Wink

Travisina
Once again, I find myself agreeing with TT.

I think Blake genuinely believes Jenna to be dead, but I don't know to what extent he checked it out. Maybe there was simply enough evidence from several different sources. I don't see it as being a 'test for Tarrant' - why would Tarrant care one way or the other? He never knew Jenna.

Anyway, I certainly don't believe she's dead - and have a PGP Jenna story in progress to prove it Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
No. She and Del Grant are happily destroying the Federation, and I have the fan fic to prove it.

And if you don't believe me, ask Sally.

At a panel at Visions Con, sometime in the 90's

Sally: What? I'm not dead. (Turns to audience) Am I? I know I didn't die on screen. Who says I'm dead? Blake? (Waves a dismissive hand) What does he know about it?

On a more canonical note:

Jenna: I'm a survivor.

Survivor's do NOT hit the self destruct, at least not without a backup plan. Blake, as is his wont, appears to have heard half a story and jumped to his own conclusions.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

* Note to Brad, although of course Blake could have misunderstood or been misled Wink

You were kind enough to play Big Finish's telling of Jenna's final mission for us on a trip to Newcastle. I distinctly recall hearing one ejector seat fire right before the explosion.

On a more serious note: Yes, the Blake we meet in ep 52 believes Jenna to be dead. Put that in context of a man who is running a sham of a Bounty Hunter operation under the very nose of the local authorities, thinks they haven't caught on, is never suspicious of Arlen, ignores Klein's evidence of incoming ships, has convinced Tarrant that he has sold Avon and his crew out, sees that Klein has been shot, and still thinks all he has to do is show himself to Avon and everything will be all right, a man who freely admits he 'can't tell the difference anymore.'

BradPaula
I voted 'other' as I agree 100% with Brad that Jenna has taken up with Del Grant (and we have the fanfic to prove it!) and they are slowly destroying the Federation while keeping a very low profile, quite the opposite of how Blake fought. I have never believed Blake in the state he is in on Gauda Prime and although I don't think he is testing Tarrant by mentioning her name, I think he thinks she's dead after fighting for his cause.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Grade Four Ignorant
I think Jenna is dead. It fits with the cynical tone of the final episode.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I think Jenna is dead. It fits with the cynical tone of the final episode.

Except that Jenna was not in the final episode. Blake suffering depression over something that had not actually happened would also fit the negative atmosphere of the episode...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

peladon
Blake gets nothing else right in that episode so why should Jenna's death be the exception?

Spaceship Dispatcher
peladon wrote:

Blake gets nothing else right in that episode so why should Jenna's death be the exception?

Absolutely! And why indeed tarnish off screen events with the 'purple plotting' of the last episode?

peladon
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

peladon wrote:

Absolutely! And why indeed tarnish off screen events with the 'purple plotting' of the last episode?
Agreed. Why indeed. Grin

JustBrad
My personal theory, though I know it won't hold much truck here.

Servalan did not lie. Blake died on Jevron. The Blake we see in the final episode is therefore the Clone. Clonemaster Fen admits he is not a normal clone, having been made in a hurry. Who knows what effect this had on his mind. In time, perhaps he believed he WAS Blake, and went about doing what he thought Blake would do. He took Rashel with him, Jenna to his Blake, as it were. It was Rashel who was cornered by gunships and hit the self destruct.

Yes, this theory has a few holes, but it also plugs a few holes left in the final episode.

Blake posing as a Bounty Hunter? Is this in character?
Blake coldly killing, face to face, not leaving a bomb.
Blake with no teleport bracelet or Liberator hand gun.
Blake with no apparent ill effects from a life threatening shoulder / side wound.
Blake counting far too much on Avon's trust.
Blake not acknowledging Vila or asking what happened to Cally.
Jenna outmaneuvered by gunships? Really?
Jenna hitting the self destruct, rather than showing she is a survivor.

trevor travis
peladon wrote:

That's true. From "Pressure Point" onwards, Blake is a bit of a disaster. So many wrong decisions.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
The Blake we see in the final episode is therefore the Clone.

Which can't kill, and says "all life is linked" every 10 seconds.

I disagree with you on this occasion, Brad. It's very definitely Blake.

And only the original Blake could mess things up that badly Grin We see two different leaders of the Liberator/Scorpio crew. Both as unsuited as the other for the job. Pfft

trevor travis

Your theories work for me Brad, except for one thing...

...RASHEL IS NOT DEAD!!! Angry

How dare you kill off the gorgeous Rashel, after she survived Chris Boucher too!

Yes, that's quite a feat for a B7 guest star. Grin

If it's the clone, it presents a lot of questions. How can it kill? Where's Rashel? Where's IMIPAK? Deva doesn't seem overtly dim, so surely over a period of time, he'd recognise if 'Blake' was a clone rather than the real thing? Why is the clone acting so much like the real Blake, when the clone's personality in Weapon seemed a little off the real thing? (it had a benign personality). Isn't Orac following Blake's trail, not that of the clone?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Your theories work for me Brad, except for one thing...

...RASHEL IS NOT DEAD!!! Angry

How dare you kill off the gorgeous Rashel, after she survived Chris Boucher too!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

If it's the clone, it presents a lot of questions.

How can it kill? With a gun, the same as everyone else. It's a life-form, so it can adapt and develop to survive.

Where's Rashel? Not telling you! Grin

Where's IMIPAK? Rashel stole it. She's not a clone, and probably got used to freedom pretty quickly.

Deva doesn't seem overtly dim, so surely over a period of time, he'd recognise if 'Blake' was a clone rather than the real thing? Why would he? Deva never knew the real thing, so has nothing to compare the clone to.

Why is the clone acting so much like the real Blake, when the clone's personality in Weapon seemed a little off the real thing? Personally, I can't see any similarity between GT's interpretation and performance in s1/2 and D4 Blake so don't see how it's like the real Blake at all. His speech, his body language, his attitudes and judgement are all different.

Isn't Orac following Blake's trail, not that of the clone? As you have so often proven, Orac's true abilities are over-rated.

trevor travis
Nah, it was the clone, the Avon/Blake scene would be like this:

TARRANT: He sold us, Avon. All of us. Even you.
AVON: Is it true?
BLAKE: Avon, it's me, Blake. All life is linked.
AVON: Stand still! Have you betrayed us? Have you betrayed me?!
BLAKE: Tarrant doesn't understand! All life is linked.
AVON: Neither do I, Blake! And if you say all life is linked once more, I'll gun you down.
BLAKE I set all this up! All life is linked.
AVON Yes!

See, it can't be the clone Blake Grin Grin

trevor travis
Why is the clone acting so much like the real Blake, when the clone's personality in Weapon seemed a little off the real thing? Personally,I can't see any similarity between GT's interpretation and performance in s1/2 and D4 Blake so don't see how it's like the real Blake at all. His speech, his body language, his attitudes and judgement are all different.

Really?

That scene when Blake reveals his true intentions to Deva always sends shivers down my spine, because Gareth has not forgotten how to do Blake at all, despite being away for almost three years (excluding Terminal). It's Blake, with all his old fire. And Gareth nails it perfectly, as you'd expect from such a great actor.

And the dialogue deliberately matches that of earlier episodes i.e. the fact Blake has given Deva "a choice".

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.42 seconds
9,829,441 unique visits since 8th January 2014