Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
Ellen York

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
rojroj
Glad to hear it! I've seen Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away -- which one should I watch next?

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
sweevo
If you want a sense of adventure, then go with either Porco Rosso or Laputa: The Castle in the Sky. Something a bit slower? Kiki's Delivery Service or From Up on Poppy Hill. If you want realism and humanity, then The Wind Rises, Only Yesterday and maybe Whisper of the Heart are for you.

rojroj
Thank you!

Obsidian
sweevo wrote:

8 1/2 by Federico Fellini... Jesus, what a slog.

I just dropped in to see what people had been watching and I had to laugh at this one. My art teacher (whom, I have to say, was excellently encouraging so you don't get the wrong idea) back in the 70s made us sit through this several times. It meant more then, but I can imagine my eyes glazing over if I were to watch it now.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Presently chewing my way through 'Romulus' on the telly. As an archaeologist I have a few problems with it (couldn't stand Vikings), but am very much enjoying the Old Latin. That makes up for everything else. Too bad Vikings wasn't in Old Norse...

sweevo
7 Samurai by Akira Kurosawa... it's a slow burner but at least it's not 8 1/2.

rojroj
Rurouni Kenshin. It seems to be a samurai night :)

One Spare Part
Obsidian wrote:

Presently chewing my way through 'Romulus' on the telly. As an archaeologist I have a few problems with it (couldn't stand Vikings), but am very much enjoying the Old Latin. That makes up for everything else. Too bad Vikings wasn't in Old Norse...

Sounds interesting. It would be nice to see if I have been pronouncing correctly all those latin phrases I learnt from reading Asterix...alea jacta est etc
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Thief, a 1981 crime drama starring James Caan and directed by Michael Mann (his first major feature - he would later go on to direct classics like Manhunter and Heat) with a soundtrack by Tangerine Dream - to celebrate its 40th anniversary. Smile

JustBrad
Anne of the Thousand Days. The story of Anne Boleyn. The big names are Richard Burton and Genevieve Bujold, but also starring Vernon Dobtcheff (The Chairman in Shadow), TP McKenna (President Sarkov), Peter Jeffrey (Count Grendl in the Classic Who, The Androids of Tara), John Colicos (Baltar in the 1978 BSG), and William Squire (The Commissar in Horizon).
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

sweevo
The Keep from 1983, Michael Mann's only foray into horror/fantasy and featuring a score by Tangerine Dream.

Obsidian
One Spare Part wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Sounds interesting. It would be nice to see if I have been pronouncing correctly all those latin phrases I learnt from reading Asterix...alea jacta est etc

Survived Romulus, but wait – there's more! Every indication there'll be another season of blood and guts before we finally get to found Rome. Nothing like the legend, only the names are the same.

They did pronounce their 'vs' as 'ws'. Tick! And it's alea iacta est. I was impressed. Fascinated, more like. At least they didn't go overboard like Vikings trying to make everyone look like post-modern punks. We have 'Stardrive' to do that. Grin

BradPaula
The Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" (1964). One of my top 5 best films ever in my opinion. And yes, I was in the theater in 1964 to see its premiere thanks to my somewhat bewildered Grandma, who took us and wondered why the girls screamed throughout the entire film. It was a decade or more before I actually heard one scrap of dialogue or music when they played the film on television finally. I was and still am a huge Beatles fan- you cannot imagine if you are under 50 years old the massive change of culture the British Invasion brought. I always have to steel myself at the end when they play 'She Loves You' or else I'll cry like a baby. It still gets me. Great film. Great band. Great era.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

The Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" (1964). One of my top 5 best films ever in my opinion. And yes, I was in the theater in 1964 to see its premiere thanks to my somewhat bewildered Grandma, who took us and wondered why the girls screamed throughout the entire film. It was a decade or more before I actually heard one scrap of dialogue or music when they played the film on television finally. I was and still am a huge Beatles fan- you cannot imagine if you are under 50 years old the massive change of culture the British Invasion brought. I always have to steel myself at the end when they play 'She Loves You' or else I'll cry like a baby. It still gets me. Great film. Great band. Great era.

You said it! One of the greatest 'pop group' films ever made. Stylishly made and it is great to see their humour shining through. The harmonies are sublime. As I read about your reaction to 'She Loves You' I could hear their glorious voices. Tears in my eyes too. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeaaaahhhhh!

BradPaula
One Spare Part wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

You said it! One of the greatest 'pop group' films ever made. Stylishly made and it is great to see their humour shining through. The harmonies are sublime. As I read about your reaction to 'She Loves You' I could hear their glorious voices. Tears in my eyes too. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeaaaahhhhh!

I knew I really liked you for some reason! LOL
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
Mannequin, a 1987 romantic fantasy comedy based on the Pygmalion story, to celebrate star Kim Cattrall's 65th birthday. Smile

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

I knew I really liked you for some reason! LOL

Singing live:
https://youtu.be/...
Ok. So you planted the seed in my head...just watched Hard Day's Night. Never tire of it. It's so fresh, not at all grotty. I have to say, it's the harmonies on If I Fall that get me going. Innocent days.
Edited by One Spare Part on 03 September 2021 19:26:29

RichardMk2
I've been watching episodes of Star Trek Continues. I like its optimistic tone. A good bit of escapism.

M1795537 OC Virn
Blake's Junction 7....again. It's worth a reminder every so often. Martin Freeman is a great VIla.
You're not sulking, I hope?

RichardMk2
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Blake's Junction 7....again. It's worth a reminder every so often. Martin Freeman is a great VIla.

Yes I like that film!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.03 seconds
36,757,917 unique visits since 8th January 2014