Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
My brother, knowing of my interest in B7, sent me this link:

https://youtu.be/...

A great guest appearance. PD meets base commander from SLD.
Edited by One Spare Part on 20 February 2021 11:48:37
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Let's see- we watched Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett) in the Red Circle, co-starring Tom Chadbon as Inspector Hawkins. Then we watched Juggernaut aka Terror on the Britannic, starring Richard Harris, Anthony Hopkins, Ian Holm, and Gareth Thomas, Roy Kinnear, Julian Glover and Tom Chadbon- just because. And then we finished Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds and started watching Stingray again. Also finished up Terry Pratchett's The Watch and although nothing like Prattchett's books, it is good on its own merits.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
More Miami Vice... and I didn't realise Phil Collins guest-starred in an episode (Phil the Shill).

JustBrad
*Finally* saw Tennant and Tate in Much Ado About Nothing.

Ten out of ten.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

sweevo
Checking out some snippets of Miami Vice dubbed into Italian (I saw these episodes first as a teenager before I saw them in English)... the dubbing's OK, if slightly laughable in parts.

littlesue
I shall be watching the repeat of Dave Allen tonight on BBC2.
The first is a compilation of his sketches (a repeat, but still a joy to watch).
Followed by some of his monologues at 10pm. I wonder how many complaints the Beeb will get about those???
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

sweevo
The Legend of Beavis.

BradPaula
Sherlock Holmes and the Cardboard Box, Jeremy Brett and Tom Chadbon. And Stingray (Gerry Anderson) episodes 3 and 4. Also, Robert the Bruce (2020) with Angus MacFadyen.

One Spare Part
littlesue wrote:

I shall be watching the repeat of Dave Allen tonight on BBC2.
The first is a compilation of his sketches (a repeat, but still a joy to watch).
Followed by some of his monologues at 10pm. I wonder how many complaints the Beeb will get about those???

I was looking at the booze and fags, wondering if they would be complained about.

sweevo
Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky, one of the few Soviet filmmakers to make it worldwide.

BradPaula
The Dam Busters (1955)

Hugbot
French SF series Missions utterly brilliant. Not your run-of-the-mill 'shoot 'em up' space western but real science fiction with intriguing concepts. It was obviously written by people who understand and love the genre.

Second series ends on a massive cliff hanger. I hope there will be a third.

One Spare Part
Can anyone recall a series based around a european space agency of some kind? Possibly late 80s or in rhe 90s. Possibly a co-production between many countries - I seem to remember subtitles and english language dialogue. It was like a space soap opera in feel.

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

French SF series Missions utterly brilliant. Not your run-of-the-mill 'shoot 'em up' space western but real science fiction with intriguing concepts. It was obviously written by people who understand and love the genre.

Second series ends on a massive cliff hanger. I hope there will be a third.

Seeing this made me ask about a half remembered eurospace tv series but I think I will take a look at Missions. Sounds interesting and the continental take on SF is always intriguing.

Hugbot
One Spare Part wrote:

Can anyone recall a series based around a european space agency of some kind? Possibly late 80s or in rhe 90s. Possibly a co-production between many countries - I seem to remember subtitles and english language dialogue. It was like a space soap opera in feel.

Space Island One aka Space Station Unity?

On second thought, that wasn't subtitled. What really fits your description, though, would be Mission Eureka, which was inf act just a soap opera using spaceflight as a mere backdrop. I used to call it 'Guldenburgs in Space', the Guldenburgs being a German poor man's Dallas.
Edited by Hugbot on 14 March 2021 11:30:05

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Space Island One aka Space Station Unity?

On second thought, that wasn't subtitled. What really fits your description, though, would be Mission Eureka, which was inf act just a soap opera using spaceflight as a mere backdrop. I used to call it 'Guldenburgs in Space', the Guldenburgs being a German poor man's Dallas.

That rings a bell. I caught it in the early hours of the morning having set my alarm to watch UFO. ( We didn't have a video recorder; I hadn't seen UFO since the 70s). The half an ep I saw was in space and I thought I would set my alarm earlier and watch that and UFO. I don't think I ever saw any shots in space after that 1st glimpse. And then I got up for work! And I wonder why I can't sleep now...

sweevo
Extreme Ghostbusters, a 1990s animated series following a new generation of Ghostbusters and a direct sequel to the 1980s The Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

sweevo
OK, guys. I'm working my way through Miami Vice (still on Season 1 of 5)... I must admit that the character of James "Sonny" Crockett (played by Don Johnson) is pretty unlikable save for a few moments - I find his partner Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs (brilliantly played by Philip Michael Thomas) much more sympathetic and relatable.

Deva
i've just finished the BBC's 1983 TV adaptation of Charles Dickens' Dombey and Son. Not my usual cup of tea, I only really watched it because Paul Darrow is in it. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it. Paul was excellent as the villainous Mr Carker, ( I would imagine he loved all that Dickensian dialogue ), and Julian Glover as Dombey was superb throughout. Recommended!
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

Tarrant On TV
Recently I've been watching 'The Fringe', 'The Falcon And The Winter Soldier', 'Wandavision' and 'Superstore'.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.86 seconds
31,880,150 unique visits since 8th January 2014