Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
JustBrad
The Watch.

I have to admit, I wanted to hate this. It is not my vision of Terrry Pratchett, not my vision of Vimes, or Cheery, or Carrot, or Angua, or Ridcully, or Lady Sybil, or Vetineri, or Throat, or anyone else, and they have so far left Nobbs and Colon out...

But...

While I cannot call it Pratchett, it has merits of its own, and I am hooked.

Edit: See update below
Edited by JustBrad on 19 February 2021 21:22:40
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

BradPaula
Tea with the Dames, an hour and a half romp with Dames Judi Dench, Eileen Atkin, Joan Plowright and Maggie Smith. Lovely behind the scenes stories, gossip and laughs. Loved it.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
Z Cars box set from the 1970s. As usual I was googling the actors to see what other stuff they did and found that PC Quilley was in B7! He was in Headhunter and it was a very fleeting appearance which I had never spotted before. Will keep em peeled when we get to that rewatch.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Face to Face, a 1967 Spaghetti Western by Sergio Sollima with morally grey undertones, similar to the following year's The Great Silence by Sergio Corbucci (both movies feature a score by the late, great Ennio Morricone).

One Spare Part
Is every director of spaghetti westerns called Sergio?

sweevo
Only the Big 3 - Corbucci, Leone and Sollima. Smile

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
BradPaula wrote:

'The Gallant Hours' (1960) starring James Cagney as Admiral 'Bull' Halsey- World War II.

I always thought he was a fictional character dreamed up by Paul McCartney.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

BradPaula
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

'The Gallant Hours' (1960) starring James Cagney as Admiral 'Bull' Halsey- World War II.

Nope.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Nope.

The benefit of a British edumacation.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

JustBrad

BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Nope.

The benefit of a British edumacation.

Think of him as the American Nelson, but he was sick with Shingles during our Trafalgar (Midway). Aside from that, he led the Pacific fleet from Pearl Harbor to Tokyo Bay.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Deva
Currently rewatching Men Behaving Badly. Finished off the fourth series this afternoon.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

Travisina
Deva wrote:

Currently rewatching Men Behaving Badly. Finished off the fourth series this afternoon.

I enjoyed that series. Hubby used to call it 'Men Behaving Perfectly Normally' Grin
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

sweevo
More Pingu, more plasticine/claymation penguin adventures. I'm also checking out a Pingu game for the Game Boy (released only in Japan). Smile

BradPaula
Watched 'Man in my Head' from Out of the Unknown, with Tom Chadbon. And then 'Jeremy's Mummy' from Peep Show, also with Tom Chadbon in it.

sweevo
Groundhog Day, for obvious reasons... Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! Smile

Hugbot
Der Hausgeist ('the resident ghost'), one of the few German comedy series worth watching (to be honest, I can't think of another one off the top of my head...). It's about the late baroness Henriette von Sydeck (+ 1918) who used to haunt her old Berlin villa until the building gets demolished. Now she decides to move in with the nephew of an old friend.
The series hadnn't been available for ages but when I checked again last week (having been reminded of it by watching Randall & Hopkirk), I realised that is has been re-released hooray! It's great to watch the series again after so many years. Susanne Uhlen who plays Henriette is sensational! 30 years ago, I fell in love with her, and I fear it's happening again... (Don't tell Dayna!)

One Spare Part
what's that you're saying, Dayna?... you've got the bombs stashed ready to use on ungrateful followers?...what was that?...you have switched your allegiance to TT?! **WHAT WILL SOOLIN SAY?!**

BradPaula
Space Precinct, episode The Power with Tom Chadbon.

sweevo
More Pingu, specifically an anime continuation/spin-off entitled Pingu in the City.

JustBrad
The Watch.

Based on.... no, even to say it is Inspired by Terry Pratchett's Watch Novels is to give it too much credit. It is more of a loose and rambling adaptation of Pratchett. I took one look at the trailer and knew I would hate it....

And then, I watched it.... and I love it.

Now don't get me wrong, it is in no way a faithful rendering of Pratchett's works. I am a huge fan of Pratchett in general, and of The Watch novels in particular. Vimes, Sybil, Carrot, Angua, Nobby, Colon, et al are as real and important to me as my beloved B7, Farscape, and B5 characters.

The Vimes of the television show is not my Vimes, Carrot, not my Carrot, The Patrician, not my Patrician, etc etc etc. *

As a screen adaptation of Terry Pratchett's works, it is a complete and utter failure...

And yet...

On its own merit it is really very good, very good indeed.

I can't wait for season 2.

*Pratchett type footnote: I really do like Angua, though.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
31,879,379 unique visits since 8th January 2014