Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,266
· Newest Rebel: AvonGirl

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [33 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [24 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 195
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
The scene where the official comes out of the vat covered in alien filth and staggers down the stairs....horrific!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
One Spare Part wrote:

The scene where the official comes out of the vat covered in alien filth and staggers down the stairs....horrific!

Yes!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Lee Bagnall
Much as I prefer the serial to the film - Donlevy is simply terrible - the film is much better, certainly paced better for a modern audience. And thankfully it doesn't have the wandering around on an asteroid that's clearly made from some packing cases and black cloth costing about 2 and 6!

I'd dearly like the BBC to remake them as period pieces, preferably with Micheal Kitchen (Foyle's War) as Bernard Quatermass.
"An eyepatch? Practically a badge of honour for space commanders, but the cane?"

BradPaula
Lee Bagnall wrote:

Much as I prefer the serial to the film - Donlevy is simply terrible - the film is much better, certainly paced better for a modern audience. And thankfully it doesn't have the wandering around on an asteroid that's clearly made from some packing cases and black cloth costing about 2 and 6!

I'd dearly like the BBC to remake them as period pieces, preferably with Micheal Kitchen (Foyle's War) as Bernard Quatermass.

I will second your suggestion. Kitchen would be a great Quatermass.

BradPaula
The African Queen with the incomperable Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn. A master class of acting!

And the final installment of this series of The Mandalorian! Wow. I mean Wow.

One Spare Part
Am pondering on Kitchen being Quatermass....mmmm....I may be pondering for some time Grin

sweevo
Scruffy, a 1980 animated film (originally a 3-part TV miniseries) based on a 1978 book based on a true story. You can view it here (it's only about an hour long, as it originally aired as a Saturday morning cartoon in 3 weekly parts): https://www.youtu...zLlXZrmm18

BradPaula
Diamonds are Forever, the 007 film.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

That was on TV the other day. We visited the in-laws and they had their telly on, in the middle of watching. I was proud to be able to identify which movie it was after one quick glance at a random scene - even though I've not seen it for years. I do love the old Bond films Smile
===========================
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

That was on TV the other day. We visited the in-laws and they had their telly on, in the middle of watching. I was proud to be able to identify which movie it was after one quick glance at a random scene - even though I've not seen it for years. I do love the old Bond films Smile

We actually went to Circus Circus when we went on holiday to LV many years ago. Quite honestly, if you get the chance to go there...do it! When our plane landed it quickly exited the runway and when I looked out the window I could see all the other planes stacked up waiting to land...phew!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
Just started a rewatch of the remake of Battlestar Galactica. It is one of a few remakes that justifies its existence. Exciting, intense and a great storyline mostly well written. I look forward to seeing if I will change my mind about that last comment. I have always thought that the series lost its way after one of the most brilliant cliffhangers in any tv genre. The ensuing break, due to the ongoing writers' strike, changed things I always thought, for the worst. We shall see. I can only say that watching BSG when I did 2010-2011, helped me through a difficult time. Made me feel there was hope in life, if that is not overstating things. Only I can answer that! Similarly, watching the 1st season of B7 buoys my spirits. The power of great tv.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Just started a rewatch of the remake of Battlestar Galactica. It is one of a few remakes that justifies its existence. Exciting, intense and a great storyline mostly well written...

I loved the remake of BSG, having not seen the original TV series. I saw the movie, and didn't think much of it. But Hubby was completely the opposite, having been a fan of the original.

However, I only saw the first 2 or 3 series of new BSG, due to the falling out between Sky & Virgin TV which meant that we lost Sky One. I never managed to catch up with the last series, and don't know what happened in the end (save that fans were disappointed).

But the early series - WOW. So dark, so intense, such great characters in all shades of ambiguity, doing good things for bad reasons and vice versa. I loved the music, and used it as temp score when I was editing 'Merlin'.

Similarly, watching the 1st season of B7 buoys my spirits. The power of great tv.

It's fascinating the way these dystopian TV series have such power to raise the spirits. I return to B7 again and again, and it never fails.

On the other hand, the ultra-dystopian 'Handmaid's Tale' is so gruelling, that although it's superb TV, I don't think I could rewatch it to the same extent. Or even at all. Once was quite enough for some of those eps. Husband found me watching one evening (I was clutching a cuddly toy and may have been wincing), and asked: "Why are you doing this to yourself? This is not a happy series!"
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

One Spare Part
Remake BSG is available on the bbc iplayer in its entirety! Very good of them. It beats 90% of what the bbc makes these days.

Ellen York
I'm currently watching Babylon 5. While not as dystopian as B7 it has some satisfying shades of grey. As G'Kar put it in one episode, nobody is exactly what they seem.

Dystopian stories can be if not cheering at least comforting. I rewatched B7 for the first time as an adult at a point when "life sucks and you go on" was exactly what I needed.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Remake BSG is available on the bbc iplayer in its entirety! Very good of them. It beats 90% of what the bbc makes these days.

Ooh, excellent! I feel a binge-watch coming on...
My views are my own.

One Spare Part
Ellen York wrote:

I'm currently watching Babylon 5. While not as dystopian as B7 it has some satisfying shades of grey. As G'Kar put it in one episode, nobody is exactly what they seem.

Dystopian stories can be if not cheering at least comforting. I rewatched B7 for the first time as an adult at a point when "life sucks and you go on" was exactly what I needed.

I rewatched it to the cliffhanger at the end of series 3 and then got sidetracked. Bit typical for me I'm afraid. But you hit the nail on the head with your comment 'life sucks and you go on'. It's the going on that gets me every time. In the case of B5, the differing life trajectories of G'Kar and Londo was enthralling.

rojkerr1
got the quatermass 2 poster on my wall. Donlevys wig used to blow off, and he made a pass at Bryan forbes apparently, much to his surprise! Me watch Trek discovery season 3, lot better.

One Spare Part
Much to bryan forbes' surprise? Did he jump out on him then? From behind a rocket? Or a silo? Lol. He is not the best Quatermass as folk here have mentioned. Perhaps he was bored and was in need of a distraction...Pfft

Travisina
Battlestar Galactica (2003).
From the beginning. On BBC iPlayer.
I've not watched it since it was originally broadcast.
Frakkin' good, isn't it?
My views are my own.

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

Battlestar Galactica (2003).
From the beginning. On BBC iPlayer.
I've not watched it since it was originally broadcast.
Frakkin' good, isn't it?

It was a fascinating take on the original concept.
I thought the mini series, the first full season and the last season were absolutely brilliant.

The middle seasons, not so much.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.88 seconds
31,251,935 unique visits since 8th January 2014