Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,266
· Newest Rebel: AvonGirl

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [33 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [24 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 195
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
sweevo
Ricardo Montalbán marathon - his first American role in Fiesta, his appearance in the Star Trek episode "Space Seed", Fantasy Island, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan and The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad - to celebrate what would have been his 100th birthday today.

sweevo
The Big Lebowski, to celebrate the Dude's birthday. Smile

sweevo
Flash Gordon, celebrating its 40th anniversary. Smile

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

Flash Gordon, celebrating its 40th anniversary. Smile

One of my all time favourite films Grin
GORDON'S ALIVE!
===========================
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

BradPaula
'The Gallant Hours' (1960) starring James Cagney as Admiral 'Bull' Halsey- World War II.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country, to mark its 29th anniversary.

Lee Bagnall
Slowly working my way through Thames TV Special Branch. Halfway through season 2 (with Fulton McKay!) and then I move on to the Euston Films episodes.

Looking forward to one called Catherine the Great (directed by Douggie Camfield and featring Micheal Sheard, Jacqueline Pearce and Tony Beckley as a bisexual drag queen assassin). There's another one with Gareth Thomas and Patrick Troughton, with the former as a political activist. Typecast already...
"An eyepatch? Practically a badge of honour for space commanders, but the cane?"

One Spare Part
Series 4 of The Avengers. To remind me of how great the show was. To remind me of the greatly missed talents of Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg. What a team.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Francis Ford Coppola's recut version of The Godfather Part III, an unfairly maligned film living in the shadow of its two predecessors. This new edit is entitled The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (the originally intended title for the film), features a new opening sequence (the original opening, which in GF 3, takes place about 40-45 minutes into the film and is heavily edited), some reshuffled scenes in order to make the plot flow more naturally (and a bloodier and gorier death for one of the film's multiple antagonists), and a new ending. This new version is about 5 minutes shorter than GF 3 (theatrical version - the original VHS and DVD release of GF 3, known as the "Final Director's Cut", is 10 minutes longer and features scenes not shown in the theatrical release). Is it superior to the much-hated 1990 film? Not necessarily, but it does fix more than a few logic holes here and there. It's not better, it's not worse, it's a different version but ultimately the story remains the same (albeit more cohesive than in its previous form).

BradPaula
Quatermass and the Pit, the 1958 BBC mini-series with Andre Morrell and loving it. And Sink the Bismarck, the 1960 WWII saga. Watched also the Age of Kings, the history plays of Shakespeare from the BBC 1960 with a young Sean Connery as Harry Hotspur and an even younger Robert Hardy as Prince Hal. Too bad NetFlix does not have the last 9 hours of the series! Will have to look elsewhere!

One Spare Part
Andre Morrell is brilliant as Bernard Quatermass.

BradPaula
One Spare Part wrote:

Oh, I agree. But I also loved Andrew Keir in the fiim.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Oh, I agree. But I also loved Andrew Keir in the fiim.

I so agree. All of the actors who played BQ brought something extra to the character no matter what the overall effect was.

Deva
Finished The Legend of Robin Hood. Another B7 actor turned up in the last episode with James 'Hostage' Coyle being villainous. The Invaders is ongoing, just started disc 2 of The Believers Boxset with episode 5, Genesis. Not quite sure what will follow Robin Hood, but probably Dombey and Son. I've never seen it and really looking forward to it as it features Paul Darrow as Mr. Carker.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

Travisina
'His Dark Materials' Series 2. It's rather good.
===========================
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

JustBrad
Where Eagles Dare.

I defy any B7 fan to watch Burton and Eastwood in this and NOT think of Avon and Tarrant.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Where Eagles Dare.

I defy any B7 fan to watch Burton and Eastwood in this and NOT think of Avon and Tarrant.

I shall watch it with a fresh outlook next time. Maybe the death rate will become a little less...inconceivable? I struggle for the right word cos as much as I enjoy this daft film, the number of soldiers who get stabbed, shot, blown up etc etc is frankly amazing....AngryGrin

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Where Eagles Dare.

I shall watch it with a fresh outlook next time. Maybe the death rate will become a little less...inconceivable? I struggle for the right word cos as much as I enjoy this daft film, the number of soldiers who get stabbed, shot, blown up etc etc is frankly amazing....AngryGrin

They do tend to blow up a rather unbelievable chunk of Bavaria on their way out.

The film is full of logic holes, but my favorite is Clint Eastwood stealthily sneaking up on the radio operator to stealthily stab him so he won't sound the alarm. Said radio operator sees him and sounds the alarm. Clint Eastwood then, too late, stealthily shoots him with a gun with a silencer.... so.... Even when I saw this first run in the theater in 1968, at age 9, I asked, why didn't he just do that in the first place?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
Yes I can remember me and my brothers having several discussions like that throughout the film. But the violence is so enjoyable! Like Tom & Jerry! Wouldn't be the holiday season without a bit of "Broadsword calling Dannyboy."
And it's got a cracking theme tune.
Edited by One Spare Part on 17 December 2020 21:05:12

BradPaula
Quatermass II starring Brian Donlevy. We tracked down a few of the early Quatermass DVD's and have been enjoying them a lot. This one was fairly good except at the end when you see all the 100 foot blobby aliens jiggle around before being destroyed. Still, I liked it.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.95 seconds
31,252,350 unique visits since 8th January 2014