Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,249
· Newest Rebel: Teleport

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Lot's of Doctor Who, Jodie's era made my wife a fan so I've been showing her a lot of the classic stuff. We've almost finished the Davison era! Planet of Fire was the last one we watched. After Caves I've told her we're saving the Twin Dilemma for when there are no other episode left to watch.

She's seen random stories here and there from the other Doctors.

Been watching a lot of Pertwee Dr Who. I love Pertwee.

Charity has only seen the Three Doctors so far, but I'm definitely going to have to introduce her to more.

Did you ever finish showing her B7? I seem to remember you getting to a certain point, and then it all went quiet...

Yeah its all my fault. We need to finish D, but I'll probably start us off again from the start of the season. Maybe aim for watching Blake around Christmas time Oops

Perfect seasonal viewing! Wink

And then you can show her this: Cracking Xmas 1981

Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Gauda Cheese
HAHA! Deal!

rojkerr1
Noises off, Caine

One Spare Part
Finally, Stranger Things, thanks to my nephew sharing his netflix account with me (I shared my Amazon prime with him). Ditto, The Crown.
Also One Step Beyond, Farscape, The Expanse, V...
Square eyes!UnsureUnsure
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Deva
I've just started watching, (for the second time, first time around was 4 or 5 years ago), The Legend of Robin Hood, the BBC's 1975 TV series. Great for B7 fans obviously with Paul Darrow on splendid form as the Sheriff of Nottingham. I watched episode one this evening and very enjoyable it was too. Almost inevitably for a BBC series of this time there are a few faces familiar to B7 fans, with David Ryall, (terrific little scene between him and Paul towards the end), Robert Russell and John Abineri all appearing in the first episode. David Dixon of Hitchhiker's fame also features as Prince John.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

sweevo
Heat, a 1995 epic crime drama directed by Michael Mann and starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro as professionals on opposite sides of the law.

Deva
sweevo wrote:

Heat, a 1995 epic crime drama directed by Michael Mann and starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro as professionals on opposite sides of the law.

I remember the first time I saw Heat. I was at home late one night channel hopping and I came across it. It had already started and I had no idea how far in it was, (turned out to be about half an hour), I gave it five minutes and was hooked. The next day I looked up what it was, bought the DVD and then sat down and watched it a few days later from beginning to end. It is truly a masterful epic crime saga.

Deva
Last night I watched the first episode of The Invaders. I remember watching it on BBC2 back in the mid-eighties as a teenager and have thought about acquiring it from time to time. Tempted recently by what seemed to me a very reasonably priced 'Believers Box Set', (both series plus extras), I bought it. Last night's opener 'Beachhead' was every bit as good as I remembered from those re-runs thirty-five years ago. Roy Thinnes as (Architect) David Vincent is right up there with the greats of 'You've got to believe me!' and the combination of Cold War paranoia and sixties style is chillingly fabulous. Can't wait for that next voiceover...
Edited by Deva on 06 November 2020 22:04:28

One Spare Part
A Quinn Martin Production. How I loved them. Great quality shows as exemplified by The Invaders. Loved it when I was a kid and it still stands the test of time. The guiding light to many later shows.

rojkerr1
love the invaders, got all the novels

rojkerr1
love the invaders, got all the novels

Deva
Just finished episode two of The Legend of Robin Hood. With conspiracy, machinations and skulduggery very much afoot, of those later to find ever-lasting fame in B7, Paul Darrow of course continues as the Sheriff and John Abineri as Sir Kenneth Neston. Dayid Ryall meets a sticky end as the abbot and Stuart Fell, (I think), does his usual stunt + death routine. Tony Caunter has entered the fray as Friar Tuck and Harry Jones puts in an appearance as one of the monks of Fleet.

sweevo
To Live and Die in LA - one of my favourite, if not, my favourite unconventional crime dramas. Grey and gray morality? Check. Charismatic but sociopathic main character? Check. 1980s vibe? Check. Wang Chung soundtrack? Check. Smile

One Spare Part
Been watching some old films. Films I haven't seen for years. It's quite refreshing when you rewatch a lot of stuff.... The Bandwagon...The Truman Show...Midnight Cowboy...

sweevo
The 1996 Doctor Who TV movie starring Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor, to celebrate his 61st birthday. Smile

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Season 4 of The Crown.

Her Madge looks like a Mary Kay lady half the time in 1980s tweed two piece suits.

Diana PoW spends half her time being a manipulative con-artist and the other half being a such a push-over I'm surprised she can stand upright in a slight breeze.

Gillian Anderson is epic as the odious Mrs T. She really has the mannerisms down pat.

Philip, Margot, the Dowager Queen and Anne are all sarcastic. Andrew and Edward don't have enough character development to be one dimensional.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Season 4 of The Crown.

Her Madge looks like a Mary Kay lady half the time in 1980s tweed two piece suits.

Diana PoW spends half her time being a manipulative con-artist and the other half being a such a push-over I'm surprised she can stand upright in a slight breeze.

Gillian Anderson is epic as the odious Mrs T. She really has the mannerisms down pat.

Philip, Margot, the Dowager Queen and Anne are all sarcastic. Andrew and Edward don't have enough character development to be one dimensional.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Deva
Still, (slowly), making my way through The Legend of Robin Hood and the Invaders. I watched episode four of Robin Hood last night where Kevin Stoney, (Joban/Ardus... where they the same man?), puts in a purringly odious performance as a corrupt bishop. (Sidney Kean from Countdown briefly appears in episode three being treacherous). And Will Scarlet is dead! No!!!
The opening scene to the Invaders episode two is geniunely chilling, amazing what a rigid digit and a menacing look along with a silent terrified reaction can do.. thanks in no small part to Dominic Frontiere's music. Episode three doesn't reach those heights but still early days as (Architect) David Vincent learns more about the aliens...

sweevo
Wayne's World - a classic comedy from the 1990s (No way? Way!), along with its underrated sequel, Wayne's World 2 (Shyeah!) - both excellent movies. Smile

One Spare Part
The Thing From Another World. Fab film. Great dialogue and story. Fab supercarrot alien. Spooky score and that moment when they walk on the ice to find the shape of the ship...brilliant.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
29,512,017 unique visits since 8th January 2014