Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,236
· Newest Rebel: amp19777

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
sweevo
Laputa: The Castle in the Sky - the first official Studio Ghibli film and usually the first one most people see.

Klenotka
One Spare Part wrote:

Klenotka wrote:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D are in the final season and damn, it is so good that it is a shame the show is ending now. After the really bad season 6, I never thought I would be back enjoying it this much. And since Season 4, they are basically going a story arch which is amazing given how many gave up on the show in season 1.

Holds hands up - I was one who jacked it in during season1. Still can't bring myself to watch it. Too boring whether it was deliberately being misleading or not. I don't mind being pointed in the wrong direction and then - powee - getting a big surprise twist but I am not being bored to death before it. It may have got better and I wish it would be possible to drop into it at that point but it should have started better. I could have put up with a bit of boredom later...

I donīt know where you finished but it got interesting even during season 1. They started to do the "double story arc" per season....one in the first half, going into something a bit different in the second half, with meeting it all in the finale of the season....and basically since season 2, there are changes to the story, characters and everything in a nice story arc.....the characters and the team work is so great. At first, I couldnīt stand Daisy (Skye), thought May was terribly bad and boring, Fitz and Simmons were just copy cat nerds....and neither of those statements are true. The character development is staggering. Not to mention added new characters in later seasons who keep it fresh. It is such a shame that they at first decided to do the "episode a week" format, with just fan service for MCU movie fans (including Hill, Fury etc....) They only mentioned events of Winter soldier (because those were big changes in the MCU universe) and work with it even better than in the movies. Otherwise, they go basically solo and I think nothing better could happen to them
Donīt be Lasagne

littlesue
Sir Francis Drake, again, this morning, no sword fights, but scenes of the Golden Hind sailing all the way to Holland, back projection of the Golden Hind firing her cannons and the bridge, with the baddies on it, collapsing with a bang! And the high spot...lovely Patrick Wymark's accent getting more and more Welsh as the episode went along. I am seriously considering getting the DVD box set of this series; if you love costume drama and daring do, this is the show (all the way from 1961) to watch!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
Klenotka wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Klenotka wrote:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D are in the final season and damn, it is so good that it is a shame the show is ending now. After the really bad season 6, I never thought I would be back enjoying it this much. And since Season 4, they are basically going a story arch which is amazing given how many gave up on the show in season 1.

Holds hands up - I was one who jacked it in during season1. Still can't bring myself to watch it. Too boring whether it was deliberately being misleading or not. I don't mind being pointed in the wrong direction and then - powee - getting a big surprise twist but I am not being bored to death before it. It may have got better and I wish it would be possible to drop into it at that point but it should have started better. I could have put up with a bit of boredom later...

I donīt know where you finished but it got interesting even during season 1. They started to do the "double story arc" per season....one in the first half, going into something a bit different in the second half, with meeting it all in the finale of the season....and basically since season 2, there are changes to the story, characters and everything in a nice story arc.....the characters and the team work is so great. At first, I couldnīt stand Daisy (Skye), thought May was terribly bad and boring, Fitz and Simmons were just copy cat nerds....and neither of those statements are true. The character development is staggering. Not to mention added new characters in later seasons who keep it fresh. It is such a shame that they at first decided to do the "episode a week" format, with just fan service for MCU movie fans (including Hill, Fury etc....) They only mentioned events of Winter soldier (because those were big changes in the MCU universe) and work with it even better than in the movies. Otherwise, they go basically solo and I think nothing better could happen to them

Well, I do keep thinking about giving it another go. Then I keep thinking about one particular actor whose acting leaves a lot to be desired...but I can stand that if the stories are good. Mmm, if you say it gets better, I'll put it back on my to do list.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Klenotka
It does, oh yeah, it gets so much better.
Edited by Klenotka on 09 August 2020 16:28:21
Donīt be Lasagne

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
I got Dismal Plus to see Hamilton.

IN the mean time I have watched Frozen and Frozen II. Both movies were adequate in terms of watchability.

I am not a big lover of the mouse even though it has gobbled up the MCU and SW franchises.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

rojkerr1
Trek Shore leave, love it

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Trek Shore leave, love it

Strangely, I had the urge to watch The Devil in the Dark tonight. To all those who say Kirk is an aggressor ( cough TT cough Grin) it is he who saves the life of the guest alien and it is Spock who at one point shouts to kill it.

BradPaula
Another Hammer film. This time 'The Witches' starring Joan Fontaine. I'd probably not recommend it but we have been trying to view every film they made so, we watched this.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Another Hammer film. This time 'The Witches' starring Joan Fontaine. I'd probably not recommend it but we have been trying to view every film they made so, we watched this.

That is the thing with Hammer. They are always cheap and cheerful but odd times they forget to be cheerful! The perfect antidote is to watch Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter. Written and directed by the multi talented Brian Clemens, it is a fab Hammer romp. Just found out that BC was actually related to Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain. Blood will out, as they say in Hammer land.

rojkerr1
love devil in dark, witches is underrated, very Kneale, the poster is in the underground in quatermass pit

One Spare Part
I love Nigel Kneale. I know, Brad n Paula, that you were less than impressed with the John Mills Quatermass but I must admit to a liking for the story. Not up to the standards of Q and the Pit but still ... it has some brilliant ideas. It also delves into another love of mine which is British prehistory. Quatermass is a fantastic invention of Kneale's. For me, he is part of British folklore.

BradPaula
One Spare Part wrote:

I love Nigel Kneale. I know, Brad n Paula, that you were less than impressed with the John Mills Quatermass but I must admit to a liking for the story. Not up to the standards of Q and the Pit but still ... it has some brilliant ideas. It also delves into another love of mine which is British prehistory. Quatermass is a fantastic invention of Kneale's. For me, he is part of British folklore.

It's funny you mention Nigel Kneale, as he was the screenwriter for The Witches!

rojkerr1
i love all the quatermassses and the end of 4 makes me cry

rojkerr1
he wrote halloween 3 too, very quatermass

One Spare Part
Hill St Blues...where modern police shows started. Still as gripping and with a great ensemble cast. Fantastic.
Also, St Elsewhere...where modern medical dramas started. Still as gripping and with a great ensemble cast. Fantastic.
Is there an echo in here?

sweevo
Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro.

BradPaula
One Million Years B.C. with Raquel Welch.

rojkerr1
fur bikinis....martine beswick oooh... watching robin of sherwood, time of the wolf, my friend Jackie Marshall use to go gaga over James Coombs

M1795537 OC Virn
OK, maybe I'm years later than everyone else coming to this, but I've just discovered the DUST website. A collection of SF short films via YouTube. The ones I've seen so far have been great: thought-provoking, funny, gross -you name it. All well made with excellent effects and soundtracks. Worth dippiing into if you haven't already.
My favourite so far: Orbit Ever After: www.youtube.com/w...pFXMIxlgPo
What's yours?
You're not sulking, I hope?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
28,271,320 unique visits since 8th January 2014