Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,210
· Newest Rebel: Dave

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [25 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [27 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [20 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 177
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

Finished the extras on the Doctor Who Season 26 collection which included a rather good documentary on JN-T which wasn't just about the good points of his life.

I have gone back to my DVD rewatches and back to the letter T.

The BBC year is 1984, the action is set in 2089 and Earth has been taken over by mysterious creatures which inhabit towering, three legged machines.

The Tripods

Ooh The Tripods! Loved it! I have the feem toon on 7" vinyl !
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
vinyl, what is this?, I have it on cd, with remixes, and I have the sketch for Skilleters video cover... was it all for nothing...sticker in my car too

Child Of Auron
It is a rather good theme tune. Seven episodes in of series 1 and we're in the rather dull bit at the chateau but good to see Pamela Salem, significantly recovered from an arrow in the chest on Cygnus Alpha

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

vinyl, what is this?, I have it on cd, with remixes, and I have the sketch for Skilleters video cover... was it all for nothing...sticker in my car too

Is there anything you haven't got? Will you be able to get INTO your cottage? Wink

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

It is a rather good theme tune. Seven episodes in of series 1 and we're in the rather dull bit at the chateau but good to see Pamela Salem, significantly recovered from an arrow in the chest on Cygnus Alpha

Pity they didn't finish it. I can't recall now, does it end on a cliffhanger?

Cygnus-K
Star Trek: Picard
"Take me up the sky ways
Show me what you've seen
I want to cruise the universe
In your super space machine"

Hawkwind / Nuclear Drive

One Spare Part
Watching Curse of the Peladon featuring Stuart Fell somewhere inside the Alpha Centauri costume. Perfect viewing for a dismal day. Cheery fare!

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

Pity they didn't finish it. I can't recall now, does it end on a cliffhanger?

Yes it did finish on a cliffhanger. If memory serves me right I think they escape The City of Gold and return to the White Mountain to find the Free Men have been eliminated.

However, the memory may cheat - I will know within the month

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Watching Curse of the Peladon featuring Stuart Fell somewhere inside the Alpha Centauri costume. Perfect viewing for a dismal day. Cheery fare!

My earliest memory of this story was a repeat showing in 1982

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Oh good lord, I was there for the original showing...no painting in the attic for me!AngryOops

rojkerr1
was it all for nothing is the last line, effing Michael Grade cancelled it along with Who, there is a summary of season 3 on the dvd, Big Finish should do it!

rojkerr1
its a BIG cottage, and it is a lifetime collection

Child Of Auron
rojkerr1 wrote:

was it all for nothing is the last line, effing Michael Grade cancelled it along with Who, there is a summary of season 3 on the dvd, Big Finish should do it!

I caved and read the summary and the "was it all for nothing?" line was the cliffhanger to season 2.

I finished season 1 this evening. I did a quick imdb of the three lead actors and none of them went on to do much else. The actor who played Will is now living in Chile running a hotel apparently.

Back over to the US for the Walker family Brothers & Sisters for season 4

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Oh good lord, I was there for the original showing...no painting in the attic for me!AngryOops

I was born between Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, my earliest memory is from The Ribos Operation....

sweevo
Spartacus, in memory of the late great Kirk Douglas who passed away recently after a VERY long life of a little over a century.

One Spare Part
He WAS Spartacus. Great actor.

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I was born between Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, my earliest memory is from The Ribos Operation....

I am not sure what my earliest Who memory is, although Pertwee always seems to have been there. In the basement of my grandparents' house, there was a poster on the wall featuring a 60s band - the Troggs? The Yardbirds? - holding the rails of some Buck Palace type gate, with several Yetis behind them. I was fascinated and scared at the same time. Typical Who fan, then.

sweevo
Cannibal Holocaust, to mark its 40th anniversary. It is often considered to be the most infamous and widely banned film ever made (next to Saló: The 120 Days of Sodom by Pier Paolo Pasolini, who was murdered after its release) due to its savage content, memorable score, arguable social commentary and (here's the kicker) genuine. Animal. Cruelty.

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I am not sure what my earliest Who memory is, although Pertwee always seems to have been there. In the basement of my grandparents' house, there was a poster on the wall featuring a 60s band - the Troggs? The Yardbirds? - holding the rails of some Buck Palace type gate, with several Yetis behind them. I was fascinated and scared at the same time. Typical Who fan, then.

Yetis in the basement of your grandparents. They didn't live in Tooting Bec did they? (nod to an oft used quote from Jon Pertwee)

rojkerr1
Enemy of the world, going underground, age 4 or 5

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
26,864,566 unique visits since 8th January 2014