Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
rojkerr1
I love the Dish, the moment when they realise they've lost the signal and the guy shoots out the door and zooms in his car

Henry Eggleton
I staid up all night making an audio copy of the landing
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
Travisina
There's been a load of fuss about the trailer for the new 'Cats' movie - everybody is hating the CGI.

I loved the show and saw it twice on its first run in the West End. I LOVE the music, and don't care if it's uncool to like Andrew Lloyd-Webber. Seeing the trailer made me want to track it down, and I've found clips of the 1998 video version (from Broadway?) on YouTube, and have been enjoying it all over again.
Especially one of my faves, Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat pt1 and pt2, with the brilliant recreation of a train - and which reminds me of getting the sleeper train to Edinburgh on my first trip to Scotland.

PS As for the CGI - it's not very different from the costume / make-up of the original show - maybe that's the look they were going for?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

There's been a load of fuss about the trailer for the new 'Cats' movie - everybody is hating the CGI.

I loved the show and saw it twice on its first run in the West End. I LOVE the music, and don't care if it's uncool to like Andrew Lloyd-Webber. Seeing the trailer made me want to track it down, and I've found clips of the 1998 video version (from Broadway?) on YouTube, and have been enjoying it all over again.
Especially one of my faves, Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat pt1 and pt2, with the brilliant recreation of a train - and which reminds me of getting the sleeper train to Edinburgh on my first trip to Scotland.

PS As for the CGI - it's not very different from the costume / make-up of the original show - maybe that's the look they were going for?

Thanks for the link, Travisina. Ive never actually seen the show, despite knowing the music! And I love the sleeper train- although the first time I got it to Inverness (from London) the booking clerk refused to sell me a ticket until the guard came with me to make him, and on the return a drunk had to be flung off by two passengers while the guard (a different one) hid in a cupboard. Oh, and I nearly ended up in a siding at Euston when I thought it was Crewe and went back to sleep. But apart from that...

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Yay, Vanessa! Apollo 11 was the first time I'd ever been allowed to stay up all night, so I'm reliving it with Moon-based DVD's (and yet another rewatch of 'The Dish', which I think is one of the best Apollo 11 spinoffs/tributes - for the sooundtrack alone), doses of B7 and even a Glow-in-the-dark jigsaw my daughter gave me just for the occasion. Hope you have a good one!

I realised last week that I couldn't have seen the moon landing at school like I thought I remembered.

Firstly I didn't start school until September 1969.

Second it was in the early morning and I doubt my father would have let me stop up even if I'd wanted too.

Three there is a high possibility the schools had broken up for the summer.

So I'm guessing I watched a re-run in the morning ..
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

M1795537 OC Virn
Done the jigsaw. Had midnight pizza, watched 2 X B7 (for balance), 2 X Moon-type DVDs. Ready for more.... Nice to know I'm not alone out here.

Henry - of course you were making audio recording. Remember the 52 you did for me?
Cheers.
You're not sulking, I hope?

Henry Eggleton
I remember doing the same for many fans before VHS took off, for one woman I always ended the tape with the Mission Impossible 'this tape will self destruct in 30 seconds'
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:
...I love the sleeper train- although the first time I got it to Inverness (from London) the booking clerk refused to sell me a ticket until the guard came with me to make him, and on the return a drunk had to be flung off by two passengers while the guard (a different one) hid in a cupboard. Oh, and I nearly ended up in a siding at Euston when I thought it was Crewe and went back to sleep. But apart from that...

Wow, you do have some cool adventures!
On my first sleeper, I ended up sharing a cabin with a lady professor from Edinburgh University (only 1st class passengers got their own cabin). I was a student at the time, so we chatted, and she asked me what I was reading. Luckily I knew she meant what was I studying, and so was able to tell her 'Biology' rather than 'Lord of the Rings'. The conversation could have gone in quite a random direction otherwise!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

sweevo
Disney's animated 1992 classic Aladdin, famously featuring the late great Robin Williams (who would have been 68 today) as the voice of everyone's favourite Genie.

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:
Wow, you do have some cool adventures!
On my first sleeper, I ended up sharing a cabin with a lady professor from Edinburgh University (only 1st class passengers got their own cabin). I was a student at the time, so we chatted, and she asked me what I was reading. Luckily I knew she meant what was I studying, and so was able to tell her 'Biology' rather than 'Lord of the Rings'. The conversation could have gone in quite a random direction otherwise!

You might have got away with it if shed been a professor of English LiteratureSmile

One Spare Part
Just starting a rewatch of Endeavour. Saw the pilot film tonight: perfection from the start. And when I say perfection, I mean perfect for me. I can't fault it even if it has faults. It has me under its spell. Shaun Evans is brilliant as EM. Roger Allam will prove his equal as boss Fred Thursday. The last time I was so immediately hooked to a tv programme was in January 1978...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
would be a good Dr. Liked the Gerry anderson story, and the haunted school

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

I love the Dish, the moment when they realise they've lost the signal and the guy shoots out the door and zooms in his car

My Dad worked at Woomera in the 60s, on the FPS-16 super radar at the Minikata tracking station. His team were the first to acquire one of the Gemini capsules as NASA lost sight of it as it went around the globe. As a result he got to meet astronaut Capt. Wally Schirra when he visited in 1966 on a thank you/goodwill tour.

Dad also had a letter he highly prized from his time there, reprimanding him for driving his jeep into a missile.

rojkerr1
wow!, which end of the missile?

Joe Dredd
Just a tail fin, DT.

As I understand it, the rule was you had to stick to the road and drive around the launch apron, but of course "everyone" cut across the concrete apron. From there it became a game to drive as close to the missile as you could.

On day Dad did it and the elevation of the missile had changed slightly. The nose was higher and the tail lower. Dad cut through and the tail fin scraped across the roof of his jeep/land rover.

sweevo
I need something to soothe my rising anger - any suggestions/ideas?

JustBrad
Stan and Ollie.

I was never a Laurel and Hardy fan, but the performances by Steve Coogan and John C Reiley are uncanny.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

BradPaula
I agree. Stan and Ollie was a wonderful film. Just perfect.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
wow

Child Of Auron
Working my way through the "new" extras on the Doctor Who Season 10 blu ray. I must say they are rather lacking in comparison to the previous box sets with just The Green Death and bonus discs to watch.

I have had a very social week this week so it has still taken me a lot of time to watch them all.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.06 seconds
23,280,774 unique visits since 8th January 2014