Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 158
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
sweevo
Sometimes I wish "Terminal" had been the end of the show (as was the original plan) - Season 4 (or Season D for the pedants) feels like more of a reset than a continuation (although the last two episodes more than make up for it).

Psychostrategist
Blake's 7 and Babylon 5 have the same thing going on, they got stretched a year past their Best-By date.

Though the final season of each show has gems worth watching the overall feel of the season is that it is somehow lesser in stature than those that came before.

rojkerr1
I wouldn't be without Sand, Gold, Games, Orbit either, and Avon's last grin means much more in Blake than it ever could in Terminal.

Psychostrategist
Oh I agree it's all good from end to finish as far as I'm concerned but I'm a fan so I'm biased. Even though I love the whole show, notably these Series 4 episodes you mention, Season 4 showed a lack of focus and direction and in the case of episodes like Animals showed itself to be scraping the bottom of the barrel at times. There were stinkers from earlier seasons but the earlier seasons had this overall arc of a team not always at each others' throats that we hoped would eventually overthrow The Federation. Season 4 is more like Avon-does-piracy.

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

So Series C is finished.

Goodbye Cally, Goodbye Liberator, Goodbye Zen, Goodbye David Maloney. Zen's death still hits me hard even after umpteen watches, his is definitely the saddest death of the lot.

Zen's death is the end of innocence...Frown
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Currently watching the cult classic Killer Klowns from Outer Space for the first time. Thank God I'm not coulrophobic (although I do find clowns slightly disquieting - I think it's because I saw Tim Burton's Batman movie from the 80s at a young age).

One Spare Part
Still on our intermittent watching of Public Eye...what a brilliant programme! Really hooks you in. The last episode watched was a Xmas edition of the programme. Bizarre and comic. For anyone not familiar with it, Public Eye is about Frank Marker a private detective completely in the real world. Nothing glamorous here. In tone it is more like Callan but without the violence and politics. Ran from late 60s to mid 70s. Currently being reshown, out of sequence, on Talking Pictures...Just beginning a rewatch of Minder from the start.

One Spare Part
If anyone sees this in time = Jacqueline Pearce is in today's episode of Shadows, UK tv channel Talking Pictures.

rojkerr1
A Mug named Marker, superb show, nice boxset with book, I have the novels, one a facsimile, nice to read

Joe Dredd
Where did you get the facsimile novel from, rojkerr1?

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

A Mug named Marker, superb show, nice boxset with book, I have the novels, one a facsimile, nice to read

Who is the author? Various or a single writer?

littlesue
One Spare Part wrote:

If anyone sees this in time = Jacqueline Pearce is in today's episode of Shadows, UK tv channel Talking Pictures.

Just caught up with it (I've had a series link on my Tivo box), so that's what Supreme Commander Servie was upto before she joined the Federation. It was quite surreal watching her in this episode; it was literally Servalan in front of you...complete with the hairstyle!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

rojkerr1
Marker calls the tune, Anthony Marriot, Cross that palm when I come to it, Audley soutcott

Gunvald 30
I've watched an episode of Special Branch called smokescreen, first aired on the 24 September 1969 on ITV, and Paul Darrow guest stared as a lawyer. At the end of his scene I got up and applauded it was that good. Amazing talent.

rojkerr1
Think it was a fan produced one, through Alan Hayes company I think, will have a look

M1795537 OC Virn
Enjoying a rewatch of Hyperdrive, series one and two, with Nick Frost, Kevin Eildon and Miranda Hart (BBC 2007). Lots of references to other sci-fi worked seamlessly into a storyline where they are on a mission to market Britain and British products (and places like Peterborough) to the rest of the galaxy. Special bits for me: 'You left your post, Captain!" Reply: "I went to the toilet', 'Talky door! Talky door!", giant baked beans, and of course, the song. "Kill the humans, kill them now...... " Well worth a look if you don't know it. Also worth a rewatch if you do.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
BBC's The Six Wives of Henry VIII.

Keith Mitchell as the definitive king. Burton was good in "Anne of the Thousand Days" but Mitchell gets a whole range of talented co-stars to shine alongside.

Factlet... The masked lady who entered the chapel with a man while KoA was praying during the masque scene in A1000D was Elizabeth Taylor. ET was wearing a pearl pendant originally gifted to Mary I by Philip of Spain.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Travisina
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

BBC's The Six Wives of Henry VIII.

Keith Mitchell as the definitive king. Burton was good in "Anne of the Thousand Days" but Mitchell gets a whole range of talented co-stars to shine alongside.

Factlet... The masked lady who entered the chapel with a man while KoA was praying during the masque scene in A1000D was Elizabeth Taylor. ET was wearing a pearl pendant originally gifted to Mary I by Philip of Spain.

Gosh, I haven't seen the series since it was originally on TV! I remember loving it, and reading in parallel the Jean Plaidy novels.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Gunvald 30
With the help of a search on Google, Port of secrets a Norwegian miniseries for school television at NRK, starring Paul Darrow and filmed in Porthleven Cornwall in 1974 is well worth a look.

rojkerr1
thank you

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
22,516,486 unique visits since 8th January 2014