Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 151
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Child Of Auron
Started the sixth season of Birds of a Feather this afternoon. There are still a good few laughs per episode, I think the big downturn happens next season.

Interestingly, Brian Croucher appeared as a prison warder in the second episode.

sweevo
FINALLY getting to see Morgan's Boy for the first time (Gareth Thomas's favourite role of his own) - why the hell was this only shown once? This deserves at least a repeat, if not a video release! A YouTube channel called "Blake's 7 Archivist" has all 8 episodes.

rojkerr1
Stewart Granger and Kaz Garras safari film, not worked out the Italian translation yet

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Stewart Granger and Kaz Garras safari film, not worked out the Italian translation yet

Kaz Garras! That's a blast from the past! I haven't seen that film in yonks! Where did you dig that one up from?
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
car boot, Italian copy, says english in the lang selection! Hope so, my italian is not up to it, liked him in Strange report

rojkerr1
you're conspicuously not telling me what its called sparepart!

Child Of Auron
Started the ninth series of The Two Ronnies and like the previous series it opened with one of my favourite sketches - Crossed Lines

https://www.youtu...6jWCVO38iA

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

you're conspicuously not telling me what its called sparepart!

The Last Safari.Angry

rojkerr1
ta

Child Of Auron
Now on to the seventh series of Birds of a Feather which opened with "The Chigwell Years" which was just a 30 minute retrospective of old clips. It didn't advance anything at all. Very odd.

I know this series is the one where it does slump alarmingly, the boys are released from prison, albeit temporarily, which upsets the dynamic but also features a different actor playing Daryl

Joe Dredd
Joe Dredd wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:
I can't think of any series that is comparable to this. To say it is about a private eye misses the point somewhat. I start each episode thinking I won't be interested and by the end I am enthralled. It makes me question all my assumptions. Quietly brilliant.

'Public Eye' is a great show. Just watching Frank Marker stump around his office trying to make a cup of coffee is great telly, even when that's literally all that's happening at that point in the story.

If you have the children's book "The Tiger that Came to Tea" on the shelf, you can see Alfred Burke in two of the illustrations (as the father). From memory, the book was illustrated (and written?) by Nigel 'Quatermass' Kneale's wife. She used her husband as the model for the father, but he wasn't available all the time so family friend Alfred Burke stood in instead. Hence the dad looks different at the start of the book to the drawings of him in the restaurant (and - I think - the one with him, hat raised, at the front door).

I spotted a copy of "The Tiger that Came to Tea" in the shops yesterday, so here's a quick diversion down Alfred Burke Appreciation Alley.

The book - do buy a copy! Judith Kerr is indeed "Mrs Quatermass".
i.imgur.com/GgkXZ2a.jpg

How father is drawn earlier in the book...
i.imgur.com/zMRFjn8.jpg

...versus when Mr Burke stepped in as artist's model.
i.imgur.com/D5ijs4D.jpg

And here's the headshot (- not that kind, Soolin! - ) with some photos for comparison.
i.imgur.com/dWlZPwL.jpg

One Spare Part
That's brilliant, maybe re-marker-ble?

littlesue
One Spare Part wrote:

Kindly leave the stage! Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
littlesue wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Kindly leave the stage! Grin

https://images.app.goo.gl/9GJJxYh7u5JeDq4S9

sweevo
George A Romero's overlooked zombie movie Day of the Dead from 1985, in memory of actor Joe Pilato, who passed away this spring at the age of 70. Joe gave us one of cinema's most memorable villains in the form of Captain Rhodes.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Avengers EndGame...I laughed, I cried, I lasted without a pee break.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Avengers EndGame...I laughed, I cried, I lasted without a pee break.

Well THAT is a recommendation! Grin

BradPaula
The second half of Lawrence of Arabia tonight. So far I have not been impressed.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
The second half of Lawrence of Arabia tonight. So far I have not been impressed.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Gauda Cheese
Saw Endgame last week. I felt kinda bored by the first 2 hours so took a pee break. Really enjoyed the last third.

Also been watching the Tremors TV series which is on YouTube annnnnd.... its surprisingly lots of fun

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.76 seconds
20,925,751 unique visits since 8th January 2014