Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 152
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Joe Dredd
One Spare Part wrote:
I can't think of any series that is comparable to this. To say it is about a private eye misses the point somewhat. I start each episode thinking I won't be interested and by the end I am enthralled. It makes me question all my assumptions. Quietly brilliant.

'Public Eye' is a great show. Just watching Frank Marker stump around his office trying to make a cup of coffee is great telly, even when that's literally all that's happening at that point in the story.

If you have the children's book "The Tiger that Came to Tea" on the shelf, you can see Alfred Burke in two of the illustrations (as the father). From memory, the book was illustrated (and written?) by Nigel 'Quatermass' Kneale's wife. She used her husband as the model for the father, but he wasn't available all the time so family friend Alfred Burke stood in instead. Hence the dad looks different at the start of the book to the drawings of him in the restaurant (and - I think - the one with him, hat raised, at the front door).

One Spare Part
Joe Dredd wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:
I can't think of any series that is comparable to this. To say it is about a private eye misses the point somewhat. I start each episode thinking I won't be interested and by the end I am enthralled. It makes me question all my assumptions. Quietly brilliant.

'Public Eye' is a great show. Just watching Frank Marker stump around his office trying to make a cup of coffee is great telly, even when that's literally all that's happening at that point in the story.

If you have the children's book "The Tiger that Came to Tea" on the shelf, you can see Alfred Burke in two of the illustrations (as the father). From memory, the book was illustrated (and written?) by Nigel 'Quatermass' Kneale's wife. She used her husband as the model for the father, but he wasn't available all the time so family friend Alfred Burke stood in instead. Hence the dad looks different at the start of the book to the drawings of him in the restaurant (and - I think - the one with him, hat raised, at the front door).

I will have a closer look at that. Thanks.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
Child, love it when he he gives himself 11 out of 10!

Child Of Auron
That whole scene with the equation from start to it being washed off is classic Troughton

rojkerr1
endeavour, chess related story, Kronsteen gambit reference! love it!

BradPaula
Watched 'The Favourite'. Wasn't impressed.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

endeavour, chess related story, Kronsteen gambit reference! love it!

Endeavour is full of references to all sorts of things - Trumpton, Crossroads, Hancock's Half Hour... in fact, I'm trying to find out which two episodes have a copy of "Lady Don't Fall Backwards" (Hancock's library book in "The Missing Page") as a background prop. There are apparently two episodes which also have billboards advertising "Grimsby Pilchards". Answers on a postcard (or a slice of Battenburg if you don't have any postcards) please.

Child Of Auron
Started season 4 of Birds of a Feather. Annoyingly I broke the second disc of the season so I only have the first half to watch. That's two from this box-set - I am seeing why it was so cheap

One Spare Part
Watching a bbc4 repeat of A History of Ancient Britain with Neil Oliver. I absolutely am enthralled by prehistory! I love getting into the head of ancient man. Complete thrill for me.

BradPaula
Ben Hur. Oh, for the love of pete. Hollywood blockbuster and spectacle. I'm afraid I thought only the chariot race was any good....

rojkerr1
I do like Chuck Heston

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

I do like Chuck Heston

So do I, but Ben Hur seemed to be like so many films of that era, so portentous, to the point of bad acting. Love him in Planet of the Apes, though.

JustBrad
rojkerr1 wrote:

I do like Chuck Heston

He was brilliant in Julius Caesar, Anthony and Cleopatra (opposite Hildegard Neil - AKA Mrs Brian Blessed), and others.

Child Of Auron
Season 7 of The Two Ronnies

rojkerr1
soylent green, omega man, Two minute warning, major dundee, planet and beneath my fave tho...

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Captain Marvel...

awesome. Shame about the fan-boy b!tching behind me about 'fake fans' and Stan Lee's opus being 'diluted due to the wimminz'. Not to mention the whining because we stayed for both post-credit scenes.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Ingmar Bergman season for me. Personal favourites include Winter Light, The Virgin Spring, The Silence, Wild Strawberries and, of course, The 7th Seal.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

rojkerr1 wrote:

I do like Chuck Heston

So do I, but Ben Hur seemed to be like so many films of that era, so portentous, to the point of bad acting. Love him in Planet of the Apes, though.

I know what you mean Polly about the acting but for me they hang in there. Actually there is a style of "bad"/call it what you will acting that I absolutely love because you can see they are taking it seriously. Does that make sense? Possibly not...see The Thing From Another World for the greatest example of this.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

soylent green, omega man, Two minute warning, major dundee, planet and beneath my fave tho...

Not forgetting his turn as the pre Indiana Jones!

rojkerr1
Naked Jungle?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
21,033,710 unique visits since 8th January 2014