Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
littlesue
rojkerr1 wrote:

as you know, I adore the Champions! The Interrogation is superb. Watch out for the headscarf in the Search...

Now I'll have to go and watch that one.....
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

rojkerr1
Hi Sue -Alexandra gave it to me! and an Italian film mogul gave it to her. I do lurve props and costumes...especially when I can find them in the episodes. meant so much to me, especially since it came from her, and my fave ITC show

rojkerr1
I'm watching UFO, got the bluray for Xmas, looks wonderful, new documentaries. Must watch Doppelganger again too

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

Hi Sue -Alexandra gave it to me! and an Italian film mogul gave it to her. I do lurve props and costumes...especially when I can find them in the episodes. meant so much to me, especially since it came from her, and my fave ITC show

Alexandra was at school with my Mum!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

I'm watching UFO, got the bluray for Xmas, looks wonderful, new documentaries. Must watch Doppelganger again too

I love UFO. Met Ed Bishop a few times at various conventions - such a nice chap.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Will you stop it! You've got me watching The Champions, don't start me on UFO too! Beautiful dreamer wake unto me...No! You can't make me!...starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee...I swear Michael Billington sang that in an episode of The Professionals too. It's like his theme tune.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Child Of Auron
Watching the first season proper of Battlestar Galactica and still loving it. I know things went a bit awry towards the end but personally I do feel this was one of the best sci-fi shows of the 21st century.

PS - I did get season 8 of The Vampire Diaries for Christmas Smile

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

Watching the first season proper of Battlestar Galactica and still loving it. I know things went a bit awry towards the end but personally I do feel this was one of the best sci-fi shows of the 21st century.

PS - I did get season 8 of The Vampire Diaries for Christmas Smile

CofA - you are right about BSG being one of this century's best. You are compelled to watch it because it is so thrilling and the storyline running through is like a marathon you must complete: half way through the last series we unfortunately hit "the wall" but we must discuss the ending when you get there.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

CofA - you are right about BSG being one of this century's best. You are compelled to watch it because it is so thrilling and the storyline running through is like a marathon you must complete: half way through the last series we unfortunately hit "the wall" but we must discuss the ending when you get there.

I loved BSG - it was terrific drama, with complex, believable characters. Good guys did bad things for what they perceive to be good reasons, and vice versa. But I didn't get to see the last series, 'cos that was when Virgin & Sky had their big falling out and we lost all our Sky channels. Perhaps that was for the best?

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

I loved BSG - it was terrific drama, with complex, believable characters. Good guys did bad things for what they perceive to be good reasons, and vice versa. But I didn't get to see the last series, 'cos that was when Virgin & Sky had their big falling out and we lost all our Sky channels. Perhaps that was for the best?

Go for it. The writers' strike stopped it half way through the last series. It ended then on one of THE most amazing cliffhangers I have ever seen! When it came back...it didn't reach that giddy height...BUT I have only seen it once and a 2nd viewing might temper my disappointment and give me a new view of it.

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

rojkerr1 wrote:

Alexandra was at school with my Mum!

My only Champions claim to fame - Stuart Damon cut the ribbon on the new Tesco that opened IN town. Back in the day when supermarkets were all on or near the high st. Early '70s, possibly 1973-ish? Maybe slightly earlier. He must have wondered what kind of backwater he'd wandered into. Lol
Edited by One Spare Part on 28 December 2018 12:48:44

sweevo
Scarface (complete with Cluster F-Bombs) and maybe I'll throw in To Live and Die in LA as well (complete with Wang Chung soundtrack).
Edited by sweevo on 28 December 2018 15:39:09

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Go for it. The writers' strike stopped it half way through the last series. It ended then on one of THE most amazing cliffhangers I have ever seen! When it came back...it didn't reach that giddy height...BUT I have only seen it once and a 2nd viewing might temper my disappointment and give me a new view of it.

I am hoping the same when I get to the last series. I have seen season 1 three times now but the others only once before, so I am really looking forward to starting those soon

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Mary Poppins Returns..saw Boxing day.

Music good. LMM awesome(duh!) Story-line a bit erratic. the romance a tad forced.

Some awesome cameos...No Stan Lee but Dick van Dyke, Angela Lansbury and Michele Dotrice

a solid 9/10.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

Don't understand how you could come to that conclusion.

re George bailey..

He was very passive. Things happened to him and then he reacted. More-so as an adult.

for example..he never appeared to explain to Harry that he also wished to attend college. SO when Harry returns married and with a job, George has to pretend he's happy when he really isn't.

When he finally marries Mary, SHE offers their savings to save the BBBL . But we then discover she's bought a house without George knowing about it. Mary slaves to make the house a home while bringing up their 4 children. George at best is a stereotypical 1930's father.

George has a flirty relationship with Violet, to the extent he gives her his families money almost in front of the bank examiner.

When Uncle Billy loses the money, George reacts with violence . He leaves and tries to placate Potter. He rebukes Zu-Zu's teacher and ends up in a fight with her husband.

When we do the whole "World with out George"..

Mary again saves his ass by getting their debtors and her rich ex-suitor to loan him enough money to cover the missing cash .
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

BradPaula
Watched the Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" tonight. 1964- I remember my Grandma taking me to the film and the older girls screamed throughout the entire film. I didn't hear the actual dialogue for years after! Loved it! I was an original Beatles fan at age 8.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Wow guys thanks for the Champions anecdotes, I know Stuart Damon appeared on the Wheeltappers and Shunters social club with the the repellent Bernard Manning.
Sorry Sparepart. will try not to to put temptation yr way... was that episode of the Professionals, The Rack? Just got a nice remastered dvd of series one, will have a look. Must watch Discovered in a Graveyard Again, my fave pros episode of all time ...now you're doing it to me!

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Don't understand how you could come to that conclusion.

re George bailey..

He was very passive. Things happened to him and then he reacted. More-so as an adult.

for example..he never appeared to explain to Harry that he also wished to attend college. SO when Harry returns married and with a job, George has to pretend he's happy when he really isn't.

When he finally marries Mary, SHE offers their savings to save the BBBL . But we then discover she's bought a house without George knowing about it. Mary slaves to make the house a home while bringing up their 4 children. George at best is a stereotypical 1930's father.

George has a flirty relationship with Violet, to the extent he gives her his families money almost in front of the bank examiner.

When Uncle Billy loses the money, George reacts with violence . He leaves and tries to placate Potter. He rebukes Zu-Zu's teacher and ends up in a fight with her husband.

When we do the whole "World with out George"..

Mary again saves his ass by getting their debtors and her rich ex-suitor to loan him enough money to cover the missing cash .

I don't see him as passive more as a man of great generosity and sympathy who puts the needs of other people before his own, swallowing his own disappointment but obviously holding onto it deep inside. Phew that was a long sentence. He's a hero! But part of that is other people - his family included - look to George for answers, expect HIM to come to the rescue...ever since he saved his brother's life.
When he reacts at least he is doing something positive. Everyone puts burden after burden on his shoulders until he reaches the point when it is too much, when he can no longer find the answer to the problem. He is only human after all. And when the brown stuff hits the fan and George finally reaches saturation point..THAT is when everyone realises how much they owe him and come together to save George.
Not a jerk...I think it was that word...never a jerk. An everyman work a day hero.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Wow guys thanks for the Champions anecdotes, I know Stuart Damon appeared on the Wheeltappers and Shunters social club with the the repellent Bernard Manning.
Sorry Sparepart. will try not to to put temptation yr way... was that episode of the Professionals, The Rack? Just got a nice remastered dvd of series one, will have a look. Must watch Discovered in a Graveyard Again, my fave pros episode of all time ...now you're doing it to me!

What on earth was SD doing W&SSC?
Was he the com-mit-teee?
Twas the Rack. Listen to him humming. I got my younger brother S1 on bluray...fanbloomingtastic!

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Watched the Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" tonight. 1964- I remember my Grandma taking me to the film and the older girls screamed throughout the entire film. I didn't hear the actual dialogue for years after! Loved it! I was an original Beatles fan at age 8.

Love that film. Love the Beatles. Went on a Beatles tour, Liverpool in 2017...I found myself unexpectedly moved to see how ordinary their beginnings were. Especially Ringo's...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.03 seconds
23,333,735 unique visits since 8th January 2014