Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,136
· Newest Rebel: pysop45

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [36 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 156
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
sweevo
Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country - the last movie to feature the original crew (Generations sucked in my humble opinion) and arguably the most crucial movie in the ST canon, where peace between the Federation and the Klingons is established (a metaphor for the fall of the Berlin Wall and the then-imminent end of the Cold War).

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country - the last movie to feature the original crew (Generations sucked in my humble opinion) and arguably the most crucial movie in the ST canon, where peace between the Federation and the Klingons is established (a metaphor for the fall of the Berlin Wall and the then-imminent end of the Cold War).

I think that's one of the best of the STOS movies.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

sweevo wrote:

I think that's one of the best of the STOS movies.

Fulfilling the 'odd numbered film -bad', even numbered film -good' view of Star Trek films.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
I think Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock is the exception to the "odd numbered movie sucks" rule (and for the record, despite its flaws, I like Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

I think Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock is the exception to the "odd numbered movie sucks" rule (and for the record, despite its flaws, I like Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier).

It has been on my list to rewatch the Trek films for this reason: I DO like the even films but I think I need to re assess the odds. And the odd even (Nemesis) too.

rojkerr1
Wrath of Khan is the best Trek movie I think....He tasks me and i SHALL HAVE HIM...!

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Avengers4 :Endgame trailer.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

I am psyching myself up to look at that. I got ridiculously upset at the crumblefest at the end of the last film and the thought that they may do something horrible to the Cap instead of letting him retire is filling me with dread. I'm very sensitive you know...Wink

rojroj
One Spare Part wrote:

I am psyching myself up to look at that. I got ridiculously upset at the crumblefest at the end of the last film and the thought that they may do something horrible to the Cap instead of letting him retire is filling me with dread. I'm very sensitive you know...Wink

I'm sure they'll find a way to resurrect everyone in Endgame: after all, one of the stones manipulates time, so we're likely to see someone travelling back in time and changing the course of events. Perhaps just one of the characters will remain dead to give some weight to the story.

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
Child Of Auron
My Doctor Who Season 19 blu-ray boxset arrived today. So far I have only watched the extras on the Castrovalva disc. I do find the banter between the actors who played the TARDIS crew in that year so funny.

The Behind The Sofa segments with Mark Strickson (Turlough) and Sophie Aldred (Ace) a little tedious. They clearly have a love of the show but didn't seem to be getting into the spirit of the thing - or maybe it was just the editing of the piece.

One Spare Part
rojroj wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I'm sure they'll find a way to resurrect everyone in Endgame: after all, one of the stones manipulates time, so we're likely to see someone travelling back in time and changing the course of events. Perhaps just one of the characters will remain dead to give some weight to the story.

Well dr strange did go through all those different timelines...this one may be working to an undessicated ending! But who would they keep dead? I was shouting (in my head only...) "Noooo!" to every crumble !

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

My Doctor Who Season 19 blu-ray boxset arrived today. So far I have only watched the extras on the Castrovalva disc. I do find the banter between the actors who played the TARDIS crew in that year so funny.

The Behind The Sofa segments with Mark Strickson (Turlough) and Sophie Aldred (Ace) a little tedious. They clearly have a love of the show but didn't seem to be getting into the spirit of the thing - or maybe it was just the editing of the piece.

I have been deliberating over whether to buy this. I have great memories of watching Peter Davison as Dr Who. Earthshock is one of my all time fave Who stories featuring my fave Who enemy: the Cybermen.

rojkerr1
love Earthshock, I know that object...! one of the life forms has two hearts...! for some people small beautiful events is what life is all about...wonderful. and that cyberman fused with the door...!

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

rojroj wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Well dr strange did go through all those different timelines...this one may be working to an undessicated ending! But who would they keep dead? I was shouting (in my head only...) "Noooo!" to every crumble !

Loki, Heimdall, Gamora are obvious choices to not come back..

except

GotG has a third movie

Loki is getting a tv series along with Scarlet Witch.

There's been stills dropped of the Avengers and Loki in the Battle of New York costumes so possibly Tony's BARF is involved.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Child Of Auron
Finally finished the extras on the Doctor Who Season 19 box set. It was ok but I did feel a little let down.

The new "Making of" documentaries were overall good, I did enjoy the "Behind The Sofa" segments, however, a lot of the other new stuff was just pointless eg. 10 minutes of studio clocks from each episode.

I still welcome these sets and will be looking forward to Season 18 (my personal all time favourite).

Anyway - tomorrow I will be continuing with the sixth season of The Vampire Diaries

sweevo
Just finished rewatching Mortal Kombat: Conquest, a live-action TV series from the late 90s which acted as a prequel to the games (and, by extension, the movie). Cancelled after only a single season of 20+ episodes, the final episode is balls-to-the-wall BOLD.

One Spare Part
Is it too early to have a new year's resolution? Well, I am having one anyway: to watch all those dvd box sets I bought this year and didn't get around to actually viewing. Supergirl series 2; Continuum 4; The Blacklist 3 AND the spin off to name but a few. Then there are the rewatches I am planning. Square eyes or what?

One Spare Part
Perhaps my resolution should be to stop buying dvds...Smile

Child Of Auron
Started watching the first part of the Battlestar Galactica (21C reboot) this evening, unfortunately got interrupted by a visitor so will need to continue tomorrow.

I do love the mini-series episodes, they are so tense and tell a good story, really engaging the viewer from the beginning. However, I do remember the first time round I found it hard to reconcile the new characters with those with the same name from the 70s series from my childhood.

sweevo
One first name, one last name: Jason King.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.67 seconds
21,903,847 unique visits since 8th January 2014