Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 21

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

The RSC production of Cleopatra

Funny, but she reminds me of someone.... Grin

Isn't she AMAZING?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

Finished the second season of The Avengers. It was a lot better than I remembered it but it did become a struggle towards the end. A little too dry and occasionally slow moving to watch too much of. A product of its time.

However, I have re-evaluated Venus Smith.

What a lovely character and a nice juxtaposition to Cathy Gale. Venus' innocence and relationship with Steed became a delight but don't get me wrong, I always looked forward to the next episode with Mrs Gale.

I completely agree with you about Venus Smith: she had some really good episodes but for whatever reason her character didn't capture interest in the same way that Cathy Gale did.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

The RSC production of Cleopatra

Funny, but she reminds me of someone.... Grin

Isn't she AMAZING?

A master class in close in stage acting. Every line gets it's own movement or facial expression.

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

I completely agree with you about Venus Smith: she had some really good episodes but for whatever reason her character didn't capture interest in the same way that Cathy Gale did.

Could it have been Cathy in leather and beating the crap out of the bad guys - male and female? Grin

Venus was much more the "traditional" damsel in distress character though in terms of character development she was certainly less naive by the end of her last story.

Much as I will miss the opportunity they could have taken with Venus I felt the show was more stable with the Steed and one full time partner scenario.

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Could it have been Cathy in leather and beating the crap out of the bad guys - male and female? Grin

Venus was much more the "traditional" damsel in distress character though in terms of character development she was certainly less naive by the end of her last story.

Much as I will miss the opportunity they could have taken with Venus I felt the show was more stable with the Steed and one full time partner scenario.

I've been thinking...yes that was the horrible grating metal sound you may have heard...I agree with you about Cathy being so forceful it made her a success because that balanced with Steed better than the other "companions" . Steed IS an action man but a gentlemanly fighter. So both characters have opposing traits within themselves whilst the other companions were straightforward man/woman types. The duality in both characters brings a better dynamic and really mixes it up in terms of drama and the chemistry between the 2 leads. And after Mrs Gale, ALL the female leads can stand on their own two feet. A winning formula.

Child Of Auron
A very good analysis OSP. Looking at it from the Steed perspective and his way of action wasn't something I had considered.

I haven't seen the Tara episodes in a VERY long time and I am several seasons off her time but I remember her being rather wimpy in comparison to Cathy and Emma.

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

A very good analysis OSP. Looking at it from the Steed perspective and his way of action wasn't something I had considered.

I haven't seen the Tara episodes in a VERY long time and I am several seasons off her time but I remember her being rather wimpy in comparison to Cathy and Emma.

I have to say I tend not to watch the Tara King series. Wimp or not the thing that gets me is that they took the quirkiness of the Emma Peel episodes and made it just plain weird. They lost credibility in the last series sadly.

Psychostrategist
Altered Carbon, it's a Netflix series apparently. First season's episodes are all available through various means. Very entertaining. Quite hard to find decent scifi. It has a bit of a Bladerunner feel, smashed out with a bit of Equilibrium, specifically some of combat sequences, similar dystopian feel.

rojkerr1
New Bodyguard series, very good

Child Of Auron
Caught up with the first episode of the new series of Great British Bake Off

I am not into shows like this normally but GBBO has an appeal which I cannot resist

Child Of Auron
Finished the second season of The Vampire Diaries which held up well especially with the death of one of the original cast towards the end. Though the dreaded Klaus has turned up. I felt the story of "The Originals" went on too long in the series as a whole, they even got their own spin-off. Joseph Morgan doesn't portray the Klaus character with any menace, his acting actually makes it more laughable.

Good to see Bonnie grow in her witchiness and Damon become more "human". I can recall why these two were my favourite characters.

Anyway, now on to the third season of The Avengers. More Kinky Boots with Steed and Cathy Smile

sweevo
Watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the very first time in my entire freaking life (I'm 30 in 3 1/2 weeks)... standout songs include "Time Warp", "Sweet Transvestite" and "Science Fiction Double Theatre".

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
sweevo wrote:

Watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the very first time in my entire freaking life (I'm 30 in 3 1/2 weeks)... standout songs include "Time Warp", "Sweet Transvestite" and "Science Fiction Double Theatre".

Which version? The original or the remake.

I haven't yet watched the re-make...it's only been on my PVR for two years or so.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Original.

rojkerr1
watching Sand tonight

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

watching Sand tonight

Yep.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

Two eps in, and all I can say is it is not what I expected (in a good way). I have virtually no idea what is going on and I don't care. It is captivating, and Mark Warren is a master of theatrical arts.

markab2
In tribute to Jacks and despite how much I hate horror films, I watched the hammer horror movie "Reptile". It really is bad and I don't blame Jacks not wanting to wear a rubber mask in her future roles! It was hideous in the wrong way.

rojkerr1
I love the Reptile, great atmospheric horror, watching that and Plague of the Zombies tonight (well they were made on the same sets!) Classic hammer horror!

Ellen York
I've been watching Death in Paradise. I just saw the episode with Josette Simon as a guest actor.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.06 seconds
16,125,532 unique visits since 8th January 2014