Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 19

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Child Of Auron
I started on the few remaining episodes of the The Avengers season 1.

It is a very different beast to what it became in the Diana Rigg era but what I have seen so far I have enjoyed.

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

It is a very different beast to what it became in the Diana Rigg era but what I have seen so far I have enjoyed.

I watched the pre rigg era episodes a while back. A bit rough and ready at 1 st but they were recorded live after all! But they do get better as you go on watching. Honor Blackman made a huge difference. She was the 1st co star who matched Patrick McNee in the charisma stakes. The chemistry between them was there from the start. I would have loved to see her and Diana Rigg with McNee...very interesting thought.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
Have you read Too Many Targets? Multiple Avengers cast, only miss Purdey! I've been watching Space Vampire, Buck Rogers

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Have you read Too Many Targets? Multiple Avengers cast, only miss Purdey! I've been watching Space Vampire, Buck Rogers

Not read that but...you have set me off checking out the new fiction of Space:1999! Starting with Shepherd Moon. The 1st story had me on the edge of my seat.

rojkerr1
nice to hear one spare part, enjoy! The Forsaken v good, Morrows swansong! like the character

BradPaula
Henry V- the DVD of the RSC version with the same cast we saw live in Stratford a few years ago. Brilliant.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Buffy tVS marathon.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Forbidden Planet - a 1956 sci-fi classic starring the late great Leslie Nielsen (his first starring role) long before he turned to comedy, showing he could do straight, dramatic roles with a twinge of humour (although I have my doubts about those who grew up watching the Naked Gun movies taking Mr Nielsen seriously in this).

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Buffy tVS marathon.

I have restarted watching Buffy for the nth time. Coming up to series 3.

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Forbidden Planet - a 1956 sci-fi classic starring the late great Leslie Nielsen (his first starring role) long before he turned to comedy, showing he could do straight, dramatic roles with a twinge of humour (although I have my doubts about those who grew up watching the Naked Gun movies taking Mr Nielsen seriously in this).

One of my fave 50s sf films. Full of ideas and great effects and Robbie the robot!

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

sweevo wrote:

One of my fave 50s sf films. Full of ideas and great effects and Robbie the robot!

Have you seen the musical 'Return to the Forbidden Planet'? Based on the film, which was based on Shakespeare's 'The Tempest', it used FP's story, setting and characters, Shakespeare's dialogue and rock & roll music. One of the best shows I've ever seen!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
sweevo wrote:

Forbidden Planet - a 1956 sci-fi classic starring the late great Leslie Nielsen.

Classic movie ten years or more ahead of its time. Commander Adams was clearly the inspiration for Captain Kirk, Robby the Robot would influence sci fi for decades, and the idea of an extinct, highly advanced alien race leaving behind technology we cannot understand pops up frequently in Babylon 5 and Farscape.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

sweevo wrote:

Forbidden Planet - a 1956 sci-fi classic starring the late great Leslie Nielsen.

Classic movie ten years or more ahead of its time. Commander Adams was clearly the inspiration for Captain Kirk, Robby the Robot would influence sci fi for decades, and the idea of an extinct, highly advanced alien race leaving behind technology we cannot understand pops up frequently in Babylon 5 and Farscape.

The ideas and stories of these extinct aliens is fascinating intelligent and brings to the screen ( so to speak) the unseen menace. Much much more frightening than a man in a rubber alien suit and when used well makes for scary viewing. My eyes would get as big as saucers watching those scenes as a child. No visual alien but eerie sounds and the doors destroyed by malevolent violence....brilliant.

rojkerr1
Forbidden Planet, superb, one of my very fave scifi, along with Hammer Quatermass and the Pit, the original Planet of the apes, the original Time Machine etc.
great quotes -Monsters from the ID! My evil self is at that door!
I nicked a phrase for use in a short story - Krell-ian archway...

BradPaula
Having just watched the Strafford-upon-Avon version of Henry V, we are excited to watch Ken Branagh's Henry V tonight. Featuring Brian Blessed. Probably my favorite ever film.

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

I watched the pre rigg era episodes a while back. A bit rough and ready at 1 st but they were recorded live after all! But they do get better as you go on watching. Honor Blackman made a huge difference. She was the 1st co star who matched Patrick McNee in the charisma stakes. The chemistry between them was there from the start. I would have loved to see her and Diana Rigg with McNee...very interesting thought.

I found The Avengers started to really get going in its third season. Some enjoyable episodes in the second but with three supporting cast to McNee it felt at times too disjointed and was still a little dry.

I finished the recently found Tunnel Of Fear episode and enjoyed it too. These earlier episodes have impressed me more than they did on initial viewing 10 years ago. I will see if I need a re-appraisal of the second season when I get to it.

Meanwhile, I have fast-forwarded to 2009, across the Atlantic and arrived in Mystic Falls!

Yes, I have started watching The Vampire Diaries....

Joe Dredd
BradPaula wrote:

Having just watched the Strafford-upon-Avon version of Henry V, we are excited to watch Ken Branagh's Henry V tonight. Featuring Brian Blessed. Probably my favorite ever film.

I haven't seen this one in a while. Does BB get to say TENNIS BALLS!?

Klenotka
Castle, I got to season 4 already. I love it Smile
Don´t be Lasagne

BradPaula
Just binge watched the first series of Vicious. Series #2 next.

Lorna
NUMB3RS. I love Larry the Astrophysicist!!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
16,135,960 unique visits since 8th January 2014