Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,130
· Newest Rebel: Carlm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 154
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Victorian Slum House.

I was expecting Ruth Goodman et al but this is still good.

I wasn't expecting them to show just how hard it could be when you had the choice of rent or food. If you can't get a job that day/week, then you're short of money which leads to all kind of repercussions over the the week.

I doubt they would have left the volunteers to starve totally but keeping them on the sort of rations available for the time was interesting.

One family did a flit. Another were sacked following a tailor's strike and left. A third left as they had made enough money to move onto a better area with more changes of earning enough money to keep them.

I still have the last episode to go the 1900's.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

I haven't seen it and at this point, I'm kind of hesitant - Ghostbusters 1 and 2 were childhood classics, and I fear that this may put me off wanting to rewatch a beloved childhood franchise for life (I've already been put off from rewatching the Back to the Future trilogy except on the designated dates), the last one I can actually enjoy without it conjuring unpleasant memories from my youth (long story).

Honestly the good bits of the remake are not plentiful enough to make up for the rest of it. Stick with the classic originals. We could always watch a NEW AND FRESH IDEAS film with a similar cast being funny!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
We are going to watch Cleopatra tonight- the huge over-budget film which nearly bankrupted 20th Century Fox.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
watch out for Liz Taylors trachy scar, it comes and goes!

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

We are going to watch Cleopatra tonight- the huge over-budget film which nearly bankrupted 20th Century Fox.

Hope you enjoyed it. I really like it despite Burton being a bit over the top...well even that adds to the entertainment to be honest.

sweevo
"Kiki's Delivery Service" - my favourite Studio Ghibli film from the 1980s and arguably even better (in my humble opinion) than "My Neighbour Totoro".

rojkerr1
thats my daughters fave

Klenotka
I am finally getting to "Castle". I saw some episode here and there but never the whole thing. I promised myself that i wouldn īt watch anything with more than 12 episodes per season but I guess this is an exception because....Nathan Fillion Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

Hugbot
BradPaula wrote:

Who wants to see a movie with Liz Taylor as Cleopatra when there is a play with Josette Simon as Cleopatra???

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Who wants to see a movie with Liz Taylor as Cleopatra when there is a play with Josette Simon as Cleopatra???

Two words: Richard Burton (The Paul Darrow of the 60's Smile ).

Child Of Auron
Finished the fourth season of Wentworth, even though I knew how this season ended the build up in the final episode was still really tense. Looking forward to watching season 5 for the first time.

However, it is back to Arg for the final series of The Adventure Game.

Gronda, gronda Randgo

sweevo
Highlander 5: The Source - the franchise's last attempt at salvation and the one and only direct-to-video installment in the series, in addition to being Duncan MacLeod (the protagonist from the TV series)'s one and only solo adventure, since Connor (the hero of the first three films and a supporting character in the fourth) was killed off at the climax to the previous movie, Highlander 4: Endgame. It can be viewed in all its B-movie entirety on YouTube here: https://www.youtu...VSs6BKWP0o

There should have been only one.

JustBrad
The Andromeda Strain - 1971

Watch this movie and tell me it isn't Robert Holmes* favorite film.

* He wrote Killer

Child Of Auron
I finished the final series of The Adventure Game, overall not a bad concept and even got the viewer thinking how to solve some of the puzzles.

I have now returned to Wentworth for the fifth season. It feels a bit weird without Bea Smith. It's a bit of a semi re-boot - same location, same baddie, still some of the same goodies but without the main lead who was the centre of attention for the first few seasons.

Mmm - sounds familiar. Hello Blake's 7 series C

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

* He wrote Killer

Fantastic idea and riveting film.

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

* He wrote Killer

The similarities really struck home.

Alien virus.
No one knows how it works, turns out to be airborne.
Team of scientists talking over video monitors.
Base separated into sealed off sections.
A seal breach allows the virus to get out.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

* He wrote Killer

The similarities really struck home.

Alien virus.
No one knows how it works, turns out to be airborne.
Team of scientists talking over video monitors.
Base separated into sealed off sections.
A seal breach allows the virus to get out.

I think it's a science fiction staple with variations on a theme.

One Spare Part
Watching Mr Sloane: a sitcom of tragi-comic brilliance featuring Nick Frost and Olivia Colman. Astoundingly not renewed after its one and only series. It should have been picked up by channel 4 or netflix...anybody!

Child Of Auron
Child Of Auron wrote:

I finished the final series of The Adventure Game, overall not a bad concept and even got the viewer thinking how to solve some of the puzzles.

I have now returned to Wentworth for the fifth season. It feels a bit weird without Bea Smith. It's a bit of a semi re-boot - same location, same baddie, still some of the same goodies but without the main lead who was the centre of attention for the first few seasons.

Mmm - sounds familiar. Hello Blake's 7 series C

I take it back, season 5 is more like season 5 of Melrose Place (for those who liked their 90s US Evening Soaps). The regular cast is being torn apart bit by bit. So far we have lost a further 4 regulars and only half way through. I am still enjoying it but it is becoming a bit far fetched in the storylines.

JustBrad
Captain Blood (1935)

Errol Flynn's first starring role, and the foundation upon which the swashbuckler genre is built, influencing every pirate film right down to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.71 seconds
21,520,885 unique visits since 8th January 2014