Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

Watched 'The Greatest Showman' with Hugh Jackman. Quite good but excuse me for saying I loved 'Barnum' with Michael Crawford better. Then watched MST 3K: The Return- 'Star Crash' from 1978, with an all-star cast led by then unknown David Hasselhoff, Caroline Munroe, a cameo by Christopher Plummer and laughable evangelist turned b-movie actor, Marjoe Gortner as the Luke Skywalker clone. Very bad, both story, acting, effects... folks, I'll never make fun of Blake's 7 again! But very, very funny in the MST way.

A very entertaining film, that only a Hugh Jackman, a Michael Crawford, or a Gene Kelly could pull off. Alas, about as historically accurate a film as Braveheart.

Child Of Auron
Finished the second season of Wentworth Prison and now back to The Adventure Game

One Spare Part
They have just started showing The Flash on "normal" tv so I am hoping it's the start of something good.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
monster from green hell, bzzzzzzz! another one you'd like Brad

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

monster from green hell, bzzzzzzz! another one you'd like Brad

We've seen it. Love all those horrible little 50's films.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
I don't know whether this comes under Watching, Listening or Games (or all three):

My husband's the gamer in the household, I know nothing about Warframe. But he showed me this trailer for their new release, and I LOVE it!
Warframe - We All Lift
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Child Of Auron
Halfway through season 3 of Wentworth, I am enjoying this more second time round

BradPaula
Watched 'A Wrinkle in Time'. It was ok.

sweevo
Rewatching a childhood classic - "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" - a sitcom from the 1990s which put Will Smith (playing a fictional, almost exaggerated, version of himself) on the map. Despite being a sitcom, it has some very touching and even tear-inducing moments.

One Spare Part
Nearly on the last series of Star Trek the next gen. They have been replaying it on Horror, 5 days a week for what seems like an eternity. I like tng but I will be glad to get to the end. Too much of a good thing...but what if they show another quality SF show after tng ends...? Where will it all end!!?! Angry

BradPaula
Will be watching 'Becket' 1964 with Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole tonight.

Edit: Thoroughly enjoyable film. And a bonus- one of the location shots was Bamburgh beach and castle (Aftermath) filling in for some castle in France.

And after that... MST 3K: The Return 'The Land That Time Forgot' (1974) where we spotted Ben Howard, aka Commander Mori from Volcano, And Colin Farrell, Gambril from Killer and Doctor Who alumnus Anthony Ainley (2nd Master) and Roy Holder (Caves of Androzani) who I mention as I got to know Roy a bit at a Dimension's con a few years back and ended up with a huge crush on him.
Edited by BradPaula on 22 July 2018 16:08:54

rojkerr1
v good film Beckett. I saw the Trollenberg Terror, Jimmy Sangster, good mix of Horror and Scifi

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Ghostbusters(2016) shame the whiny "fanboys" manged to scupper a sequel.

The Last Jedi. The full version not the whiny "fanboys" 30 mins of no girls allowed farce movie.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

JustBrad
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

The Last Jedi. The full version not the whiny "fanboys" 30 mins of no girls allowed farce movie.

Without the girls there is no movie. The Last Jedi is Rey.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
JustBrad wrote:

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Without the girls there is no movie. The Last Jedi is Rey.

That doesn't stop the "fanboys"...

Klenotka
Ghostbusters 2016 had a wonderful idea and could have been great but the script really let them down. I mean, it wasnīt funny even the first time when a ghost vominted a green stuff at one of them...and it wasnīt funny the third time. I liked the girls, the idea of them working for the city - secretly - with all the new toys and technology, was great. Chris Hemsworth was very funny, too. But it felt as if they tried to write a remake AND a sequel at the same time, with some really disgusting humour that was probably popular back in the early 90s...or does really someone think that vomiting and making fart noises is funny?
I think I saw some directorīs cut version and it didnīt make it any better.
Anyway, I would be willing to give them a second chance because the movie was not a total financial disaster but I think it simply was.... not too good. It was too obvious ten different people wrote the script.
Donīt be Lasagne

Child Of Auron
Finished the third series of The Adventure Game. It certainly isn't something you can "fest".

Anyway, I will be heading back inside for another season of Wentworth

One Spare Part
Klenotka wrote:

Ghostbusters 2016 had a wonderful idea and could have been great but the script really let them down. I mean, it wasnīt funny even the first time when a ghost vominted a green stuff at one of them...and it wasnīt funny the third time. I liked the girls, the idea of them working for the city - secretly - with all the new toys and technology, was great. Chris Hemsworth was very funny, too. But it felt as if they tried to write a remake AND a sequel at the same time, with some really disgusting humour that was probably popular back in the early 90s...or does really someone think that vomiting and making fart noises is funny?
I think I saw some directorīs cut version and it didnīt make it any better.
Anyway, I would be willing to give them a second chance because the movie was not a total financial disaster but I think it simply was.... not too good. It was too obvious ten different people wrote the script.

I'm glad you think that. I thought I was on my own in having huge reservations about the remake. The scene with Andy Garcia was excruciating. I thought the 2nd female leads were far better than the 2 leads. It would have made more sense to treat it as new. It was always going to suffer in comparison to the original.

sweevo
I haven't seen it and at this point, I'm kind of hesitant - Ghostbusters 1 and 2 were childhood classics, and I fear that this may put me off wanting to rewatch a beloved childhood franchise for life (I've already been put off from rewatching the Back to the Future trilogy except on the designated dates), the last one I can actually enjoy without it conjuring unpleasant memories from my youth (long story).

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
sweevo wrote:

I haven't seen it and at this point, I'm kind of hesitant - Ghostbusters 1 and 2 were childhood classics, and I fear that this may put me off wanting to rewatch a beloved childhood franchise for life (I've already been put off from rewatching the Back to the Future trilogy except on the designated dates), the last one I can actually enjoy without it conjuring unpleasant memories from my youth (long story).

See, I never liked the originals very much. Possibly I was either too old or not old enough for the target audience of the time. And I didn't and still don't like Back to the Future..

I'm a bad nerd!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.21 seconds
23,264,991 unique visits since 8th January 2014