Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 964
· Newest Rebel: Ledlogic

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [24 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [15 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
17% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [15 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [6 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 107
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
daro2096
I been watching classic episodes of Doctor Who the past two weeks. Started with Terror Of The Autons and have watched every episode up to The Image Of The Fendahl in broadcast order. About 16 to 18 episodes every day.

President Solvite
Image of the Fendahl what a great story that is...

Great story, atmosphere and actors

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
daro2096
President Solvite wrote:

Image of the Fendahl what a great story that is...

Great story, atmosphere and actors

The monsters remind me of the Triffids. Later I will be watching the rest of season 15, Sun Makers to Invasion of Time.

President Solvite
Ahh the Sunmakers, haven't seen that episode in a while..

Me for my part am watching classic Battlestar..
Yes its cheesy in places but it is quite fun and has some great moments and was a real shame the continuation project never came to realisation.

That would have perhaps brought a good closure to the original series.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
rojkerr1
Thought it was him Joe!

sweevo
A little-known BBC sci-fi drama entitled "Crime Traveller", starring Michael French and Chloe Annett - all 8 episodes are up on YouTube. Smile

Child Of Auron
I have just finished watching season 6 of The X Files as part of my re-watch of the series.

It was better than I remembered but I do know that things go rapidly down hill from this point onwards

daro2096
Child Of Auron wrote:

I have just finished watching season 6 of The X Files as part of my re-watch of the series.

It was better than I remembered but I do know that things go rapidly down hill from this point onwards

I think I stopped watching the X-Files when the smoking man got shot. Think it was the second episode of either the fourth or fifth season.

daro2096
I have just watched another 26 episodes of Doctor Who over the last 18 hours or so. Sun Makers to Stones Of Blood. I will probably stop at Horns of Nimon and wait until Shada is released. 34 episodes to go.
Edited by daro2096 on 26 November 2017 14:42:29

Child Of Auron
daro2096 wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

I think I stopped watching the X-Files when the smoking man got shot. Think it was the second episode of either the fourth or fifth season.

That was the fifth season

Though it was not the last we had seen of him

Psychostrategist
Charlie Jade, Lexx, and First Wave might appeal to some other fans of Blake's 7. I found them all enjoyable. They share some similiar themes. In each of them a small band of heroes, underdogs, sets out against a much more powerful foe, an entrenched enemy with hands on levers of power. Charlie Jade is a South African production; Lexx is Canadian-German; First Wave is maybe Canadian-American. Charlie Jade is confusing through and through, even on subsequent rewatches, yet entertaining. Lexx is weird but has very interesting lore fleshed out early on. First Wave is about an alien foothold situation on Earth and I don't think the protagonist ever leaves Earth. None could match Blake's 7. Babylon 5 is worth checking out for Blake's 7 fans too. Good and evil are kind of gray and blurry in the first three shows, somewhat like the characters we have, most of them, in Blake's 7.

JustBrad
Outlander. Despite the obvious influence of Doctor Who and one Jamie McCrimmon, the jury is still out on this as we are only two episodes in and I'm already worried about some of the Soap Opera aspects of the story.

rojkerr1
Fear is the key, Barry Newman

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

Fear is the key, Barry Newman

Ha! I have fond memories of that - it was the film me & my very first boyfriend went to see on our very first date! We'd both read the Alistair Maclean book and were interested to see how it had been adapted for the screen.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
'Campion', the 1988 BBC series based on the books by Margery Allingham, starring Peter Davison in the title role. Hubby got the DVD box set as one of his birthday pressies and we've been watching an episode or two every evening. He has only a vague recollection of the series, and for some reason I never watched it (I think I spent most of '88 whizzing up and down between London & Manchester at weekends, and this was a Sunday evening slot).

It's absolutely delightful - clever, witty and well-plotted. Peter Davison is great, (with only occasional - but apparently intentional - nods to his previous incarnations) and his sidekick Lugg, played by Brian Glover, is enourmous fun.

It's also fun to play 'spot the B7 cast & crew' - Andrew Burt (Jarvik) turns up regularly as the Detective Chief Inspector, Peter Tuddenham was a butler in one of the stories. Ken Ledsham did the design, and it's interesting to see what he could achieve with a proper budget - not a streamer or plastic tray in sight! Think of the dining room in 'Rumours' and multiply it by a million.

Highly recommended Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Coser
"The Two Ronnies", B5, Last Leg, Modern life is good...ish and Gerry Anderson's semi live action show "Secret Service" where Stanley Unmin plays the part of a vicar with a miniaturiser who works for the B.I.S.H.O.P. [British Intelligence Service Headquarters, Operation Priest].
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Joe Dredd
We watched "It's a Wonderful Life" on the weekend. This evening it was the Christmas episode of "Robin's Nest" ("No Room at the Inn"), followed by "Christmas with Shelley".

Klenotka
Farscape rewatch
Don´t be Lasagne

daro2096
Just watched the newly completed Shada. I think I prefer the 1992 version. They have done it as a movie rather than episodic.

sweevo
I've seen it - I think it works better as a movie (my personal opinion).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
11,124,701 unique visits since 8th January 2014