Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Coser
Just finished on catch-up
Dave Gorman's Life is Good(ish)

Currently watching as it comes on, or on catch-up:
Death in Paradise
Musketeers
Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled
Dara O'Briain: School of Hard Sums
The World's Weirdest Weapons
Why Planes Crash
Live at the Apollo
QI

Queued to watch when nothing is on
The Blackadder
Blackadder the Second
Blackadder the Third
Blackadder Goes Forth
Selected stories from Doctor Who, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Sylvester McCoy eras.
Life on Mars seasons 1 and 2
Ashes to Ashes 1-3
Torchwood: Children of Earth

Films queued
Cube
The Mask
The two Peter Cushing Dr Who films
Hudson Hawk
Now You See Me
Forbidden Planet
Galaxy Quest
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Coser wrote:

Death in Paradise...

Watched s1/2 of this, but lost interest in continuing when I found Ben Miller was leaving!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Panna
Klenotka wrote:

I am still waiting when anyone from new hosts will top Hugh Jackman´s opening...

I like Neil Patrick Harris but he is hosting everything these days and he is getting a bit stale.

I never liked him in the first place, so for me he's way past stale and has grown putrid...lol
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

sweevo
The Razor's Edge from 1984 - Bill Murray's personal magnum opus, along with Caddyshack, Stripes and Ghostbusters 1 and 2 to celebrate the life of the late great Harold Ramis.

Anniew
I am currently watching Old Avengers The Spectacular Seven with a young Brian Blessed! Joy!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

I am currently watching Old Avengers The Spectacular Seven with a young Brian Blessed! Joy!

Don't you mean The Superlative Seven? Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Anniew
What's in a name? The spectacular was just as sweet but I do mean Superlative. Of course I do. You could spend a large part of your life correcting my posts I'm afraid!

trevor travis
Rubbish episode, as it's hardly got any Mrs Peel in it Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

What's in a name? The spectacular was just as sweet but I do mean Superlative. Of course I do. You could spend a large part of your life correcting my posts I'm afraid!

LOL Grin

Sorry, dedicated fan of The Avengers and couldn't resist the temptation to correct Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

One of my favourite Avengers episodes of all time, and imo Charlotte Rampling is adequate compensation Grin

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

One of my favourite Avengers episodes of all time, and imo Charlotte Rampling is adequate compensation Grin

Nothing compensates for lack of Mrs Peel Grin

If I recall, you chose it as the very first Avengers rewatch, and then had to put up with my grumbling for the middle half hour where Mrs Peel doesn't appear Shock

Although Mrs Peel does turn up in that nice orange stretch outfit at the end. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Nothing compensates for lack of Mrs Peel Grin

Except the introduction of Tara King obviously Grin

Anniew
Oh I love the Avengers. Prefer it in Black and white. Loved Mrs Peel and Purdy. Couldn't stand Gambon and didn't much care for Tara. A Peel/ avon, Or Avon/steed cross over would be interesting and has probably been written. Loved Superlative but felt Brian deserved a more interesting end! No opportunity to ham it up.

And re not much Mrs Peel - she does save the day and is more effective than Steed who stands about looking cool but does very little. She is just such a great character. Beats Purdy into a cocked hat but I have a soft spot for Purdy. ( wore her hair style for a bit in a brief, ultra slim period! )

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:
Couldn't stand Gambon

Gambit. But I can’t stand him either Grin

Anniew
Was he really Gambit? I think it's time to get ears and brains tested!

Coser
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Coser wrote:

Death in Paradise...

Watched s1/2 of this, but lost interest in continuing when I found Ben Miller was leaving!

By the time I got interested, I'm afraid he had already left. Still, I was interested enough to get the first two seasons and enjoyed them immensely. Still, Kris Marshall (From "My Family" ) does a good job of investigating DI Poole's death, and indeed has some good storylines himself.

He arrives wishing his wife would join him, but she doesn't despite having him think for a while that she's on a plane. Later on in the series, she does come out and we see what a woman she is. A complete hypocrite! Having wanted to divoce Humphrey as nothing ever changed, she arrives on the island to find him at home with tropical drinks and local customs, but won't try them herself. It is this that shows him that she can't change and although she is now wanting them to get back together, Humphrey realises that he has moved on.

And of course, being a 'Dwarfer', I love the character of Officer Dwayne Myers (Danny John-Jules).
Edited by Coser on 24 February 2015 15:37:42
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Was he really Gambit? I think it's time to get ears and brains tested!

The character is Mike Gambit. Played by Gareth Hunt.

Unpleasant character, who comes across as a thug. Heaven knows what Purdey ever saw in him.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not a fan of Gambit, but I do think he's a good character and well played by Gareth Hunt.

rojkerr1
I like Gambit, but then I grew up with the new Avengers and much prefer it to the old stuff -and, he is not thuggish! Brilliant in the Eagles nest - "do you spell your name with a big F or a small f....-a big one - it suits you!" And then he jumps out of the window...Love TARGET when he out shoots the Target range, and he has a nice line in deadpan humour, look at his face in house of cards when he realises that the old friend has just tried to kill him...or his reaction to the poor little sparrow in Sleeper. Much underrated character, and he and Purdey have some great moments

rojkerr1
-and he's brilliant in Faces, and Dirtier by the Dozen! He even makes the French and canadian episodes slightly more bearable, especially his encounter with that tree..."that was damn silly, I must have a word with my karate instructor..."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
9,807,400 unique visits since 8th January 2014