Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
For me, it was series 3 that was the hardest work plus the end episodes. I will see what difference the rewatch makes.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

For me, it was series 3 that was the hardest work plus the end episodes. I will see what difference the rewatch makes.

For me, S3 felt like an 'added' season, as though they had a three season story outline, and then the network demanded four seasons.
I haven't watched since the original run, but my recollection was that there was a lot or repetition of previous ideas in S3.

Kind of like wanting to take the Liberator intact, so we can't kill the crew... Smile
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
S3 got a bit woolly headed with all the prophetic/regious overtones. And I didn't understand where Kara came from in S4...

BradPaula
Watched 'The Stone Tape' from 1972 starring Michael Bryant, Jane Asher, Iain Cuthbertson and a young Tom Chadbon.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
Ooh Paula you keep giving me ideas for rewatches! Haven't seen Stone Tape for ages. Genuinely creepy. Another Nigel Kneale masterpiece.

One Spare Part
Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 AD.
90% of the plot in the title. Love Peter Cushing as the doc. He is very much the cuddly grandpa with a core of a very hard substance found only on Gallifrey.
Incidentally, with the tv series being such a hit, why didn't they stick with Hartnell as the dr?

sweevo
Pingu, the adventures of a plasticine penguin and a childhood favourite (I always did like penguins more than teddy bears).
Edited by sweevo on 03 January 2021 17:20:16

JustBrad
The Maltese Falcon.

Iconic performances by Bogart, Greenstreet, and Lorre, with a plot twist that could have inspired Games.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

sweevo
Hayao Miyazaki night, to celebrate his 80th birthday. Smile My favourites include Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro, Laputa: The Castle in the Sky, My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke. Smile

rojkerr1
my landing is a Daleks 2150 ad shrine! Love that film. I suppose Hartnell was still making the tv show and cushing was a big name due to hammer etc. S3 is my least fave season

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

my landing is a Daleks 2150 ad shrine! Love that film. I suppose Hartnell was still making the tv show and cushing was a big name due to hammer etc. S3 is my least fave season

How does that fit in with your giant cyberman?

One Spare Part
Just watched Black Narcissus. The film, she hastens to add, not the tv 3 parter. Why remake perfection? I say the same about B7. It ain't perfect but it is perfectly brilliant. Tell another story in the B7 world, yes. The stories from Big Finish add to our experience. But Black Narcissus? Beautiful to look at and an atmospheric story brilliantly brought to screen by Powell and Pressburger. And the acting! Everyone shines in their own way but Kathleen Byron's portrayal of madness is masterful and deeply scary. And Deborah Kerr's nuanced performance matches this scene for scene. I tried the "mini series"... oh dear! Dumbed down, flat as a pancake atmosphere-wise and the performances were lack lustre. Sad and pointless. Watch the film folks! If it's good enough for Martin Scorcese - big fan of P & P - then there's no greater praise.

BradPaula
Watched Sahara (1943) starring Humphrey Bogart. Sure, it was full of 'good' propaganda but it was war time and it helped to see the various country's pulling together for a common cause.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
Saw The Woman in Black for the first - and last - time last night (it's up on YouTube but I don't want to upload the link because it's a little too much for some viewers). This is one film I don't want to watch again any time soon and it's going on my banned list alongside films like Saló, Cannibal Holocaust and the Saw movies. I didn't sleep for most of the night and I slept for most of the day to make up for it, waking up at Sunset (just my luck!). Sad

One Spare Part
Which version of The Woman in Black?

sweevo
The '89 television version with Pauline Moran in the title role.

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

The '89 television version with Pauline Moran in the title role.

It is the only scary version so I see where you're coming from.AngryOops

Endless Midnight
One Spare Part wrote:

Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 AD.
90% of the plot in the title. Love Peter Cushing as the doc. He is very much the cuddly grandpa with a core of a very hard substance found only on Gallifrey.
Incidentally, with the tv series being such a hit, why didn't they stick with Hartnell as the dr?

He would have been too busy working on the TV series at the time. The film was mostly recorded between 31 January and 22 March 1966, when Hartnell was still rehearsing and recording a new episode every week.

Hugbot
Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). As Sadina had mentioned it so often, I just had to give it a try! Loving it so far. I was also able to spot a few B7 veterans like Tynus as a beatnik, the Kommissar as a mobster, Raiker as a young guy organising a glass seance at a party and Tara as a non-cackling housekeeper. Oh, and that famous white Jag going over the cliffs...

littlesue
Hugbot wrote:

Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). As Sadina had mentioned it so often, I just had to give it a try! Loving it so far. I was also able to spot a few B7 veterans like Tynus as a beatnik, the Kommissar as a mobster, Raiker as a young guy organising a glass seance at a party and Tara as a non-cackling housekeeper. Oh, and that famous white Jag going over the cliffs...

Not just any old cliff...but Betchworth Quarry!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.85 seconds
31,879,909 unique visits since 8th January 2014