Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,167
· Newest Rebel: simon63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
13% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 164
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Tarrant On TV
JustBrad wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I hope they don't make anymore.

I would love to see more Star Wars films, but agree that the Skywalker saga has been neatly put to bed. We should not see any of these characters again, especially Rey. Their story is well and truly told.

At this point, Rey must be considered one of the most powerful Jedi of all time, as she succeeded where Luke, Obi Wan, and Yoda all failed. (The Force works in mysterious ways). To bring her back would cheapen her story line. Likewise, Palpatine and the Dark Side, as a clear and present danger, must stay dead.

I believe that is the plan for future Star Wars instalments. They'll be spin-offs like 'The Mandalorian' and 'Rogue One' etc. which I think is the right decision. I completely agree that the Skywalker saga is complete.
I loved the final movie. Definitely my favourite of the sequel trilogy. I can't be bothered arguing with the naysayers. Every time a new Star Wars movie comes out all hell breaks loose among the fandom in a manner like I've seen in no other.

In other news, I recently watched 'The Witcher'. It was... OK? To be honest, I found the out of synch timelines of the three main characters quite confusing. I'm also not sure how many more gruff voiced anti heroes the world really needs.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I hope they don't make anymore.

I would love to see more Star Wars films, but agree that the Skywalker saga has been neatly put to bed. We should not see any of these characters again, especially Rey. Their story is well and truly told.

At this point, Rey must be considered one of the most powerful Jedi of all time, as she succeeded where Luke, Obi Wan, and Yoda all failed. (The Force works in mysterious ways). To bring her back would cheapen her story line. Likewise, Palpatine and the Dark Side, as a clear and present danger, must stay dead.

Well, if they could leave well alone, along the lines you suggested, I would re consider my hope!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Jumanji: the Next Level.

As whimsical as Welcome to the Jungle.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Biggles: Adventures in Time - somebody's put up the whole film on YouTube.

rojroj
I saw the first two episodes of The Outsider, based on Stephen King's novel. Quite good.

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
rojkerr1
Peter Cushing last film

sweevo
Indeed it is. There's also a video game based on the film for the major home computers of the era (ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and Commodore 64).

sweevo
A couple of 4th Doctor stories to celebrate Tom Baker's birthday. Favourites include The Ark in Space, Genesis of the Daleks, Horror of Fang Rock, City of Death, the unfinished but eventually finished with the use of animation Shada (which I feel has only been highly regarded due to its infamous status), State of Decay and the end of an era in the form of Logopolis.

rojkerr1
great stuff, I have some original film from City of death, chicken wrangling!

One Spare Part
Let me get this straight...you wrangled chickens in order to get hold of original film from City of Death?...we are not worthy...

rojkerr1
the film is of chicken wrangling as featured on the dvd of City of Death, they used about 5 seconds of a 40min film to get the chicken egg sequence used in the story, I have the original 40min film reel, and yes its full of chickens...the yolk is on you sparepart...!

rojkerr1
had to shell out for the film, put me in a fowl mood

sweevo
Decided to rewatch Cannibal Holocaust - it's still a pretty shocking film even today, and I don't think I'll touch it again for a while (it is infamous for featuring real animal cruelty and for being a convincing enough looking "snuff film" that the director was charged with murder until he brought the actors into court to prove to the judge otherwise) - you know what the strangest part of this is? I liked this movie when I was in college. What the hell was wrong with me??

One Spare Part
Rojkerr, you should be ashamed of yourself!
What kind of eggs-ample is that to make?...

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Decided to rewatch Cannibal Holocaust - it's still a pretty shocking film even today, and I don't think I'll touch it again for a while (it is infamous for featuring real animal cruelty and for being a convincing enough looking "snuff film" that the director was charged with murder until he brought the actors into court to prove to the judge otherwise) - you know what the strangest part of this is? I liked this movie when I was in college. What the hell was wrong with me??

My brother has similar thoughts about Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. You can't even say it was a phase you were both going through. What about...seeing is believing?

rojkerr1
put it in the family albumen

One Spare Part
If you think omletting you get away with that....you are right! That is the worst! I eggspect better of you.

rojkerr1
dont be accused of feathering your nest, I'll give you the bird

sweevo
A fully animated film of the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway set to the music from the album of the same name - a labour of nearly 4 years in the making. It can be viewed on YouTube here: https://www.youtu...szTrQdL314

One Spare Part
Oh great! I have seen parts of this and it is an outstanding piece.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.29 seconds
24,378,795 unique visits since 8th January 2014