Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
In another thread, some-one linked the videos of Pratchett's "Guards, Guards" starring some guy I vaguely recognised from some late 1970's sci-fi show.

It was very entertaining.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Hugbot
Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

Mind officially blown. Guess I now have to reevaluate the Top 3 of my personal list of best SF series ...

Gauda Cheese
Child Of Auron wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

So I finished Brothers & Sisters season 2. Boy did those last two episodes have me blubbing like a baby. I am putting it down to tiredness and the ridiculous amount of alcohol I drank over the holiday season. Nothing else I swear!!

I am not halfway through the eighth and final season of 24. You can tell they were trying to re-boot the series but it does fall flat. The best moment so far came at the end of episode 12, two many silly storylines which bore, characters which you just can't feel anything for. It isn't as bad as season 6 but the last half needs to pick up to keep me going.

I am glad this will be it, I am 24'd out

Um you know there's Live Another Day? season 9. It's also awesome Oops

I was hoping no one would have picked up on that!!

My only excuse is that I don't own it on physical media so, therefore, falls outside of my re-watch rules. However, if someone was to buy it for me... Grin

If it makes you feel better, Live Another Day is only 12 episodes. It's also one of the best seasons.

Gauda Cheese
Anyone seen 1917?

You should, movies don't get much better.

JustBrad
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Anyone seen 1917?

You should, movies don't get much better.

It's on our list, though we will probably wait for the DVD.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

JustBrad
Aladdin - 2019.

I don't normally go for the classic Disney turned live action hype, but Will Smith and an array of well choreographed musical numbers made this an entertaining watch, even if it took nearly a half hour of exposition before the story really got rolling.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Agree on Mando, respectfully disagree on TROS. I saw Jedi at the theater in 1983. While I liked it, as an end to the saga it left me flat. TROS was everything I have been waiting to see for 36 years.

Just been to see The Return of Skywalker. I agree with you on that. It made up for the dross that was Solo. The extra films detracted from the main 3 but this last film had a great balance. I cheered twice at seeing Chewie at 2 different points and made an 'oh' when someone I wasn't expecting turned up. I really want to watch those 3 films back to back to get a true effect.
I hope they don't make anymore.
Edited by One Spare Part on 17 January 2020 10:14:41
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

I hope they don't make anymore.

I would love to see more Star Wars films, but agree that the Skywalker saga has been neatly put to bed. We should not see any of these characters again, especially Rey. Their story is well and truly told.

At this point, Rey must be considered one of the most powerful Jedi of all time, as she succeeded where Luke, Obi Wan, and Yoda all failed. (The Force works in mysterious ways). To bring her back would cheapen her story line. Likewise, Palpatine and the Dark Side, as a clear and present danger, must stay dead.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

sweevo
I don't know which saga is more convoluted, Star Wars or the Metal Gear games.

rojkerr1
Oh Mr porter

Cygnus-K
Season 2 of Farscape
"Take me up the sky ways
Show me what you've seen
I want to cruise the universe
In your super space machine"

Hawkwind / Nuclear Drive

sweevo
Max Payne... which I turned off after about 10 minutes. Good God, what is it with movies based on video games that turn out to be complete crap (except for Mortal Kombat)? The Max Payne games have so much story and character development and originality (not so much the 3rd game but it's still good)... and we get THIS!?

Gauda Cheese
Watching Dracula. Enjoyed ep one, loved ep two, but now my wifes watching the last 20 mins of ep 3 and I've checked out

sweevo
Doctor Terror's House of Horrors, starring the late great Peter Cushing as an eccentric fortune-teller who gives 5 travellers a glimpse of their unpleasant futures.

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Doctor Terror's House of Horrors, starring the late great Peter Cushing as an eccentric fortune-teller who gives 5 travellers a glimpse of their unpleasant futures.

I love these multi -story films. An Amicus speciality. And Peter Cushing is marvellous.

rojkerr1
I love those Amicus, I have the original painting for the Vault of Horror uk quad poster, rescued from a skip...Tom Baker, Terry Thomas, Curt Jurgens

One Spare Part
Are you a nationwide rubbish riffler, rojkerr?

rojkerr1
yep, where do you think my cyberman costume came from

Child Of Auron
Goodbye Jack Bauer! I have finished season 8 of 24 (and no GC I haven't got Live Another Day to watch). This season was a roller-coaster of emotion, a very slow start and I think this possibly led to the chop being given mid-season but the build up to the finale was gripping.

It was hard at times going through the original 8 seasons but overall I did enjoy the series. I definitely need something light to watch now. My next end of alphabet series also begins with T but first back to the B's and definitely something more fluffier than 24 - Season 3 of Brothers & Sisters

sweevo
John Carpenter season for me, to celebrate his 72nd birthday. Smile Favourites include Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween 1 and 2, Escape from New York, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China and They Live. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.39 seconds
25,077,641 unique visits since 8th January 2014