Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,209
· Newest Rebel: robbgenghis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [25 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [26 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [20 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 176
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
Henry Eggleton wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I am super excited because today -13th September 2019 - is the 20th 'anniversary' of the moon blasting out of earth's orbit. What the heck am I wittering on about? Space 1999 of course! Will be watching Breakaway tonight after work, wearing my Space 1999 T shirt...waiting for more S1999 tees to be delivered...hopefully with the Big Finish audio of S1999 resting next to me, having been delivered hopefully earlier in the day...I think I have gone a little iddy biddy bit bonkers.

I think the date in the novel was the 9th of September 1999

Really? I will have to look again. They do splash 13th September across the screen though so it would be a bit of an anomaly. Kind of like Arthur using Saturn and Stanley using Jupiter.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Child Of Auron
Finally finished the third season of 24.

This one was better than season 2 but not as good as season 1.

Next on my list are the Matt Damon Bourne films

rojkerr1
Not far to go spareapart...I love 1999, got a tshirt somewhere, and a costume, red sleeve

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Henry Eggleton wrote:

wont be watching the new series on NetFlix then?

I've watched the first two. They are not for young children.

That said the story-line so far is strong. The puppets and scenery are on par with the movie. I'm impressed with the level of consistency between the two.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Now I'm torturing myself with apparently one of the worst piece of cinematic filth ever unleashed onto civilisation - Highlander 2: The Quickening, featuring a permanently stunned Sean Connery, an unconvincingly-aged-in-old-age-makeup-before-reverting-to-youthful Christopher Lambert, an attractive Virginia Madsen and a badass-looking Michael Ironside (the voice of Darkseid from the Superman animated series from the 1990s).

Child Of Auron
Having done Bourne Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum in the last couple of days I must say I actually did enjoy them. The dvds have been sat on my shelf for years untouched. Supremacy was probably the weakest of the three though.

Back to Kiefer and season 4 of 24

Magic Toenail
I never saw Highlander 2, i've been too frightened by it's reputation ,which is a bit odd for me since i'm a diehard MST3K /rifftrax fan.It can't be any worse than Glitter with Mariah Carey. And I heard some of the different edits of Highlander 2
give it a much more cohesive narrative.
American Football just started here in so that's basically what i've been watching lately

sweevo
The original 1991 theatrical version of Highlander 2 is freaking garbage - avoid it at all costs. Immortals coming from another planet? What the hell!?

There are two additional versions of the film - a Director's Cut released in 1995, known as the "Renegade Version", which includes about 20 minutes of new scenes and is edited in the correct order (and the Immortals are no longer aliens from the planet Zeist but pseudo-Time Lords from a lost classical Earth civilisation), and a 2005 Special Edition, which is essentially the RV with updated CGI and special effects, and is considered to be the ultimate version. Even though it's a crap movie, I still rate it higher than Highlander 3: The Sorcerer (or Highlander 3: The Final Conflict, depending on where you live), which is a half-sequel, half-remake of the first film.

Henry Eggleton
Immortals from another planet came froom the spin off Cartoon series I think it was meant to tie them together
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
sweevo
The cartoon series is set in the 27th Century after the world has been plunged into a new dark age, and the Immortals call themselves Jettators (from the French word "Jette", meaning to throw away or dicard), renouncing the Game entirely to ensure world peace. In any case, a single movie was more than enough.

JustBrad
Godzilla 2019

A Guilty Pleasure film for us. Not the best, but far from the worst. Plenty of subtle Easter Eggs and call backs to the old Japanese Rubber Suit Godzilla films of the 60's - 90's.

And Charles Dance...
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

BradPaula
Revenge of Frankenstein with Peter Cushing. Love anything from Hammer Studios.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Revenge of Frankenstein with Peter Cushing. Love anything from Hammer Studios.

Peter Cushing is fantastic. His Van Helsing is a brilliant creation: the scene in which he runs along a table top and tears down the curtains flooding the Count with light and then using 2 candlesticks to make a cross! Magic stuff!

rojkerr1
I love Evil of Frankenstein....you actually feel sorry for him! The imposed assault sequence in ...must be destroyed...is quite vile, and totally out of character.

rojkerr1
still got the signed dr who pic he sent me! reading the eagle!

sweevo
Highlander 3: The Sorcerer (also known as Highlander 3: The Final Conflict in some territories) - while it provides more backstory for everyone's favourite immortal hero, it's essentially a remake of the original film even though it tries to expand the lore. Aside from star Christopher Lambert (whose career pretty much sank in the US after this film) and leading lady Deborah Kara Unger, the movie is ultimately forgettable. I think I prefer Highlander 2 (the director's cut, not the butchered theatrical release).

rojkerr1
The earth dies screaming

Henry Eggleton
QI

One Spare Part
Just finished watching the 3rd series of Babylon 5. Wow, still amazes me even after all these years and all the re watching. JMS was really in control of this great story: the pacing is great and he didn't shy away from the difficult stuff. Not all endings are happy but they are right. When series 3 was originally shown it beat Star Trek the next gen into the ground. They had to come back with stronger storylines to keep up with B5. Fab time for SF.

Henry Eggleton
The Predator

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
26,779,341 unique visits since 8th January 2014