Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,130
· Newest Rebel: Carlm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 154
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Astullken

Me as well. Normally I avoid angels/demons stories like the plague, but for Terry Pratchett and David Tennant I will go to hell and back. Wink
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it gets light!" --Avon

Child Of Auron
Since the sad news earlier this week I have managed to watch Hostage, Countdown, Voice From The Past and Gambit. It was actually watching Gambit this evening when it hit me that Paul was no longer with us. However, it being a fantastically funny and camp story helped lift the somber mood.

A few points on each episode:-
Hostage:- JP is really the only saving grace in this dull story, her scenes with Kevin Stoney were excellent.
Countdown:- Blasphemous I know but this story has always bored me, though I think a lot of this goes back to my first watch as a teenager when any story dealing with the good guys battling a countdown was tedious as you knew they would win. However, over time I have come to appreciate the dialogue but it is never going to be a favourite of mine.
VFTP:- I actually enjoyed this more than a lot of Horizon members. The early stages before Blake teleports to the asteroid were quite entertaining. Yes Le Grand isn't a great actress, Travis as a mummy is silly and Vila continues his stupid season which started in Hostage.
Gambit:- From Krantor's first scene I was smiling, gloriously OTT and camp. Servie has great lines written in typical Bob Holmes fashion. The girls get off the Liberator and into great costumes too.

It was also during this batch that I realised that I was close to not seeing Jenna again in the series and that was somewhat a downer too.

One Spare Part
I have been watching Shadows on Talking Pictures. A series of spooky tales for children. Nice atmosphere to the tales so far. Gareth Thomas was in the 2nd tale, being Welsh! Lots of familiar faces amongst the adult cast. Waiting for some pre fame teens to show up.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

littlesue
One Spare Part wrote:

I have been watching Shadows on Talking Pictures. A series of spooky tales for children. Nice atmosphere to the tales so far. Gareth Thomas was in the 2nd tale, being Welsh! Lots of familiar faces amongst the adult cast. Waiting for some pre fame teens to show up.

Not too sure about this series at all. I had to record it while I was away so I missed Gareth's episode...but I did see the last few minutes and as the young lads were speaking with Welsh accents so I presumed that Gareth would have been as well. I shall catch up with it next week.
Van der Valk finished as well last week....hmmm. I have to confess that I haven't been able to recall any of the storylines at all and I didn't like the third Arlett at all. The previous 2 seemed quite nice,but this third one seemed a bit cold and offhand to me. I'm wondering how the reboot will fare with Marc Warren.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
Finished up with Fireball XL5, which we loved. Now we've started Captain Scarlett and the Mysterons and this looks to be a good one too!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Supreme Commander
Sorry for the lack of warning but don't miss Paul Darrow's appearance tonight (9th June) at 9pm in 'The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: A Message from The Deep Sea' on Talking Picturess TV which is UK Freeview TV 81/ Sky 328/Freesat 306/Virgin 445. Paul played Dr Hart

littlesue
Supreme Commander wrote:

Sorry for the lack of warning but don't miss Paul Darrow's appearance tonight (9th June) at 9pm in 'The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: A Message from The Deep Sea' on Talking Picturess TV which is UK Freeview TV 81/ Sky 328/Freesat 306/Virgin 445. Paul played Dr Hart

Nearly jumped out of my seat when he turned up!!!! Not expecting that at all!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Child Of Auron
A brief respite between Series B & C today by watching 2012 with John Cusack.

A pile of tosh which actually was better in the first half than the second which is saying something. However, I can watch anything with John Cusack in....

rojkerr1
Paula, my absolute fave, outside of Blake! Dum dum dum - da dum dum dum! Dark and adult, scared me as a kid, Captain Black was my first anti hero, age 5, only later I started to feel sorry for him. Try the cgi series 2, also good.

rojkerr1
the bit in episode one where the body is dragged, then it slowly pans up...and Blacks transformation...

One Spare Part
Got to agree with Rojkerr. Captain Scarlet is A1! The close ups on Captain Black's face still frighten me!

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

Paula, my absolute fave, outside of Blake! Dum dum dum - da dum dum dum! Dark and adult, scared me as a kid, Captain Black was my first anti hero, age 5, only later I started to feel sorry for him. Try the cgi series 2, also good.

Well, it's certainly a change from Fireball XL5. I hadn't thought of it- an Avon-like character in Captain Black. I've been impressed by what I've seen so far.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
faints...sparepart agrees with me..swoon

One Spare Part
littlesue wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Not too sure about this series at all. I had to record it while I was away so I missed Gareth's episode...but I did see the last few minutes and as the young lads were speaking with Welsh accents so I presumed that Gareth would have been as well. I shall catch up with it next week.
Van der Valk finished as well last week....hmmm. I have to confess that I haven't been able to recall any of the storylines at all and I didn't like the third Arlett at all. The previous 2 seemed quite nice,but this third one seemed a bit cold and offhand to me. I'm wondering how the reboot will fare with Marc Warren.

Marc Warren has bags of screen charisma so that should help. No disrespect to Barry Foster who I loved. The old character would need to be tweaked for modern viewing, it was more of its time. I expect MW to be more vibrant!
Edited by One Spare Part on 18 June 2019 13:54:03

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

faints...sparepart agrees with me..swoon

I agree with you a lot actually! Doesn't pay to let you know, though! GrinAngry

rojkerr1
awww

Child Of Auron
Two thirds of the way through Series C

I do find the middle part of this season a sweet spot for the overall run, IMO, six episodes straight which I enjoy. Plus so many memories of these episodes from my childhood, I was 5 at the beginning of 1980. However, my earliest B7 memory is from Shadow but then there was nothing until Dawn Of The Gods.

Psychostrategist
This, which I suspect will be enjoyed by at least a few folks here who dig Gerry Anderson stuff and wouldn't mind a blend of an attempt of that mixed set on the edge of the B7 universe.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpf2epCB7Kc&hf=18

Travisina
Good Omens (eps 1 and 2 so far)
Series 3 of The Handmaid's Tale
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Child Of Auron
So Series C is finished.

Goodbye Cally, Goodbye Liberator, Goodbye Zen, Goodbye David Maloney. Zen's death still hits me hard even after umpteen watches, his is definitely the saddest death of the lot.

Next series up stars Kiefer Sutherland... All in a days work I suppose Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.72 seconds
21,513,744 unique visits since 8th January 2014