Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,079
· Newest Rebel: M1795537 OC Virn

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [21 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [11 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 141
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
rojkerr1
The darkness one is on the new Big Finish Audios.
Dance of the Dead has wonderful dialogue, so well written and Mary Morris sticks up for herself so well against Mcgoohan. She replaced Trevor Howard who was poorly... wonder if she ever recorded her experience?
My friend Becky used to call me No.6 especially when I was railing against authority! I called her 48 cos she loved the Alexis Kanner character.

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

And I started Up Pompeii today.

It is typical Carry On humour but then it is written by Talbot Rothwell. Full of bawdy jokes and knowing asides from Frankie Howerd.

Another comedy from the 70s which still holds its ground

Oh nay nay and yea again nay. Woe is me. ** Insert Frankie Howerd noise here** Brilliant! Just plain funny!

Tut tut tut Pfft

I have just watched an episode with a young Wendy Richard showing more cleavage than Miss Brahms ever did!

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
rojkerr1 wrote:

The darkness one is on the new Big Finish Audios.
Dance of the Dead has wonderful dialogue, so well written and Mary Morris sticks up for herself so well against Mcgoohan. She replaced Trevor Howard who was poorly... wonder if she ever recorded her experience?
My friend Becky used to call me No.6 especially when I was railing against authority! I called her 48 cos she loved the Alexis Kanner character.

Thanks..I have never looked into BF for any fandom.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

And I started Up Pompeii today.

It is typical Carry On humour but then it is written by Talbot Rothwell. Full of bawdy jokes and knowing asides from Frankie Howerd.

Another comedy from the 70s which still holds its ground

Oh nay nay and yea again nay. Woe is me. ** Insert Frankie Howerd noise here** Brilliant! Just plain funny!

Tut tut tut Pfft

I have just watched an episode with a young Wendy Richard showing more cleavage than Miss Brahms ever did!

Titter ye not!...am I allowed to say that? AngryGrin
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
works very well on audio Vanessa, very claustrophic, just close yr eyes and listen and walk round the Village
Edited by rojkerr1 on 11 January 2019 23:37:15

sweevo
Agatha Christie's Poirot, starring David Suchet as the eponymous Belgian detective.

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

Agatha Christie's Poirot, starring David Suchet as the eponymous Belgian detective.

The definitive Poirot!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Child Of Auron
A rather rushed finish to Up Pompeii. The two seasons were spread over 3 discs and my second disc was faulty so only got to see the first half of the first and the second half of the second season.

The first season was definitely funnier, there was too much recycling of the jokes in the second season. Max Adrian's Ludicrus Sextus was so much funnier than Wallis Eaton's take on the part.

The one off 1975 episode Further Up Pompeii was also included - it was funnier than what I watched of the second season but many of the jokes were taken directly, word for word from previous episodes.

Overall - a little disappointing based on the memories I had.

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

I am re doing all the full length Poirots. Just done Mrs McGinty's Dead. Suchet IS Poirot!

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

A rather rushed finish to Up Pompeii. The two seasons were spread over 3 discs and my second disc was faulty so only got to see the first half of the first and the second half of the second season.

The first season was definitely funnier, there was too much recycling of the jokes in the second season. Max Adrian's Ludicrus Sextus was so much funnier than Wallis Eaton's take on the part.

The one off 1975 episode Further Up Pompeii was also included - it was funnier than what I watched of the second season but many of the jokes were taken directly, word for word from previous episodes.

Overall - a little disappointing based on the memories I had.

Sad when the writers don't work hard to update the material. SOLUTION: only re-watch the 1st series and preserve your love of a brilliant comic moment.

rojkerr1
got my mum complete poirot 4 xmas, the latter ones are much less cosy. Do you remember Miss Lemon as the original Woman in Black..? scared me to death

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

got my mum complete poirot 4 xmas, the latter ones are much less cosy. Do you remember Miss Lemon as the original Woman in Black..? scared me to death

That was her? That version is the only one that scared me. Long time since I've seen it sadly. The film with Daniel Radcliffe was utterly predictable.

rojkerr1
yep,it was, the bit where she floats over the bed....

BradPaula
Watched Incredibled #2 last evening and really enjoyed it. Then three episodes of Stingray (Gerry Anderson).
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Gauda Cheese
The wife and I watched Unbreakable followed by Split. Hopefully we'll get time to see Glass when it comes out this week.

One Spare Part
Gauda Cheese wrote:

The wife and I watched Unbreakable followed by Split. Hopefully we'll get time to see Glass when it comes out this week.

I didn't realise until a few months back that Split was a sort of sequel to Unbreakable. I love the 1st film - one of Bruce's SF pearlers ! So I watched Split...it was tough going for me. Good film but some hard scenes for a nesh article like myself. Really looking forward to how it is all resolved in Glass. Bruce, Samuel and James in one film. A1.

Child Of Auron
Started the third season of Battlestar Galactica - and wow! Those first four episodes dealing with life on New Caprica, the uprising and the eventual escape are some of the best episodes the series has had since probably the first season. Also, knowing what is to come it sets up some very important plot points...

One Spare Part
The 3rd season is one of the best in any SF series. Thrilling and great storylines. Edge of your seat stuff.

RichardMk2
I've started watching Season 1 of The Expanse. So far I've seen the first 3 episodes.

RichardMk2
I've started watching Season 1 of The Expanse. So far I've seen the first 3 episodes.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
19,124,296 unique visits since 8th January 2014