Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 19

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
rojkerr1
Halle Berry Extant

sweevo
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, my favourite of the Indy movies (largely thanks to the chemistry between Harrison Ford and Sean Connery, the fact that our intrepid explorer is on the search for the Holy Grail of all things, and of course, the music by John Williams is always a highlight).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, my favourite of the Indy movies (largely thanks to the chemistry between Harrison Ford and Sean Connery, the fact that our intrepid explorer is on the search for the Holy Grail of all things, and of course, the music by John Williams is always a highlight).

Watched it sunday evening on beeb2: you are so right, the chemistry between the 2... and the surrounding gang...is excellent. Every scene with SC & HF is screen magic. Whenever I see this film it always makes me sad SC has retired. Always underrated and performs even better when in good company.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, original movie, great story

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, original movie, great story

That film was always a favorit of mine.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Mine too Paula, just got two large original USA lobby cards for the film off Leeds market, I love second hand stalls, both cards feature Lorre. Fancied watching it again. Always rather disturbed me when Walter Pidgeon cuffs Frankie Avalon round the ear...snivelling little pipsqueak...?

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

Mine too Paula, just got two large original USA lobby cards for the film off Leeds market, I love second hand stalls, both cards feature Lorre. Fancied watching it again. Always rather disturbed me when Walter Pidgeon cuffs Frankie Avalon round the ear...snivelling little pipsqueak...?

I'm surprised you saw all you did. Wasn't this the film with Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie) who walked around all film in that very tight skirt? <grin>

Speaking of lobby cards...I searched and searched and finally was able to buy a lobby card from the Beast Must Die, starring Peter Cushing, Michael Gambon and Tom Chadbon.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
BradPaula wrote:

Tom Chadbon.

Never heard of him...

runs and hides..
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

BradPaula
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Tom Chadbon.

Never heard of him...

runs and hides..

GrinGrinGrin

rojkerr1
great film, 'I don't care what you believe in - protect yourself...! 'words to live by, but not that guard...

Psychostrategist
Legion, the FX network show that is allegedly part of the Marvel Comic universe but I've almost completed watching the first season and I think the series is quite different from most Marvel productions: no stupid slapstick, no asinine juvenile humour, no rewards for the short of attention span, and a plot so dense that these hour long shows feel to me as a viewer like a two or three hour installment. Very intelligent writing. Moments that make me jump out of my seat; I'd characterize it as horror, at least in this first season. Definitely sci-fi, definitely horror aspects, much much better than my expectations. Highly recommend.

One Spare Part
Psychostrategist wrote:

Legion, the FX network show that is allegedly part of the Marvel Comic universe but I've almost completed watching the first season and I think the series is quite different from most Marvel productions: no stupid slapstick, no asinine juvenile humour, no rewards for the short of attention span, and a plot so dense that these hour long shows feel to me as a viewer like a two or three hour installment. Very intelligent writing. Moments that make me jump out of my seat; I'd characterize it as horror, at least in this first season. Definitely sci-fi, definitely horror aspects, much much better than my expectations. Highly recommend.

Well after that recommendation I will have to watch it. I love intelligent sf and we don't get enough of it.

rojkerr1
The Nightmare man

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

The Nightmare man

Let me know what happens. I keep starting it and then stop starting it...

rojkerr1
are you scared?! It is very creepy! wonder if Child of the Vodyanoi was ever published under that name? Maurice Roeves tried to scare up some money for a film version, never materialised...one of my faves! "I think he was laughing....!" uuurrrgghh

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

are you scared?! It is very creepy! wonder if Child of the Vodyanoi was ever published under that name? Maurice Roeves tried to scare up some money for a film version, never materialised...one of my faves! "I think he was laughing....!" uuurrrgghh

Ok. Will give it another go! Shock if it is creepy as you say it will get me ready for the rewatch of 'headhunter' in the anniversary rewatches...Happy

BradPaula
Finished with Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell and liked it quite a bit. Also finished the last three episodes of Red Dwarf 12, and thought it was amazing. Hope they do a 13th series soon.

Watched Deadpool 2 last evening and laughed all the way through it. More, please. The same actor who played Mr. Norrell in the Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, was also in Deadpool as the evil headmaster. Strange!

sweevo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original 1980s series based on the comic books by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird), a childhood classic (up until I discovered reruns of Classic Doctor Who, that is).

One Spare Part
The Shrinking Man: 1950s film actually captures the feel of the book quite well.

Child Of Auron
Finished season 3 of The Avengers and also the Cathy Gale period.

When I started this out I was looking forward constantly to Diana Rigg but this being my second viewing of The Avengers I found Honor Blackman to be a delight. Her acerbic remarks to Steed were fantastic to watch. I could truly believe at times she was an amateur who enjoyed the intrigue but was forever annoyed with Steed for pushing her into the situation. I believe Emma Peel was always a willing accomplice.

Also a lovely little nod to Goldfinger at the end where Steed mentioned Cathy was going pussyfooting in the Bahamas.

I have now returned to Mystic Falls for the third season of The Vampire Diaries.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
16,135,709 unique visits since 8th January 2014