Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

Over the course of the Bank Holiday weekend I watched season 8 of Are You Being Served. And the decline continues.
Yet another head of menswear, in fact two within the space of eight episodes.
We also lost Trevor Bannister as Mr Lucas between seasons, being replaced by Mike Berry's Mr Spooner. Straight away it seems the writers don't know what to do with him, often being banished from the canteen table or just stood in a scene to make one line gags at the expense of Mrs Slocombe.
We also said goodbye to "Young Mr Grace" to be replaced by his inferior older brother "Old Mr Grace".
Yet there were still some funny moments but nowhere near its heyday only a few seasons back

Sadly it outstayed its welcome. Rare for david croft et al but it was a big smash at the time so I suppose it was hard to let go. It was a lesson learnt though. Hi de Hi was a long running smash but the quality remained high and it went out at the right time.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Child Of Auron
I never could get in to Hi-de-Hi

rojkerr1
ho di ho, I liked the slightly seedy butlins atmosphere

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

I never could get in to Hi-de-Hi

What is yr fave sitcom C of A?

Child Of Auron
That's so hard.

All the comedies I like start off brilliantly but tend to run out of steam after the fourth or fifth series.

My favourite would probably be one of the following four:-

Absolutely Fabulous
Are You Being Served?
Allo Allo
Frasier

All of the above were hilarious but the later seasons did lose their magic.

Do you have a favourite OSP?

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

That's so hard.

All the comedies I like start off brilliantly but tend to run out of steam after the fourth or fifth series.

My favourite would probably be one of the following four:-

Absolutely Fabulous
Are You Being Served?
Allo Allo
Frasier

All of the above were hilarious but the later seasons did lose their magic.

Do you have a favourite OSP?

Great choices there. You can't go wrong with a David Croft sitcom so one of my choices would be You Rang M'Lord? This is his ultimate series for me. Brilliant ensemble performances.

Count Arthur Strong - cult stuff!
Dinnerladies -lost track of how many times I have watched both series
The I. T. Crowd - brilliant stuff

I could go on and on....

sweevo
"Superman: The Animated Series", a childhood classic - following the success of Batman's animated tenure in the 90s, the Man of Steel got his own adaptation, featuring the voice of Tim Daly as Superman. Smile

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Dinnerladies is one of my all-time faves. It's one of the most-quoted sitcoms in the Travisina household (along with Blackadder and The Young Ones). Dinnerladies is so good - it mixes laugh-out-loud dialogue with moments of genuine pathos, and had a northern heart of gold. Victoria Wood was brilliant - taken from us way too soon.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Dinnerladies is one of my all-time faves. It's one of the most-quoted sitcoms in the Travisina household (along with Blackadder and The Young Ones). Dinnerladies is so good - it mixes laugh-out-loud dialogue with moments of genuine pathos, and had a northern heart of gold. Victoria Wood was brilliant - taken from us way too soon.

We must work "I wish I'd smashed you in the face with a tin of beans when I first thought of it" into one of the rewatch duscussions!... or maybe something slightly less violent!

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

We must work "I wish I'd smashed you in the face with a tin of beans when I first thought of it" into one of the rewatch duscussions!... or maybe something slightly less violent!

Could have worked into yesterday's rewatch (which I missed, thanks to Great Northern/Thameslink stupid stupid trains) the most appropriate: "You, you and you are goin' nowhere!"

Child Of Auron
Actually I have just remembered another favourite which I have watched more than once.

The Smoking Room, a two season BBC2 comedy from the early 2000s. All the characters resonated with me and I could certainly place them with co-workers in my smoking hut at the company I worked for at the time.

rojkerr1
fave sitcom -Hancock's half hour,- I'm going to faint - you can't dear there's no room..please Sid, no punch ups on municipal property...! etc etc. bliss

One Spare Part
I am on season 2 of a Buffy rewatch and have finally started on season 5 of Grimm after a long gap following 4. I am finding it hard at times to balance rewatches with catching up with new stuff. Got Supergirl season 2 jessica jones and legends of tomorrow still to watch....

Ellen York
One Spare Part wrote:

I am on season 2 of a Buffy rewatch and have finally started on season 5 of Grimm after a long gap following 4. I am finding it hard at times to balance rewatches with catching up with new stuff. Got Supergirl season 2 jessica jones and legends of tomorrow still to watch....

I love Legends of Tomorrow, but it seems to be a bit marmite. I know some people who said they couldn't get into it. I'm a sucker for the misfits save the day trope, so it is right up my alley (though it did get better after the first season)

BradPaula
Have been watching series 10, 11, and now 12 of Red Dwarf. Also, watched Annihilation last weekend.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Series 2 of The Handmaid's Tale. But only on catch-up during daylight hours - it's harrowing and very dark (literally and figuratively), not something I want in my head at bed-time.

So why am I watching it? Because it's utterly brilliant, that's why.

rojkerr1
series 4 of Enterprise, my fave season of the four, as if they realised they were going to be cancelled so just went for it! Love the Vulcan stories, and their version of Khan, think the Mirror universe one with the Tholian Web from the other side is my fave tho, wonderful Gorn and Tholian!

One Spare Part
Re watching series 3 & 4 of Callan. It is one of the best series ever made as far as I'm concerned. Gritty and dark with some of the best acting I've seen. Still stands up to viewing today. The scripts could be used to show how great writing can make a great series: not just for the storylines but for informing the actors' performances. I judge many series against Callan.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Coco with D2 and DS..

Power Rangers...we nearly p'ed ourselves laughing ...It was so horribly bad, it's wasn't even a good bad..
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

BradPaula
this evening, watched Black Panther. And in the really late evening, watched Mystery Science Theater 3000: Return Reptilicus. Both very good.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.65 seconds
16,628,185 unique visits since 8th January 2014