Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

I know I'm probably going to get some funny looks, but I'm checking out the classic BBC sitcom "Maid Marian and Her Merry Men" for the very first time (although I had seen clips of episodes as a child, this is the first time I am watching them in their entirety). Here are some of the Sheriff of Nottingham (easily the best character on the show, played by Tony Robinson, who also created the sitcom)'s finest moments:

https://www.youtu...p7_LB1PC3g

If it makes you feel any better, I have been catching up with Rentaghost. Still funny after all these years and Dobbin the pantomime horse is one of my all time favourite children's tv characters! Next to Tog of course. . . "If your mansion house needs haunting just call Rentaghost!"
https://youtu.be/8bondpyCgKo
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

One Spare Part
Did anyone see the 1st two episodes of Missions on BBC4? About a private mission to Mars being thrust into more than just a space race. Liked what I have seen so far. It's not terribly original but there is good tension and it is old school in a good way.

Child Of Auron
Just finished season 4 of The West Wing. No more Rob Lowe Sad

A good end of season cliffhanger but I think the peak of this series has been passed and it's downhill all the way until the final episode.

BradPaula
Very unashamedly watched the Royal Wedding from midnight our time to just after 8 am. I just could not get enough! They are running it again tonight- and I may have to watch again. Oh, I am so homesick right now for a country I love and respect but was not born in. *shrugs happily*
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
Polar opposite of me (born in UK to Italian immigrants but brought up in both countries - I'd do anything to leave and return to the motherland).

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
BradPaula wrote:

Very unashamedly watched the Royal Wedding from midnight our time to just after 8 am. I just could not get enough! They are running it again tonight- and I may have to watch again. Oh, I am so homesick right now for a country I love and respect but was not born in. *shrugs happily*

I watched part of it. Not too keen on the Duchess's dress but I liked the idea of the veil being embroidered with floral tributes of both the Commonwealth and Meghan's home state.

We watched The Book of Life(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Life_(2014_film))
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Endemic
sweevo - I have all of those Maid Marion episodes as well, although I have not watched any of them yet. When I knew Tony Robinson was in it then that caught my interest.

One Spare Part - That Rentaghost theme music will be in my head all day now. I am drawn to youtube to hear it every few years. :-)

Child Of Auron - The West Wing was a favourite of mine for a long time. When I reached the end I just started again from the beginning. :-) I knew the lines so well that I just started looking at the sets instead of the actors, as they were so well designed. I then started spotting the very few continuity errors in it which were rare. I think there were 7 that I managed to spot. It is still very good.

These days I like The Blacklist as it has a great "anti-hero" whose character is complex. I wonder where I picked up a liking for people of that sort.
Edited by Endemic on 20 May 2018 08:40:44

rojkerr1
Kong; Skull Island, lot of fun

One Spare Part
Endemic wrote:

sweevo - I have all of those Maid Marion episodes as well, although I have not watched any of them yet. When I knew Tony Robinson was in it then that caught my interest.

One Spare Part - That Rentaghost theme music will be in my head all day now. I am drawn to youtube to hear it every few years. :-)

Child Of Auron - The West Wing was a favourite of mine for a long time. When I reached the end I just started again from the beginning. :-) I knew the lines so well that I just started looking at the sets instead of the actors, as they were so well designed. I then started spotting the very few continuity errors in it which were rare. I think there were 7 that I managed to spot. It is still very good.

These days I like The Blacklist as it has a great "anti-hero" whose character is complex. I wonder where I picked up a liking for people of that sort.

OMG I LOVE The Blacklist! It is one of the best US series ever. James Spader is A1! And now I want to watch Stargate thinkjng of him!

Endemic
"These days I like The Blacklist as it has a great "anti-hero" whose character is complex. I wonder where I picked up a liking for people of that sort."

"OMG I LOVE The Blacklist! It is one of the best US series ever. James Spader is A1! And now I want to watch Stargate thinkjng of him!"

I am very tempted to put the DVD in again and watch James Spader as Dr Jackson, but if I do that then I will start rolling through the whole SG1 and Atlantis series' once again as well. That will take a few months to do another run through of those.

I obviously love science fiction, but apart from the actors in Blake's 7, the only ones that I would go out of my way to meet are those in the Stargate series. Richard Dean-Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan etc. I was working during the years SG1 was on and so I did not see it at all until after the series ended. Then when I started to watch it I had 10 whole series at my fingertips. :-)

Those days of being a boy and needing to wait a week between episodes of Blake's 7 and months between the series were a thing of the past. The modern world is not all bad. :-)
Edited by Endemic on 20 May 2018 20:00:40

JustBrad
Rewatching the original trilogy of Star Wars as prep for an article.
I have to say that Jedi is not as bad as I remember.

Child Of Auron
I watched season 7 of Are You Being Served over the weekend.

The quality continues to drop and the jokes are more crass, though there were still a few laugh out loud moments. This was Trevor Bannister's last year in the role of Mr Lucas.

Earlier today, The West Wing season 5 was started. From what I remember this was the last truly good season but I will see if the memory cheats soon enough.

Travisina
Series 2 of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. It picks up after the end of the book, so unlike Series 1, I have no idea where the story will go. Harrowing stuff. Gave me nightmares.

On Thursday, I went to see the cinema relay of the National Theatre's 'Macbeth', starring Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff as Mr & Mrs McB. Brilliant, but also the stuff of nightmares.

Can anyone recommend something cheerful to watch?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

'Macbeth', starring Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff as Mr & Mrs McB.

At first, I read that as Roy Kinnear. Even if he were still alive I couldn't really imagine him as Macbeth. Grin

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

Travisina wrote:

'Macbeth', starring Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff as Mr & Mrs McB.

At first, I read that as Roy Kinnear. Even if he were still alive I couldn't really imagine him as Macbeth. Grin

Roy was such a good actor, I actually think he could have made an interesting MacB - for all his jovial portrayal of Keiller, he does have some dark moments. His son looks a lot like him now, and was excellent in the role.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Rewatching the original trilogy of Star Wars as prep for an article.
I have to say that Jedi is not as bad as I remember.

I have tried a few times to watch the original 3 but I always get stuck at no 3. I will follow your example and give it another go. But then there are the prequels...

One Spare Part
[quote]Travisina wrote:

Series 2 of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. It picks up after the end of the book, so unlike Series 1, I have no idea where the story will go. Harrowing stuff. Gave me nightmares.

On Thursday, I went to see the cinema relay of the National Theatre's 'Macbeth', starring Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff as Mr & Mrs McB. Brilliant, but also the stuff of nightmares.

Can anyone recommend something cheerful to watch?[/quote
Hannibal...lol]

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

Actually I can! Have you seen Count Arthur Strong featuring Rory Kinnear? I see you have an interest in the Kinnear family. This proves that the son has inherited his father's comic gift.
Edited by Travisina on 21 May 2018 15:52:36

BradPaula
Watched Peter Rabbit (2018). Not bad at all. Actually liked James Corden as Peter.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Actually I can! Have you seen Count Arthur Strong featuring Rory Kinnear? I see you have an interest in the Kinnear family. This proves that the son has inherited his father's comic gift.

I've heard some Count Arthur Strong on the radio (and it didn't grab me, tbh) - but maybe I'll give the TV version a go. Thanks!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.65 seconds
15,275,527 unique visits since 8th January 2014