Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 158
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
sweevo
The recently-released and reconstructed version of the notoriously incomplete (if slightly overrated) Doctor Who story "Shada", which is as close as we will get to a "final cut".

sweevo
Now onto Doctor #4's swansong... "Logopolis"... and I've saved it till last.

Child Of Auron
I watched the sixth series of Are You Being Served over the weekend.

This was the first without Mr Grainger who was replaced by Mr Tebbs played by James Hayter (the voice of Mr Kipling I believe - for us Brits old enough to remember the adverts).

There has also been a serious drop in the quality of the writing since the fifth series. Each episode essentially begins with the staff turning up one by one with John Inman in some outrageous costume.

The pussy jokes are still funny though Grin

sweevo
Hayao Miyazaki's directorial debut - a pre-Studio Ghibli movie in the form of "Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro" from 1979, and one of the few movies I can watch over and over again.

Child Of Auron
And today I started Season 4 of The West Wing

sweevo
"From Up on Poppy Hill", a Studio Ghibli movie from 2011, this time directed by Goro Miyazaki (Hayao's son, not the four-armed sub-boss from Mortal Kombat). It just hit me that in 2 1/2 weeks (as of writing this comment) my Japanese course will come to an end, and with it, my 3-year journey of studying this uniquely mind-boggling culture and language.

JustBrad
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

rojkerr1
sweevo -I do love Logopolis, wonderful story, my friend Pete Wallbank illustrated it for a calendar, with no photo reference for Tom Bakers hair, so he had to intuit it - he later changed it digitally so there are two versions, one with windswept hair! I have the original more coiffured one... I love the way he extended a ray of darkness through Anthony Ainleys image, like a swathe of entropy, eating away at the universe

sweevo
"Whisper of the Heart" and "The Cat Returns" back to back.

rojkerr1
The Quiller Memorandum, wonderful spare, clipped Pinter dialogue, now the Dirty Harry movies, Eastwood

Klenotka
JustBrad wrote:

I rewatched the whole show recently and I forgot how good The Peacekeeper Wars was. It was obviously made for Farscape dummies (so it could be watched without a knowledge of the show) but I was surprised how good as a story it worked and that it was actually a very good sci-fi movie. And, of course, Ben and Claudia were great.
Donīt be Lasagne

sweevo
Classic scene from a classic movie - "Do I feel lucky...?" (I do, anyway) - you can view it here:
https://www.youtu...nEJ_bdEHdM

sweevo
Ocean Waves followed by Pom Poko and Laputa: The Castle in the Sky.

rojkerr1
super sweevo, up to number 4 now, Sudden Impact

Klenotka
Hansel and Gretel: The Witch Hunters....I havenīt seen it for a while and it is still fun. Yes, it twists the fairy tale a bit but it really looks good - the fights, the cinematography, make up of those witches and monsters and very well chosen filming locations - those deep forrests and beautiful landscape with rocks is either here or in Saxony....so, close to home Smile
Donīt be Lasagne

JustBrad
Klenotka wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

I rewatched the whole show recently and I forgot how good The Peacekeeper Wars was...

Indeed, I was riveted from the opening credits. The last hour is perfect sci fi adventure television.

sweevo
I know I'm probably going to get some funny looks, but I'm checking out the classic BBC sitcom "Maid Marian and Her Merry Men" for the very first time (although I had seen clips of episodes as a child, this is the first time I am watching them in their entirety). Here are some of the Sheriff of Nottingham (easily the best character on the show, played by Tony Robinson, who also created the sitcom)'s finest moments:

https://www.youtu...p7_LB1PC3g

rojkerr1
Equus, I've talked away terrors...

BradPaula
sweevo wrote:

I know I'm probably going to get some funny looks, but I'm checking out the classic BBC sitcom "Maid Marian and Her Merry Men" for the very first time (although I had seen clips of episodes as a child, this is the first time I am watching them in their entirety). Here are some of the Sheriff of Nottingham (easily the best character on the show, played by Tony Robinson, who also created the sitcom)'s finest moments:

https://www.youtu...p7_LB1PC3g

This is a new series to me but seeing the clip on YouTube, I'm very interested. Love Tony Robinson. We've jsut signed up for Brit Box, so maybe they'll have the series and we can finally watch it.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Started watching Red Dwarf XI. Funny as ever!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.86 seconds
22,452,848 unique visits since 8th January 2014