Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 25

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Psychostrategist
That is a very hefty helping of many hours of Dr Who. I'm not a fan of the new series myself; I noticed you stopped at Seasonj 26, the last Sylvester McCoy season, I think. I favor Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee and Peter Davison episodes in that order. I'm not a fan of Sylvester McCoy at all. Colin Bakier I could also skip, ughh, all the Mel episodes too.. yuck. So high pitched, so much screaming. Tom Baker's Doctor with Sarah Jane Smith or Leela or with either Romana would be what I consider Dr Who's prime, the best of the best. The only episode after that that truly stands out to me is the Davison one called Enlightenment. I can't stand Tegan for the same reasons I can't stand Mel and Tegan was in almost every Davison episode.

daro2096
I think the Big Finish audios of the 6th and 7th Doctor is better written to be honest.

If I am being honest the 5th Doctor is my Doctor though I do just about remember the tail end of the 4th Doctor's run on TV. I watched it right through to the end of the 80s. We weren't fans of Coronation Street.

rojkerr1
some of the 7th Dr stories are the best of classic Who, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Curse of Fenric, Mccoy v underrated, definitely in my top 5 Drs. The bit in Fenric when he recites the names of his companions, invoking his own faith to drive off the Haemovores...mesmerising!
Love season 13 best of all tho, never been bettered, Zygons to Seeds, even Android invasion has its moments!

rojkerr1
and his balcony scene with the sniper in Happiness Patrol, a story widely regarded as one of the worst, sums up everything about the reasons I liked classic Who. And his farewell to Mel in Dragonfire, days like crazy paving...

JustBrad
rojkerr1 wrote:

some of the 7th Dr stories are the best of classic Who, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Curse of Fenric, Mccoy v underrated, definitely in my top 5 Drs. The bit in Fenric when he recites the names of his companions, invoking his own faith to drive off the Haemovores...mesmerising!
Love season 13 best of all tho, never been bettered, Zygons to Seeds, even Android invasion has its moments!

When 7 and Ace got a decent script, they made some of the best DW ever.

sweevo
"The Curse of Fenric", "Remembrance of the Daleks", "Survival", "Ghost Light" and "The Happiness Patrol" (I recommend watching it in black and white) are some of 7 and Ace's finest hours. Smile

Child Of Auron
Remembrance Of The Daleks, Greatest Show In The Galaxy, Ghost Light & Survival are my go to McCoy stories

rojkerr1
I do love McCoy stories and collect props and costumes-I have the boatman/captain haemovore mask from fenric, the Tonight at the forum poster from Happiness and the complete Eye medallion from Greatest Show. Visor from Bannermen, lakertyan headpiece and tetrap claw from Rani.
can you tell I'm trying to get a prop from each of his stories!? doing ok so far!
Anyone seen the complete Survival cheetah person on ebay? AAArrrgghhh!

rojkerr1
sweevo, I think Happiness was going to be broadcast in black and white, and tilted angles -like a batman set or something out of Metropolis, the cabinet of dr caligari. I agree is much better, would have made the pink Tardis stand out! Like Wizard of Oz, when the Oz scenes were in colour

Hugbot
Watching yet another of my favourite 80s TV shows - The Stepfanie Kramer Droolfest! (Yes, I know, officially it was called Hunter but I doubt that there was anyone out there who watched it because of Hunter and NOT because of McCall!)

sweevo
Having a look at the modern adaptation of "Ducktales" (Woo-hoo!) to see how it compares with the classic 1980s version.

RichardMk2
I'm watching "Fall of Eagles" a BBC Historical Drama from 1974 about the last half century of the Austro-Hungarian, German and Russian empires. Among the actors who appear in it, Patrick Stewart played Lenin.

rojkerr1
Doomwatch, and the new Trek, started to take off with episode 5, Mirror universe saga excellent

sweevo
"Groundhog Day"... because why not? It's that time of year again. Smile

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

"Groundhog Day"... because why not? It's that time of year again. Smile

... and again, and again, and again...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Drasko
"Velvet"
Spanish series
So nice and romantic

Child Of Auron
"Allo Allo" season 7. This is the one they filmed after Gorden Kaye's near fatal accident in the storm of 1990

sweevo
Newly released gameplay footage of "The House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn", the latest entry in Sega's arcade rail-shooter series known for its gore (up until HOTD 3), B-movie feel and bad voice acting (worse than the original "Resident Evil" on the PS1).

JustBrad
Began my rewatch of Farscape today.

Deep characters, great dialog, and tight scripts.

B7 is a brilliant ground breaking series. Terry Nation spent two episodes setting up back story, introducing the main character, introducing the crew, and getting them on their ship. It was another episode six before the antagonists were introduced. Farscape does it all in less than twenty minutes.

RichardMk2
My brother calls "Farscape" Aussie B7!

I watched "Troy: fall of a city" on BBC iplayer. It was shown last Saturday on BBC1. Part 1 of an 8 part adaption. So far OK, I'll see how it pans out.

I've given up on Hard Sun as it seemed very plodding.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
16,017,839 unique visits since 8th January 2014