Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Child Of Auron
My copy of Shada turned up today. I got to the mid point and had to stop because I was falling asleep.

Seeing it movie format has made me realise there isn't much that actually goes on and there is a lot of padding.

Although it's great to see it, almost, complete I do wish they had kept it episodic. And why not have the Tom Baker 70s theme on the title sequence????

Have to say I am disappointed, it does feel like a fan made movie produced by someone who didn't really know what Doctor Who was about in the late 70s.

However, I am tired after only a couple hours of sleep last night so I may enjoy it more when I am fully awake

BradPaula
Started watching Outlander, episodes 1 and 2. Interesting so far but it does have that romance novel feeling about it....
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
"The Big Lebowski", to celebrate the Dude's birthday. Smile

Psychostrategist
There are three different Shada reconstructions of note. One is an animated reconstruction voiced by Paul McGann. Another is a partial reconstruction with Tom Baker narrating. The one I'd recommend is the Ian Levine reconstruction which seems to have the most real footage shot for the episode and seems stitched together in a way that resembles the flow of a normal complete Tom Baker episode. It was probably on one of the boxsets on an Extras disc.

Child Of Auron
I finished Shada tonight.

Admittedly I did enjoy tonight's second half - maybe because I finally got a decent night's sleep. Or maybe because there was far more "new" material to see and hear.

I still am disappointed that it wasn't episodic, especially as the incidental music ramped up at each "cliffhanger" and Doctor Who was made as 25 minute episodes with cliffhangers so watching them in movie format can feel a little disjointed.

I still think I prefer the 1992 VHS release if only for the way Tom delivered the line "Romana was appalled!"

sweevo
"Flash Gordon", complete with cheesy but awesome Queen soundtrack and the inimitable BRIAN BLESSED, to celebrate its 37th anniversary. Smile

Psychostrategist
sweevo wrote:

[...] and the inimitable BRIAN BLESSED [...] Smile

He gave the first series of Black Adder a welcome injection of quality acting and was memorable as the Cygnus Alpha prison leader.
Any project is made epic if Brian Blessed is in it.
i.imgur.com/u6Y7YqM.jpg

President Solvite
Agreed can't think of any flop that has the BRRIIAAAAAN BLESSSED ingredient..

Also useful if you need any ear wax removal... Give it the sonic treatment Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
daro2096
He was also in an episode of Survivors.

rojkerr1
and two Space 1999s

sweevo
Going through a Chris Barrie phase (I met him twice at Red Dwarf conventions - one in 2013 and another in 2015, and he remembered me both times... AND was the only one who pronounced my name correctly) - in addition to RD, I'm looking at his work in his early impressionist years and his other major success, The Brittas Empire.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.32 seconds
9,896,548 unique visits since 8th January 2014