Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Klenotka
Travisina wrote:

Just finished watching season 2 of 'Preacher'. Ended on quite an annoying cliffhanger...

I am trying to get to it but I heard it was not as good as the comics. Try to read it, it is really great and funny Smile
Donīt be Lasagne

Travisina
Klenotka wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Just finished watching season 2 of 'Preacher'. Ended on quite an annoying cliffhanger...

I am trying to get to it but I heard it was not as good as the comics. Try to read it, it is really great and funny Smile

Yes, I'll try to get hold of them. It will be interesting to compare the adaptation to the original.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Angry Angel
Just watched Bladerunner again in preparation for watching Bladerunner 2049 tomorrow.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
sweevo
The revived series of the classic 1990s Channel 4 game show "The Crystal Maze", with Richard Ayoade as the presenter/Maze Master. I'm loving the 21st Century makeover the show got, and I can see that most of the games/challenges have been made easier when compared to the original series (some of the games, particularly the more taxing ones such as Skill and Mental challenges, were borderline Nintendo Hard).

sweevo
Just doing my annual Back to the Future Trilogy marathon, which I have done consistently on the last week of October since the Blu-ray box set's release (and 25th anniversary) in 2010. Part 1 on the 25th, Part 2 on the 26th and Part 3 on the 27th, although this could be the last one.

JustBrad
The White Princess, a highly fictionalized account of Elizabeth of York's life after her marriage to Henry Tudor (Henry VII).

rojkerr1
1990 Edward woodward

Zenrac
Dempsey And Makepeace boxset.

A classic slice of 1980's action TV.

With, of course, Glynis Barber.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
JustBrad wrote:

The White Princess, a highly fictionalized account of Elizabeth of York's life after her marriage to Henry Tudor (Henry VII).

I read the book..I'm always surprised PG manages to get names correct.

Since she messes up all the other details.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Father Brown marathon.

Next up..

Thor, Avengers, Thor Dark world..

Then Ragnarok!

sweevo
At the request of a friend, I decided to explore the Archie mythos/lore (even though I, personally, am not a fan of the comics, as I find them to be generic, vapid and stereotypical)... why the hell do I torture myself with this inane babble? I wasn't satisfied enough with reading an issue of the comics, no, I had to go into the first Circle of Bad Writing Hell and catch a glimpse at the ABC series "Riverdale", a dark-and-edgy semi-reboot of the Archie universe with tropes ripped out from an Italian giallo movie from the 1970s. How can I describe it? Imagine "Dawson's Creek" mixed in with characters and plot devices from an Umberto Lenzi movie - actually, no, that would be an insult to Signor Lenzi's talent. I saw one minute of the damned thing and shut it off. Now, excuse me... I think I need to rewatch "To Live and Die in LA" to get that out of my head.

Avoid at all costs, if you value your sanity or any standards as a viewer of film and/or television.

Zenrac
On Friday I am going to see Blade Runner 2 for the second time. Cracking sequel. The new cinema here is a multiplex with 10 screens and plenty of restaurants, and it includes two screens totally made up of recliner seats. You can order proper food and a glass of wine and put your feet up. My kind of gig.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Ragnarok was awesome. I loved all the little Easter eggs and in-jokes.

Zenrac
An empty cinema, but for six of us. Blade Runner 2 was even better the second time around. I always go and see these movies a second time to fill in the blanks that the first showing gives, simply because you fail to take it all in the first time around.

I had a nice glass of wine and some tapas as I watched, too. Very civilised.

Now on my blu-ray list, for the new year.

President Solvite
Yes the new Bladerunner 2049 (wonders what happened to the other 2047 movies? Pfft ) is superb. I did watch the Director's cut immediately before seeing the sequel so hopefully I caught most of the nods and waves which only fans would get.

Only seen it the once but appreciated I may have missed a few subtleties many people wont get it or say its overlong etc.. But for me it conveyed a natural sense of progression from events that transpired in the original film.

Hmm suddenly I have a craving for some noodles Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Zenrac
The best version of the original movie is the 'The Final Cut', on the blu-ray. Ridley was finally, finally, finally happy with that version. It is a fantastic transfer. The remaster of the Vangelis soundtrack is superb on that blu-ray.

I recommend it.

Those big, picture/soundscape movies are always best viewed twice at the cinema. You 'get it' on the second viewing. And reading all of the online descriptions from the producers with regard the story line is a must, in-between viewings. It really does prep you for the second time around.

Noodles? Proper noodles or noodles that are like electric sheep noodles? Smile

Klenotka
Some Marvel movies again. I guess the new Thor movie got me so excited about the MCU again that I have to rewatch it all Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Klenotka wrote:

Some Marvel movies again. I guess the new Thor movie got me so excited about the MCU again that I have to rewatch it all Grin

Come to the Dork Side...we have Loki

pbs.twimg.com/media/DHRXoRmXoAAC3Gq.jpg

Klenotka
I am curious which side he will be on in Infinity Wars....probably his own Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Oh definitely. though I'm sure he has half of Odin's treasure room stuck in his various pocket dimensions.

Including the Tesseract. I can't see him abandoning that without a thought.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
9,457,682 unique visits since 8th January 2014