Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Travisina
This, it's brilliant! (Warning - contains strong language)
History of the Entire World
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
Italy seemed to have employed a Link in their Eurovision entry this year..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
sweevo
I didn't even know we were in the Eurovision this year!

briggsy1
One of the Ultra appeared in tonight's Dr.Who episode.

BradPaula
Just watched 'Florence Foster Jenkins' starring Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant. Among the cast was also David Haig (Forres from Rumours of Death). Nice.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

dragonq
I've just had a ball watching Mapp and Lucia. The EF Benson books are perennial favourites, and honestly, Miranda Richardson was born to play Elizabeth Mapp. The adaptation was quite faithful (though I couldn't understand why it avoided the mariage blanc between Georgie and Lucia), beautifully produced and acted. I watched all three episodes straight through.

Travisina
I love the EF Benson books! I've not seen the adaptation, but will seek it out. Was that the one with Nigel Hawthorne as Georgie?

dragonq
No, a new one, done only in the last year or so. I preferred this one to the Nigel Hawthorne one, which I always felt could have done with a bit more sparkle. (Though I have it on DVD.) I came away with the impression that this new one had been done by people who really loved the books. If you're a fan, I am sure you'll love it. There are liberties taken with the order of the stories, but it all works beautifully. For example, they transport the guru incident from Riseholme to Tilling. I hope they do some more episodes.

Ellen York
Travisina wrote:

This, it's brilliant! (Warning - contains strong language)
History of the Entire World

That is great, space dust to pocket computers in 20 minutes!

President Solvite
Hmm watched 2012 version of Dredd with Karl Urban..

Amazing? Well it passed the time, for me it lacked much of the original concept of the original and to me felt a bit of a 'mish-mash' of Miami Vice and Doom. (with less humour) Yes Dredd keeps his helmet on all through the film! But I think the '95 effort has more re-watch appeal than this offering and felt more Dredd-ish ultimately in my opinion.

Visually it looked good albeit a bit low budget. The drug induced visions , did add an interesting dimension but not enough in a good way to bring me around to loving this. Yes, I know that the first film wasn't perfect either but on a commercial note it fared much better. This 2012 incarnation seemed too obsessed with making it a gratuitous violent affair. Give me the Angel Gang, Rico and Griffin over some non-descript drug baron any day! Whereas the former seemed to maintain a purer aspect to the comic if you can get around the fact that Dredd takes his helmet off 10 minutes in. Personally I also have no problem with Stallone's acting, he's fine in that role.

sweevo
You can enjoy Stallone's magnificence as Judge Dredd here: https://www.youtu...tmNiTwHOsM

Gauda Cheese
So we all watched Twin Peaks yet?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Joe Dredd
President Solvite wrote:

Hmm watched 2012 version of Dredd with Karl Urban..

Leaving the Judge's uniforms aside, I love the visuals of the 1995 movie, though the whole "Dredd gets arrested" thing wasn't the right direction to go in for a first movie. It was like watching a Batman movie where you see Batman for the first 10 minutes and then spend the rest of the film following Bruce Wayne about.

Urban did a great job playing Dredd in the 2012 version, but it's too unremittingly violent (and sweary) for me. The Judge Dredd strip isn't all about Dredd spending all day gunning everyone down. The lack of budget didn't help, meaning it had that "20 minutes into the future" look rather than a futuristic supercity vibe, but I don't know why they made it so bleak and violent. They could've toned it down a bit, opening it up to a larger (younger) audience and perhaps making back enough money to get a shot at a sequel.

On the positive side, there's talk of a "Judge Dredd: Mega City 1" TV series coming in 2019 or thereabouts. If they get this right - police procedural with core cast of Judges, the crazy city, the high level politics, etc - it could be really good.

President Solvite
The Batman films are pretty poor agreed, although Batman Begins (I think) is ok.

I still have a fondness for the old camp 60's Film/series..

THWAK! OOF! and KAPOW!

and of course Robin's immortal line from the film;

Holy bikini, that was close!

Edited by President Solvite on 23 May 2017 19:36:24

Joe Dredd
I love the Adam West "Batman" movie - "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Back on Judge Dredd, there's a great fan-made movie called "Judge Minty" that's fully authorised and worth watching. Travisina gave it the thumbs up (in the Spotted thread, I seem to recall).

The same team have made a movie about one of Dredd's stablemates from 2000AD, mutant & bounty hunter Johnny Alpha. It's been years in the making and has been made available on YouTube just hours ago: Search/Destroy

sweevo
Attempting the impossible by sitting through ALL of the late great Sir Roger Moore's 007 films (for the record, "Live and Let Die" is my least favourite while my favourite is a tie between "For Your Eyes Only" and "A View to a Kill" ).

Gauda Cheese
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Really? No one?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

sweevo
I don't have a television, so that's me out of the running.

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Really? No one?

I'm curious to see it, but I think it's on something we don't have (Netflix?).

That said, I loved the original series and even bought the CD of the music, but I think it lost its way, as so many series do - and I never saw 'Fire Walk With Me', so I've probably got some catching up to do anyway.

BradPaula
Watched 'Kinky Boots' and was mildly amused it was set in Northampton! We've been there! lol
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
9,881,254 unique visits since 8th January 2014