Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 897
· Newest Rebel: boroboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [13 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 93
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Spaceship Dispatcher
As the original thread had reached 50 pages and almost 1000 posts, this is the new What are you watching? thread.

Our current regular viewing as a family consists of:

Doctor Who s34/8, NCIS s2, The A-Team s2, The Fellows, Count Duckula s2 and Great British Railway Journeys
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

purplecleric
Good idea, SD.

My current list of regular treats is:

Fortitude, S2 Lewis, Exant, Dr Who (Genesis of the Daleks-no idea what season that is) and I'm trying to finish off American Horror Story (Freak Show).

Vintage A-Team rocks - perfect 'brain in neutral' enjoyment.

Travisina
Sporadically and in no particular order (repeats, new eps, whatever):
NCIS
CSI (all different flavours)
Castle
The Mentalist

These are all 'winding down at the end of the day' programmes, and I'm usually asleep before I find out whodunwhat.

Law & Order Criminal Intent - my daytime guilty pleasure when I'm working from home, the only one that I do actually stay awake throughout (grateful thanks to purplecleric for the recommendation Smile ).

Will be embarking on 'Firefly' soon - DVD's borrowed from the Supreme Commander and she wants them back!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

Yes! Very simple plots but lots of fun to watch, so long as you like the leading cast! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Gauda Cheese
I'm about to watch Banshee
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

purplecleric wrote:

...Dr Who (Genesis of the Daleks-no idea what season that is)....

If memory serves, Genesis is series 12. I'm a long time Classic Who fan...

Definitely season 12. Happy

Panna
purplecleric wrote:

Good idea, SD.

My current list of regular treats is:

Fortitude, S2 Lewis, Exant, Dr Who (Genesis of the Daleks-no idea what season that is) and I'm trying to finish off American Horror Story (Freak Show).

If memory serves, Genesis is series 12. I'm a long time Classic Who fan, I used to have all that stuff memorized when I was a kid.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Well, I'm going to check out more of The Invisible Man (1975) with David McCallum.
I've also been rewatching the Walking Dead Season 1 on Netflix.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

Well, I'm going to check out more of The Invisible Man (1975) with David McCallum.

Watched that a year or so back and found it enjoyable but disappointing. It's a great premise, but after the first couple of episodes the show abandoned the science fiction potential and reverted to using invisibility as a gimmick for a few generic cop show 'corrupt sheriff' stories. The regulars are good, and there's one episode later on called Power Play that does go back to the sf premise and imo it was the best episode of them all!

Panna
I figured it did something like that. For some reason I was getting a David Banner Incredible Hulk 70s vibe.
However, I dislike most tv made after 1995, so what else can I do? LOL There's something about mid sixties to late 70s tv that draws me.

Panna
Ooh, this Invisible Man show reminds me of the Six Million Dollar man, I haven't seen that since I was 4 or so. I hope one the the retro tv channels shows it again.

Panna
Watching Episode 3 of the Invisble Man. Already it has turned into something like Knightrider, but it's not too bad. Sapphire and Steel is better IMHO. Pity the actors wouldn't do more series.

briggsy1
Watched 2001:A Space Odyssey last night for first time in several years. Still a great film - the scene where HAL lip reads Bowman and Poole's conversation in the pod still sends a shiver up my spine. Shame I wasn't born early enough to go and see it at the cinema in all in it's glory.

Travisina
briggsy1 wrote:

Watched 2001:A Space Odyssey last night for first time in several years. Still a great film - the scene where HAL lip reads Bowman and Poole's conversation in the pod still sends a shiver up my spine. Shame I wasn't born early enough to go and see it at the cinema in all in it's glory.

It's my favourite film of all time, Briggsy.
I think I was 10 when my parents took me to see it at the Empire Leicester Square, and it had the most profound effect on me, that I've never got over. I've seen it many many times since, and it still gives me the shivers. The music, the photography, one of the best edits in the history of cinema (bone to space station in 1/24th of a second), the normalcy of space travel and the surreal final sequence. No, I have no idea what it means - I didn't as a 10-year old and still don't now - but I don't care. It's the awe and magnificence - and the tragic character of HAL, driven mad and to murder by having to keep a secret - that I love.

It still comes on at the cinema from time to time, most recently at the BFI on the same evening as the B7 event last year. Seeing the display:
NFT 1 -
6.00pm Blake's 7
8.00pm 2001: A Space Odyssey

made me smile and smile and smile!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
briggsy1 wrote:

I saw it at our local cinema several times (when it first came out); the last time at a small cinema in Southampton called the Classic. I can recall my dear Dad whispering in my ear "What's going on? What's it all about? Etc..he was still going on as we left the cinema when the Star Child came on...one used to leave early so as to miss the National Athem! In them days, the moment that started up everyone stopped dead..and anyone who dared to move was soundly scolded...Don't laugh, but I used to reach for the off switch at home to try and beat the National Athem when the TV closed down.
One of my abiding memories of TV closing down, is of the station announcer just after Quatermass and the Pit had finished..."Well, I hope you enjoyed that..I have to go home now, in the dark ...."
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Klenotka
So I got to season 5 of Babylon 5 and if there wasnīt that annyoing Byron character and the whole storyline with telepaths, I may call it the best. It is hard to choose the best season but it seems to me that since JMS knew this was the last season, he decided to experiment and yet to keep it together. All the stories, streched through 5 seasons were closed. I dread the moment I get to final few episodes because I am going to cry like crazy again.
I just got to my favourite episodes - the one with two repair men commenting the "big" story (A view from the gallery) and Neil Gaimanīs Day of the dead. This episode would have never worked in previous seasons, as they dealt with a destiny of the universe. But season 5 was smaller, more low key and this episode was perfectly suited to the tone. Also, it gave us a bit of a knowledge of Lochleyīs character who never got as much attention as she would have deserved.
Donīt be Lasagne

rojkerr1
Enemy at the door, disneys the Black hole, Logans run the series

Panna
briggsy1 wrote:

Ditto! I recorded it when it came on TCM. I can't get my family into it though.

Panna
As usual, the Oscars are boring me. I'm gonna watch The Walking Dead in a few.

Klenotka
I am still waiting when anyone from new hosts will top Hugh Jackmanīs opening...

I like Neil Patrick Harris but he is hosting everything these days and he is getting a bit stale.
Donīt be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.72 seconds
8,482,368 unique visits since 8th January 2014