Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 888
· Newest Rebel: Grendel

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [15 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
6% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [12 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [5 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [14 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [12 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
7% [6 Votes]

Votes: 85
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What games are you playing?
sweevo
"Agony" on the Amiga... mainly for its awesome theme tune and that it's one of the few Amiga games to support 2 separate fire buttons.

sweevo
Finally, I'm going to get to play "Grand Theft Auto 5" on the PC... and it will be glorious. Smile

sweevo
GTA 5 is the coolest game I have ever played! Ha ha ha! (laughs maniacally) Smile Smile

Travisina
This! Oh, joy, THIS! H2G2
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

This! Oh, joy, THIS! H2G2

This looks like an old game I played in the early 90's but with new graphics. The giveaway was finding the aspirin in the pocket.

Joe Dredd
Yes, that's the Infocom HHG text adventure. I seem to recall that DNA let the BBC put it up when he was still alive. (The rights reverted to him at some stage which is why Activision, who bought Infocom way back, haven't been able to include it on later compilations or on the current iPad app.) The BBC had a competition to add graphics to their on line version and they ended up with two winners. Peter Lord (who KJD worked for doing the animated TV graphics) was involved too.

I've still got the copy I bought on 5.25" floppy when it came out in 1984. I had a Commodore 64 but I couldn't play the game until I'd saved up for a disk drive (which took ages). DNA autographed it for me in 1998(?) when he was out here promoting Starship Titanic. (Though his pen ran out halfway through so it looks a bit cacky in two types of pen. Also he signed it on the 'brochure' side of the pages I opened it up to for him instead of the instruction side like I wanted.)

Anyway, I agree - great game! I was always a fan of text adventures and Infocom did some of the best. "Snare", the fannish B7 text adventure has the same look and feel of an Infocom game, plus a reasonable vocabulary, though it doesn't have a nice graphical update like the on line HHG.

Have fun T!

Gauda Cheese
the new DOOM
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

BradPaula
This weekend, Dungeons & Dragons and we're 2/3 of the way through the campaign. I think we've gamed 13 hours in two days- so only about 6 hours to go and we're done or dead.

President Solvite
Numerous card and board games with friends and family for the past few days..

Including...

No Thanks! , Dixit, and Guillotine, card games of various types and 'Mexican Train' - an interesting variation on the old Dominoes game.

We're so lucky to have a decent games shop in our town. I must say playing them beats watching Xmas telly every time. Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

This weekend, Dungeons & Dragons and we're 2/3 of the way through the campaign. I think we've gamed 13 hours in two days- so only about 6 hours to go and we're done or dead.

I remember one New Year's Eve (mid-'80s) - I was on a skiing holiday in the French Alps with a group of friends. Trivial Pursuit was the new latest craze, and we were so engrossed in our game we missed midnight! Suddenly all the bells were ringing in the village; we looked at each other and muttered 'Happy New Year - whose turn is it?'

Anniew
Bingo and family fortunes with Grandkids. Latter more challenging than you might think. By heck there are some weird 'audience' responses to the prompt!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Oh and rummy and whist!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
About a thousand games of 'Wink Murder' at the dinner table with the kids. Plus a lot of 'tips' in the back yard. Oh, and one game of Cluedo (Sherlock edition - Mycroft did it).

sweevo
"Hexen: Beyond Heretic" and "Quake 2", both on Steam (I recommend playing "Hexen" with a Doom-compatible source port such as GZDoom and Doomsday Engine, which modernises the gameplay with enhanced resolution and gameplay mechanics such as mouselook and jumping/crouching).

JustBrad
Playing Jade Empire for the first time in ages and Loving It.

sweevo
"Hexen: Serpent Resurrection", a fan-made mod for the Doom engine which concludes the story of the Serpent Riders (Heretic, Hexen, Hexen 2).

Lurena
Testing Virtual Reality gear for a friend; game Elite Dangerous Horizons (!)
With the voices of several well-known actors.
Watch and listen to this demo.
Some are (cynical) interactive. : D Great fun!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Travisina

How fab is that? What a brilliant start to the morning, sending me off to work (yes, working on a Sunday) - with a huge grin on my face. Thanks for the link, Lurena!

President Solvite
Elite what a brilliant game that was..

This looks interesting, and much prettier than the old 8 bit version.

Nice to hear some familiar voices too Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
meegat39
Just to say I have been playing Club Penguin - which is aimed at children but very enjoyable. It's closing down soon but if anyone fancied giving it a whirl I recommend playing Ice Fishing and Pizzatron. Oh it's a free online site.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
7,932,507 unique visits since 8th January 2014