Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha Event 07.06.15
Anniew
Just want to thank Ian Kubiak for a terrific piece of organisation. Such a great day out.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ian Kubiak
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

This is an excellent event, really well organised and relaxed. The main cast are just taking part in the photo shoot before their interview panel...

You had to say it didnt you?! LOL

Ian Kubiak
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Slightly chaotic near the end of the event today, with the time taken to have an autograph panel with six regular cast members being very much under estimated! But the organisers are still doing a good job and the events are still going on as I write...

Thank you.

Lurena
Envie here!
I'm looking forward to your reports!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Ian Kubiak
meegat39 wrote:

I'm also home now. I had about ten minutes spare in the end when I got to the train station on the way back, so I'm glad I left when I did, but sad I missed the B7 panel. Looking forward to hearing what was said/asked etc. Lovely to see everyone today and SD thanks for helping with my shopping!!

Glad you made your train!

Ian Kubiak
Anniew wrote:

Really great to meet you all and to be made so welcome! Fairly shattering day! The last panel was great but could have been so much longer. But it was a day full of heart. Wonderful. Can't wait till return to GP now. You are such a lovely lot!

Yes it could of! Smile

Ian Kubiak
trevor travis wrote:

Lots of fun yesterday - nice to meet up with some people for the first time and some people again!

I thought the first panel was particularly interesting. The directors were major players in the making of the programme, so Andrew Morgan & Vivienne Couzens were very interesting to hear from, and of course Matt Irvine is always a good guest.

The con was a little chaotic towards the end of the day, and I'm sure Ian Kubiak learnt loads as to how to put on future cons. To be honest, I didn't mind, he'd put together such a good guest list in the first place, there were several coups such as the fact I know have a signed photo from Josette Simon, and unlike the organisers of Dimensions 2013, he does give a damn, and for example, he promised to get signatures for those unlucky to miss out on Jan and Sally.

It was a bit bizarre when I signed some copies of Blake's Heaven (seems the wrong way around!!), and it was nice to meet up with some of my fellow contributors. Having wrote the chapter for the Independent Audios, it was nice to have a chat with Alan Stevens. I really rate both his trio of B7 audios and the subsequent Kaldor City series.

All-in-all an enjoyable day, and glad I decided to stick around for Gareth, Michael and Brian at the end. Brian is a laugh a minute, such as when he took a 'phone call' from Servalan. And the rest of the galaxy beware, because Travis & Travis were in conversation throughout the photo shoot!

Thank you for your comments

Ian Kubiak
Cygnus Alpha
The Aftermath
Now that the dust has settled and the is car unpacked, it is time to reflect upon the event.
I know that some people may have lost out on getting autographs. The guests who had to leave at 5pm have agreed to sign up everyone’s items who handed them in. These will be signed and sent out as quickly as possible. I will update everyone via social media and the website with how this process is going.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Enough of the negative things, now onto the positive…

The event has raised over £300 for Parkinson’s UK. A huge thank you to all who bought raffle tickets and congratulations to the winners.

All the guests have said how much they enjoyed the event and how lovely each and every one of you were and it was only because of how much love and appreciation they felt by everyone that the last panel of the day was able to take place at their suggestion.

I have received lots of messages and emails over the last day or so from attendees saying how much they enjoyed the event. Thank you all for your messages, I will reply to them all soon.

I would like thank everyone who helped me to put on the event. It would not have been possible to run it without you. You were all amazing!

I would like to thank those who bought the costumes and Mat Irvine who bought lots of original props and models.

I would like to thank the staff of The Lost Theatre.

I have really enjoyed putting on my first event and all of the challenges that it presented. I have learnt a lot of things by doing it.

Thanks to all of you for coming and one last thank you needs to go to my wife who had to put up with me for the last few months.

Thank you!

Ian

Travisina
Reviews by Spaceship Dispatcher, Anniew, Mistletoe12 and me are now up on the website here:

Cygnus Alpha

If anyone else would like to contribute reports / reminiscences / photos, please let me know!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Excellent! Thanks Travisina, I look forward to reading through them Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
That's great Travisina. Really enjoyed reading all the articles. Brought it all back. Perhaps the biggest surprise for me was that Travis 1 is still hot and Michael looks incredibly fit - all that rambling! ( Hark at me - one convention and it's as if I know them personally.)
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ellen York
Sounds like a wonderful day; I'm a bit envious. RTGP3 can't get here fast enough Smile

clanger68
Great write ups people.

I only took a few photos, will get those up soon.

Congratulations Ian and team, a fantastic event, thoroughly enjoyed it, a shame but I didn't seem to have any time to spend with people though, felt like a bottle being tossed about in a storm.

Lovely to see the people I did, hopefully catch up properly at RTGP3

Could have listened to the Directors for much longer, interesting people.

Cheers,

Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
trevor travis
Fantastic write-ups guys, I will get mine done, hopefully in the next few days.

Mistletoe12
Great photo selections, Travisina! I, too loved reading the articles, it really was a lovely day, and look forward to TT's and everyone else's reminiscences. Grin

Ian Kubiak
Just to let you know that all autograph orders and those of you who handed in items have now been sent in the post. Items should start arriving later in the week. International orders will take longer. If you have any questions, please email.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,836,232 unique visits since 8th January 2014