Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
Lurena

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Is Travis actually dead?
Ellen York
Travisina wrote:

There was a badge or poster doing the rounds at an American convention that said: "It was a test - Blake wore a vest"
so Blake can be alive if the author so wishes...

How sad is it that the last time I watched the final episode, I was considering the possibility that Blake was wearing some type of body armor (I've read several fics that used that explanation for him surviving). But it looks to me like his shirt is open far enough that it would have been visible, so that pokes a hole in the theory.

peladon
Ellen York wrote:

Travisina wrote:

There was a badge or poster doing the rounds at an American convention that said: "It was a test - Blake wore a vest"
so Blake can be alive if the author so wishes...

How sad is it that the last time I watched the final episode, I was considering the possibility that Blake was wearing some type of body armor (I've read several fics that used that explanation for him surviving). But it looks to me like his shirt is open far enough that it would have been visible, so that pokes a hole in the theory.

On the contrary to me thats always seemed one reason to assume that what you think you see is not what is actually there. To quote myself Cool
'.... the image of Blake as he came into the tracking gallery rose up in his mind. The grubby padded gillet, the low slung belt, the white sleeves of the shirt stark even in the shadows. A shirt open to the waist. Avon's hand crept up to his own chest, his fingers rubbing the shirt against his slowly warming skin as he narrowed his eyes as if to better see the other man. It was a strange costume for a bounty hunter surely? Impractical wear in the chilly mists of the autumn forests, and an open invitation to even a half decent marksman. Or anyone with a weapon come to that. Here is my heart see if you can hit it! Even if he chose not to wear protective clothing, and surely that would be standard issue for a bounty hunter in a forest where a sniper could be behind any tree, such behavior was too careless to be real. To flaunt his vulnerability like that would take a more stupid man than Blake had been. '

There is no reason to assume that the body armour was not full torso, flesh coloured and worn beneath the shirt - nece he would not feel cold in the forest or worry about snipers - or other bounty hunters. The impossible thing for a half rational person to beleive is that he would go around dressed as he appears to be given his location and occupation, and as we know he is dressed the same way when out at night in the plantatiions then something is protecting him from the cold and danger.

peladon
trevor travis wrote:

peladon wrote:

Rodney wrote:

They're all dead, even Avon. Maybe Slave was salvaged by one of those bounty hunters, though.

No,there is no hard evidence that they are dead, it was filmed so that there would not be given that it was a cliff hanger. Even Blake and the blood is easy enough to get around.

Well it can be, but I normally stop reading any PGP the moment Blake is in it and alive... too much of a cop out.

Ah yes, but then you want to think he is dead as its important to your view of the final series.Grin As for cop out I'd say it depends on how it is handled surely.

trevor travis
peladon wrote:
Ah yes, but then you want to think he is dead as its important to your view of the final series.Grin As for cop out I'd say it depends on how it is handled surely.

I guess so, but he's just SO dead. If you watch it frame-by-frame, there's so much blood (thanks to Gareth going a little OTT with the explosive charge!! Grin )

And it's not just because it's the final series. B7 treats death as final across every episode. In e.g. some American telefantasy series, supposedly dead characters re-appear all the time. The only time that happens in B7 is with Servalan following "Terminal" and even then we don't see a dead body, the last we see of her is throwing herself into the teleport.

In B7, the dead stay dead.

Although of course fanfic does give a chance to play e.g. I've resurrected Gan on the pretence that Blake doesn't fully check he's completely dead.

But as far as Blake is concerned, well you could pick him up and bang him against a table and he wouldn't move. He's an ex-rebel leader Wink

peladon
trevor travis wrote:

In B7, the dead stay dead.

Although of course fanfic does give a chance to play e.g. I've resurrected Gan on the pretence that Blake doesn't fully check he's completely dead.

But as far as Blake is concerned, well you could pick him up and bang him against a table and he wouldn't move. He's an ex-rebel leader Wink

Not sure than you can say that as I cant recall anything comparable. Major characters dont really die, Travis's disappearence could have as much to with the war as Avon shooting him. Certainly there are instances of dead people who arent going to be coming back, but usually the circumstances determine that Even in the case of Gan we see him apparently die but we dont know that he remains that way, or even that he is, and there are some less than conventional instances of the dead. Also B7 often hung plots off things not being quite what the viewer first thought they were, or even thought they were at all.

trevor travis
peladon wrote:
Not sure than you can say that as I cant recall anything comparable. Major characters dont really die, Travis's disappearence could have as much to with the war as Avon shooting him. Certainly there are instances of dead people who arent going to be coming back, but usually the circumstances determine that Even in the case of Gan we see him apparently die but we dont know that he remains that way, or even that he is, and there are some less than conventional instances of the dead. Also B7 often hung plots off things not being quite what the viewer first thought they were, or even thought they were at all.

Travis is shot by Blake, shot by Avon and then falls down a nuclear reactor. I would say the odds probably favour him not surviving that!! Grin

I know what you mean with Gan; they do beat a pretty hasty retreat and Blake is no medical expert.

However, Blake's death is extremely bloody. Given that it is definitely Blake (no clone could have given that speech to Deva; it's pure Blake) and that he's very definitely shot dead, it's hard to see how there's a way out of that particular one, without stretching the bounds of credibility slightly too far.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.25 seconds
9,819,200 unique visits since 8th January 2014