Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
Information

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Thunderbirds
Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The model vehicles move over the ground so realistically! Still love the half track model too.

Half the fun is seeing all the life-like models and that is one reason I don't subscribe to this new version of Thunderbirds being all CGI instead of good old model work and marionettes.

grrrrr... must tell Travisina that the swear filter still isn't blocking C*I...

Grin

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
I'm all for CGI in the right circumstances and in fact it can enhance a film, but to rely on it like Lucas did for the last few Star Wars- is poor judgement imo.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
"I'm going up to the lounge to wait for the next call from Brains"

They didn't quite predict the relative ease of modern communication technology Grin

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
It's a shame that more time wasn't spent on setting this story up...

BradPaula

"I'm going up to the lounge to wait for the next call from Brains"

They didn't quite predict the relative ease of modern communication technology Grin

Kind of like having important functions of the Liberator at the consoles around the couches instead of being routed through the pilot's or navigation stations. What Avon needed to do was to run a cord from the couches to the various stations, a real jury-rigged job, kind of like 'hot wiring' a car.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm going to try and fit my other favourite episodes in before you lose Friday afternoons to the spring. We had The Uninvited last week; that leaves End of the Road, Danger at Ocean Deep and Attack of the Aligators...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The temple set is quite impressive itself really.

BradPaula
Attack of the Alligators! That was a good one- we laughed and laughed!

BradPaula

It's hard to judge scale. Weren't the puppets about 18 inches or so?

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

It's hard to judge scale. Weren't the puppets about 18 inches or so?

about that, yes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Definitely Stingray territory! Grin

BradPaula
And the goofy ending music.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The way they shot underwater scenes was clever, with a water tank between the camera and everything else.

BradPaula
Play that timpani!

BradPaula

The way they shot underwater scenes was clever, with a water tank between the camera and everything else.

There's an old children's serial that was shot in the early 1950's called Diver Dan, which I adored and they shot the underwater scenes like that with little fish darting around in a tank. It worked for the time and because I was a child.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Decent episode as usual, thanks for sharing Paula Grin

BradPaula
Yes, thanks for watching with me, SD. All the best. 'Night.

JustBrad

BradPaula wrote:

Brad was telling me that our Army has planes like Thunderbird 5 in that they can choose the type of body of the plane for different applications. Maybe someone watched Thunderbirds as a kid?

can you ask him what type they are, so I can look them up?

The F117 Stealth Fighter, among others, can be loaded with different internal pods depending on the mission. Some amphibious assault ships in both the RN and the USN have replaceable modules (roughly the aft quarter of the ship) that can be changed out depending on the mission. These ships usually carry marines and their landing craft and helicopters, but can be changed over to anti submarine warfare or ground support.
Edited by JustBrad on 07 February 2015 22:22:43

Spaceship Dispatcher
Many thanks Brad! Happy

JustBrad
And a new one. Our American tax dollars at work.

http://www.navy.m...index.html

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.81 seconds
9,795,328 unique visits since 8th January 2014