Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Region 1 DVDs--will there ever be any?
zooeyhall
As a U.S. fan of the series, I have been searching for a DVD set of the series. A full set of the classic series is available on Amazon, but it is only Region 2.

Has there been, or does there exist, or will there be any plans for Blakes 7 to be released on DVD for all of the U.S. fans out there? I've done some research, but haven't found any answers yet.

BradPaula
Being a fellow American I can state that there has never been an American release of Blake's 7. Years ago we decided that in order to even have a set of discs for Blake's 7 we would have to buy a set of Region 2 discs and get a multi-region dvd player. They aren't that expensive any more and it works well.

As for a future plan for an American release of Blake's 7, we can only hope, but I would not hold my breath as it's been what- 37 years almost and still no American release. So I would recommend the multi-region dvd player and British discs as pretty much the only alternative.

There were American VHS tapes released, but in this day and age, the VHS tape is a dinosaur- and although we have all the VHS tapes- we won't part with them as they are full of nice artwork and besides, they're part of Blake's 7 history.

Wish I had better news- sorry. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

mrsbookmark
I'm thinking to get a multi-system DVD player. There are too many shows I want right now, and I can't pin my hopes on them being released for Japanese format. Sometimes, they release and then cancel. I got DVD's for Babylon 5, only to discover they only had seasons 1-3 available; the rest had to be import only with other regions. ACK!!

BradPaula
Exactly, mrsbookmark. There have been times I've wanted a certain disc and find they are only being brought out in region 2. So now, since I can play them and any other format, I have a larger choice of shows and can see things I've only dreamed of before.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm waiting impatiently for Mystery Woman and The Man From UNCLE to get region 2 releases... Angry

Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

zooeyhall
Several members have suggested getting a "multi-region" DVD player. However I haven't yet found one. There doesn't seem to be any multi-region capable players manufactured, that I can find. The players that are out there labeled "multi-regional" seem to be ordinary DVD players that have been modified with dubious "hacks" to the firmware. I think this method is doubtful and has questions regarding reliability and warranty service.

JustBrad
zooeyhall wrote:

Several members have suggested getting a "multi-region" DVD player. However I haven't yet found one. There doesn't seem to be any multi-region capable players manufactured, that I can find.

Are you looking for one for your computer, or to hook up to your TV?

Spaceresearcher
On this subject I will point out one very important fact. That is 'Picture Quality'.

It's a well established fact that when it comes to US releases and UK/Australian/European releases, what you will find is that the US releases are in NTSC format, where as just about everyone else is in PAL format. From what I've looked into and seen, the PAL format gives you the superior picture. Most TV's these days will accept NTSC and PAL, so honestly as BradPaula pointed out, your best off grabbing the UK releases in PAL format and ensuring you have a region free DVD player(most can be set to region '0' which will make them practically region free for most titles) and a TV or screen that can handle both formats(which is practically every single TV made these days).

So don't sweat the small stuff as they say, jump on Amazon UK (or even better contact the Supreme Commander on this very site as she may have some very special signed DVD boxed set editions still available which are very nice and special) and use those.

You'll have better picture quality and they will provide you with endless re-watches of always spectacular Blakes 7.

One more thing, make sure your not suckered in by the cheaper 2 Entertain/Just Entertainment release of the series. Yes it is a darn site cheaper but it's missing all the special features and really nice menu system(complete with Easter Eggs) that is featured on the original 'FABULOUS FILMS' release.

I've got both as I use the 2 Entertain version as a lend it out copy to those who have not seen Blakes 7 yet(I know fellow fans, shocking isn't it?). Without a doubt the Fabulous films release blows the new cheaper alternative out of the water and shoots it for target practice.

In short if your not sure, then please do get in touch with Supreme commander as the original releases really are superb and well worth the price and as mentioned you may be fortunate enough to still obtain a very beautiful signed by the actual actors and creators sets which you'll cherish for years(no one is allowed near my personal set. lol). That said I'm certain Amazon UK has them in stock so don't wait, grab a set and have a ball Blakes 7 style. Smile

Ela
So, how do you set a DVD player to region 0?

Inquiring minds want to know. Wink

sweevo
There is usually a hidden code or password which needs to be inputted when the DVD player boots up. The code varies from player to player, depending on the manufacturer and model. You may have to Google it to find the code.

Ela
Thanks. I'll look into it. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.31 seconds
9,467,648 unique visits since 8th January 2014