Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Sapphire & Steel and Space:1999
Panna
Ah, squeezing the Americans is why my local PBS station dropped Doctor Who 20 years ago. I'm still traumatized.
anyway I don't know what's going on, but it looks great! LOL
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

BradPaula
It certainly is different between the UK and US modes of creating a television series. A studio here would buy the 'rights' to an idea or book, and secure the money and then make a pilot for the series. Then they'd shop it to the various networks to see if they'd buy it for transmission. Then if the numbers were good (the volume of people watching) they'd either order X number of programs or cancel plans to go ahead with the series.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

Ah, squeezing the Americans is why my local PBS station dropped Doctor Who 20 years ago. I'm still traumatized.

Entirely correct. The good old days in Chicago, we could watch over 5 hours of British television on Sunday evenings. Masterpiece theatre, Monty Python, Dave Allen at Large, a complete story of Doctor Who, and finishing off with The Two Ronnies. Not so now.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

The basic premise of Space:1999 is that a nuclear accident has thrown the Moon out into space and, thanks to shortcuts through 'wormholes' etc, the stranded crew of the moonbase spend the series trying to find a new planet to settle on before they run out of supplies, oxygen, water etc.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Yum! Space melon!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

A studio here would buy the 'rights' to an idea or book, and secure the money and then make a pilot for the series. Then they'd shop it to the various networks to see if they'd buy it for transmission. Then if the numbers were good (the volume of people watching) they'd either order X number of programs or cancel plans to go ahead with the series.

Indeed - we still don't do pilot episodes over here; you either have the money to make the whole lot up front, or you don't start. Both approaches have their merits...

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Yum! Space melon!

Melons?! Yuk.

2139 Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Wow! The approach of the dust storm was a good effect!

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

Entirely correct. The good old days in Chicago, we could watch over 5 hours of British television on Sunday evenings. Masterpiece theatre, Monty Python, Dave Allen at Large, a complete story of Doctor Who, and finishing off with The Two Ronnies. Not so now.

Ah, I'm from your poorer sister city in Missouri, near STL.
Our PBS station seemed to drag it's feet to get the same stuff other stations had. Then they'd show it late Sunday night.
Off topic, I miss the old Mystery and Masterpeice Theater when they were seperate shows. I miss Alister Cook and Vincent Price. Happy Childhoold memories...sigh
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Neat tornado or whatever!

BradPaula
Yes, they combined Masterpiece and Mystery together, haven't they. I'm still a PBS member and have been enjoying the latest series of Inspector Lewis and The Great British Baking Show.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

It certainly beats plastic rocks and cat litter like classic DW and B7 had!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

...have been enjoying the latest series of Inspector Lewis and The Great British Baking Show.

Dad watches Lewis, but we have never been drawn to the huge Bake-off phenomon...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Russell incidentally is played by Richard Johnson.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

...have been enjoying the latest series of Inspector Lewis and The Great British Baking Show.

Dad watches Lewis, but we have never been drawn to the huge Bake-off phenomon...

Yes, but you know me- loves to bake and watch all the latest cookery type programs.

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

did they really use cat litter?! LMAO

Panna
That's how Homeworld should have looked if there had been a budget.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Russell reminds me Inspector Goole in the famous play, An Inspector Calls...

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

[quote]Panna wrote:

did they really use cat litter?! LMAO

That and vermiculite often. Being a gardener, I easily spotted that.
Edited by BradPaula on 14 January 2015 21:49:30

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

That's how Homeworld should have looked if there had been a budget.

Yes! Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,912,662 unique visits since 8th January 2014