Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Unstoppable's B7 Trading Cards
wall1885
briggsy1 wrote:

These trading cards remind me of the bubblegum cards from my youth. I remember collecting the Superman ones which featured (if my memory serves me right) a still from the film with facts about one of the major characters on the reverse. Does anyone else remember these?

I'm sad enough to have an unopened packet of Planet of the Apes cards from the TV Series (about 1975 I think) - with the bubble gum still inside

wall1885
I'm still pleased with the cards but if I could give constructive criticism then it would be

Blake auto should have been a photo from Series 3 or 4 final episode

Travis auto should not have been included (seeing as he didnt appear in Series 3 or 4)

I would have liked autos of characters like
Colin Baker (Bayban the Butcher)
Andrew Burt (Jarvik)
Ric Young (Ginka)
Lorna Heilbron (Anna Grant)
Deep Roy (Moloch - amongst others)
Dicken Ashworth (Gunn Sar)
John Savident (Egrorian)
David Collings (Deva)

or even
Roger Murray-Leach (Liberator designer)
Matt Irvine (special effects)
Chris Boucher (writer/script editor)

finally the multi signed cards- how many times do I need Steven Pacey's auto (nothing personal)- Tarrant sole auto, Tarrant/Vila auto, Tarrant/Avon auto, Tarrant/Avon/Vila auto

on the other hand I'm happy (& mildly surprised) that Josette Simon signed the cards- the impression I have had since the mid to late 1980's (& I think a few of you will agree) is that she wants to distance herself from B7- I'm glad she's been involved

I wouldnt be a fan if I didnt have a few criticisms, but overall I am pleased- I just would have done a few things differently.........it still bugs me that there are so many print plate & sketch cards out there, but one day I'll get over it ;-)

Robe
Have to agree while it is great we have all the living regulars doing autos, we do only need one version per card series. We could have done with 5 more quest stars from the list above or my list. Likewise the scarred Bounty Hunter Blake would have been a better choice.

littlesue
briggsy1 wrote:

These trading cards remind me of the bubblegum cards from my youth. I remember collecting the Superman ones which featured (if my memory serves me right) a still from the film with facts about one of the major characters on the reverse. Does anyone else remember these?

I have a complete set of The Champions Bubblegum cards....however, being but 15 back in the late 60's and not realising just how valuable they would become, I stuck...yes stuck, the first few into a scrapbook, the others I put in using photo corners. I'm hoping that the old glue will eventually degrade and the cards will come out! I also have a complete set of the Man from Uncle cards. Got them off Ebay years ago!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Robe
I have a William Gaunt (of the Champions) auto from Unstoppable's The Avengers 50th card set.
I also have Robert Vaughn as Napoleon Solo auto card from the cancelled Strictly Ink Man from UNCLE card series.

Robe
Well it looks like those of us who sent away our Jacqueline Pearce redemption cards will soon get her autos. Unstoppable have been sending them out to Card Dealers.
I received by Pearce Auto for series 2 on Friday.

Robe
Okay anyone received their series 1 Pearce auto cards yet?

wall1885
I received my Redeemed sketch & Servalan costume card last week, but I'm still waiting for my Servalan & Servalan/Travis dual auto cards.

I speak with Barrie from Unstoppable quite a bit & I gather that Customs (the cards are coming from South Africa) have been the cause of the delay

Robe
I think they sent the dual auto card off to Pearce to sign before Greif signed them. So once they received them back from Africa I think they had to send them round to Greif to sign.

Robe
Well they finally arrived I now have Pearce and Pearce Greif auto cards finally.Happy

wall1885
Robe wrote:

Well they finally arrived I now have Pearce and Pearce Greif auto cards finally.Happy

I came home from work & my 2 were waiting for me - so that's Series 1 complete- it's great to have the full set of autos. For me my Series 1 collection is complete.

I have no intention of trying to get too many more sketch or print plate cards.

I'm lucky enough to have 15 print plate cards (some from each of series 1 & 2) plus 1 signed print plate & 5 sketch cards- That'll do me.

I always look on ebay for a bargain- I havent paid more than 8 for any of my print plates, 20 for the signed print plate (Michael Troughton) & apart from my Redeemed sketch card I havent paid more than 40 for any of the sketch cards that I have.

I did pay 20 for a Series 2 Retailers 3 card hand numbered promo set (100 available) from Nonsport Trading cards

Radikal Cards also have a hand numbered 3 card set (again limited to 100) which I havent bought yet, I dont know if there are any other sets out there.

I still need (from series 2)-
Tarrant/Avon dual auto card
Tarrant/Avon/Vila triple auto card
Blake auto
Cally auto
Vila auto
Servalan auto
Servalan signed Costume card

Once I have these I will be content that I have completed what I want.

Overall I have been really pleased with the quality of the cards and Unstoppable Cards deliver a very high quality of Customer Service, which I have to praise.

The images they have used have had some surprises in there for me with some that are not seen that often.

The minor criticisms I have are

too many print plates/sketch cards to collect (incl signed ones) -
the autos for the series 2 Cards could have been better thought out with less duplicates & NO Travis 2.

But overall I totally love having my little collection and I'm grateful there here

ollie
I spoke to Barrie today and he said that a binder for the Blake's 7 cards will be coming out later this year (and they've received the binders). Additionally there will be 'binder only' autos which will include Colin Baker and Barbara Shelley....

Mark

wall1885
ollie wrote:

I spoke to Barrie today and he said that a binder for the Blake's 7 cards will be coming out later this year (and they've received the binders). Additionally there will be 'binder only' autos which will include Colin Baker and Barbara Shelley....

Mark

That's really great news - that's something I'll definitely be interested in buying

Spaceresearcher
Have to confess I had other priorities taking precedence over the 2nd card release this time. Thankfully I was able to pick up an entire set and a foil set on ebay which saved me a bucket load.

So if you don't have a lot to spare there's a stack of complete sets popping up for grabs there.

Please note that purchasing the cards from Unstoppable is a worth while acquisition and will provide you with a good handful of rare collectible autographed cards in addition to the basic set. Fans like myself will miss out on those this time, but the ones I got from the first card set were well worth the extra cost. (If it's any consolation the money is going towards Blakes 7 model projects instead).

Robe
Well I received the rest of my auto cards including triple auto card and Pearce auto costume card. Thankfully the series 2 costume card and signed costume card do fit in standard card protection sleeves.

Robe
The additional autos with the binder are great news.

wall1885
I had an email from Barrie @ Unstoppable last week. The Binders should be available for order some time next month.

He also revealed they were planning another set of Blake's 7 cards to be released sometime in the Winter.
He wasnt able to disclose what the set would consist of yet or any other info at all.

I have enjoyed the ones released so far but I do hope any further sets are considered very carefully.
I felt the first 2 sets let themselves down with the multiple auto cards of the same people eg all the different Tarrant/Vila/Avon ones
also the Blake auto from the series 2 release would have been appreciated much more if it were a picture from either of the episodes 'Terminal' or (preferably) 'Blake'

And we all know Travis did not feature in Series 3 or 4 of the TV Show so why we had another Brian Croucher auto was a mystery.

I honestly DO NOT want any further autograph cards from anyone that has already taken part in the first 2 releases. I would just feel cheated.

I would like auto cards for Chris Boucher, Matt Irvine & anyone else that made a major contribution to the show. Be it Writers, Directors, Designers etc etc

I remember a few years ago there were some Doctor Who auto cards that were facsimiles for artists that are no longer with us so maybe David Jackson, Peter Tuddenham, Terry Nation, Vere Lorrimer & David Maloney autos would make nice additions.

The list of autos of people that I would like (apart from those mentioned above) would also be
June Hudson
Roger Murray-Leach
Dudley Simpson
Colin Baker
David Collings
Pamela Salem
Deep Roy
Leslie Schofield
Peter Miles
Carol Royal
Scott Fredericks
Tom Chadbon

IMHO all of these would be welcome autos on cards featuring a picture of their B7 related work.

I would like a chase set featuring the many different space craft in the series- there are so many to chose from

maybe a set featuring orig costume design drawings

or the weapons of Blake's 7

These are just some of my thoughts that I wanted to share with you all.

If any of you out there will buy the next set - what would you like too see???

BradPaula
Can't really disagree with you Wall. One wonders what the proposed new set of cards will be of. And I like your list of likely autograph subjects. Perhaps a letter to Unstoppable to suggest your ideas? -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

ollie
Hi Everyone,

I just received an email from Barrie and the binders should be available from Monday. It comes with a Barbara Shelley auto card (but not Colin Baker as previously suggested). They've only produced 199 binders so if you really want one....

Mark

Robe
I bought a binder, very nice. The front is blue and has the cast for series 1 to 2 and the back is green and has cast for series 3 to 4.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.39 seconds
9,138,609 unique visits since 8th January 2014