Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Thunderbirds
Spaceship Dispatcher
Blue Peter presenter Anthea Turner became famous for building Tracy Island out of craft materials and sticky backed plastic back in the 1990s during the show's first revival, thanks to a run of repeats. We have a set of the instructions somewhere, they were iirc the most popular thing the show ever made available and ran out several times over...

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Tracy Island is one of the great fantasy creations along with the Tardis, Liberator and the Village etc

The giant hollowed out volcano? I love the rubber palm trees!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
We got GoT series 1 and 2 for Christmas so we'll be going through those soon. Waiting for series 3 and 4 to come out now.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Meddings? I wonder if his first name is Derek? Grin

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Was there any back story about how Mr. Tracy got all the money to fund buying an island and construction all these amazing machines? Also- it's always the same situation- he has 5 sons and no wife.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Hey, I'm back on time! And no, I don't have any explanation Grin

BradPaula
When I mentioned you hadn't posted for 12 minutes, I meant I saw no posts at all for that time, not even upstream. Now they are there and you're on time. Strange.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Was there any back story about how Mr. Tracy got all the money to fund buying an island and construction all these amazing machines? Also- it's always the same situation- he has 5 sons and no wife.

There was an effort to make a back story in the comics, but not on screen as far as I can recall. And yes, apart from Lady P this show did suffer the usual sexist attitudes of what people with money thought people with televisions wanted.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

When I mentioned you hadn't posted for 12 minutes, I meant I saw no posts at all for that time, not even upstream. Now they are there and you're on time. Strange.

Very strange, because they all appeared on the thread here! I always renew the thread after every post to see where my comment has gone Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Interesting that the first rescue attempt is not by IR but the conventional authorities, a narrative device used more than once iirc.

BradPaula
Nicholas Briggs posted a 'pilot' for Paul Starr- Pilot a few weeks ago and it was so bad, it made you appreciate how good Thunderbirds was and still is.

Spaceship Dispatcher
What is Paul Starr? Not heard of that one.

JustBrad
Exactly *why* do they have to keep their identities a secret?

If they can afford three space ships, a skylab, and a submarine, they can afford some pretty tight security.

BradPaula
The vertical decent jets were way ahead of their time.

JustBrad

And for good reason. Do a Youtube search. I dare you to sit through the whole thing. 2005

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

The vertical decent jets were way ahead of their time.

Well, three years ahead anyway.

BradPaula

Neither had we. Nick posted it for laughs during Christmas. It was a knock-off of Thunderbirds, marionettes, etc. but laughable in how they did it. There are even rip-offs of Daleks including the same basic designs and suckers on their 'arms'.

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

Exactly *why* do they have to keep their identities a secret?

Have never worked that out myself; they are neither military or commercial equipment, so what does it matter?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Of course, the whole idea that Lady Penelope could find one car on the M1 while still at home is ludicrous. Even with FAB1 she will take time to reach the motorway and, in the days before live traffic cameras, how would she know if she had joined in front or behind the other car? Or if had turned off altogether?

BradPaula
"There'll Always be a Britain" song? LOL

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,802,128 unique visits since 8th January 2014