Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7: A Critical Guide
Spaceship Dispatcher
Maybe she's confusing it with Survivors and means Tom Price? Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Seriously though, Paula will be chuffed that Tom Kelly is mentioned in the forward Wink

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Seriously though, Paula will be chuffed that Tom Kelly is mentioned in the forward Wink

Now where is my Welsh street sign?? Angry
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Child Of Auron
My copy was delivered today. I look forward to reading it, once I have finished reading the novelisation of Alien

Rodney
One of the things you will find is a huge number of quotations. As Spaceship Dispatcher (Alex) points out in his wonderful Foreword, there is a "plethora of amazingly quotable dialogue witnessed through all four series of the show". I cannot think of a TV show with better dialogue.
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

Lurena
Rodney wrote: I cannot think of a TV show with better dialogue.

Oh agreed!
I'd like to read your work Rodney. (And of course Alex foreword)
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
My hardback copy arrived direct from Lulu this morning, in plenty of time to take with me to the Cygnus Alpha convention next month! Lots of blank space in the first few pages for autographs...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 07 May 2015 10:01:06
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
I've read all of the first series so far and I am liking it.

Rodney
Glad to hear it! I hope the rest of the book lives up to it. After the 'original' season, it was Series 3 which I most enjoyed writing on most as there were so many terrific episodes to analyse.

BradPaula
I just completed reading series 2 and it's been a great read. I don't really have any complaints. I'm just thrilled that we are experiencing such a glut of Blake's 7 items of late. It's been like Christmas here!

sutekh101
Encouraged by the comments in here about the other new B7 book on the market. I shall place an order for a copy Smile

Rodney
Just to update people: I have received so many negative reviews of my 'critical guide' from B7 fans that I have withdrawn the book from the market. I still love the series but wasn't enjoying the unpleasant e-mails!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Sorry to hear about that Rodney, it was an excellent piece of work imo and one that I'm very proud to have in my collection.

Lorna
How awful!! I really enjoyed your book. Those people are not real fans of Blake's 7 in my opinion.

Anniew
Rodney I apologise for those fans. How unpleasant. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and your insights on episodes. You views were often different to my own but always made me stop and evaluate. The connexions you drew with the Avengers and TV at that time were fascinating. It's sad when people invest so much in a series that is fantasy that they forget to be respectful and polite in real life. Critical opinions are a good thing, even if negative, but nastiness is just...nasty!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

meegat39
Rodney wrote:

Just to update people: I have received so many negative reviews of my 'critical guide' from B7 fans that I have withdrawn the book from the market. I still love the series but wasn't enjoying the unpleasant e-mails!

Darn it! I was hoping to get a copy for Christmas Sad I'm really sorry Rodney, I don't know why some people have to be so rude and nasty
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Rodney
Many thanks for the kind comments. I knew that by approaching the show from 'outside' I would probably get some negative press but it was becoming depressing receiving e-mails saying 'you can't write' or 'you clearly know nothing about the show' etc. I won't abandon the lovely site or a series I hold dear.

trevor travis
Rodney, I'd still very much like to buy the book, but haven't ordered it yet. Ignore the evil Federation forces, and please put it back on sale.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Rodney wrote:

I won't abandon the lovely site or a series I hold dear.

That's really good to read as we would hate for you to step out of our fandom over the bad experience. I'm confident in saying that your views, even those uncommon amongst the series longer term fans, are always welcome here and we look forward to many more discussions in the future. Basically, we're glad you're staying.

Ps, I second TT's motion that it remains available to fans who want it and have not ordered yet - perhaps by a private arrangement by email maybe?

littlesue
Rodney, please don't withdraw your book from sale...that means that 'they' have won.
I presume that you and the publisher have invested a great deal of time and money in the production of this book. It would be a great shame that all that effort has been wasted because of some nasty comments.
And as for some saying 'you can't write'. I'd love to know what criteria they have used to reach this conclusion.
The joy of B7 is that everyone has their own take on it.
The book 'Liberation' has many viewpoints with which I don't agree, but I believe that they are entitled to that view.
So please, don't pulp the book.
And perhaps selling it via e-mail is the way to go.
But please reconsider your decision.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.76 seconds
9,825,183 unique visits since 8th January 2014